General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Basic walk run device Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-01-01 7:37 AM

Subject: Basic walk run device
Good Morning
I am looking for a basic "watch" for the kid. She walks/runs about 800 miles per year and about 90% on the treadmill. I am looking for something that will track her walking and convert to miles. We are currently just using the treadmill and my garmin 910xt when we are outside. I would like a Garmin or Fitbit. We both are doing the Amerithon 3150 challenge this year and wanted to help "push" her more to the outside trail work.
Thanks
Joe

2017-01-01 3:09 PM
in reply to: #5208501

Subject: RE: Basic walk run device
My niece got a Misfit for Christmas. She's 11 years old and primarily a swimmer. She's been checking her steps etc with the app and seems to love it!
2017-01-01 9:22 PM
in reply to: Puppetmaster

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: Basic walk run device

Originally posted by Puppetmaster Good Morning I am looking for a basic "watch" for the kid. She walks/runs about 800 miles per year and about 90% on the treadmill. I am looking for something that will track her walking and convert to miles. We are currently just using the treadmill and my garmin 910xt when we are outside. I would like a Garmin or Fitbit. We both are doing the Amerithon 3150 challenge this year and wanted to help "push" her more to the outside trail work. Thanks Joe

I had my husband pick up a Fitbit Flex 2 for my Mom for Christmas and he decided to get me one too. At first I thought this was a pretty silly gift for a triathlete because I already have garmins for swimming and running/cycling so what do I need a tracker for. But I'll admit, I'm walking more than ever just to get the step count up on the Fitbit plus my regular tri related workouts. I walked to and from my doctor appointment the other day and I'm sick with a sinus infection lol. The clinic is only 1 mile away but this was entirely motivated by the Fitbit. I am parking farther away from stores and making sure I get out to walk the dog.  It distinguishes between running and walking. I'm tracking how much water I drink, calories in and out, sleep. What I have is not a watch, it's a tracker. You have to access the app to see your stats. I am not sure how accurate it is but you can adjust the step count based on your own. I just haven't taken the time to figure that out. 

I think it's a pretty cool little gadget. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Basic walk run device Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

return to running after injury - run/walk questions

Started by trigal38
Views: 2867 Posts: 17

2011-08-16 9:49 AM owl_girl

Run/Walk vs. Straight Running

Started by TriAya
Views: 2298 Posts: 22

2010-11-23 10:23 PM papson14

Building Endurance: Run/Walk or Power Walk?

Started by lazytriathlete
Views: 2442 Posts: 16

2009-12-03 12:34 AM dscottmd

Question re running/walking intervals when just beginning a running program

Started by Lori 22
Views: 1134 Posts: 10

2008-04-04 10:17 AM Lori 22

Walk-Run on the Long Run Pages: 1 2

Started by VikingMom
Views: 3236 Posts: 47

2006-02-28 8:14 AM mikericci
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 26, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Instructions on how to directly upload routes from your Garmin training device into your training logs.

date : April 11, 2007
author : Coach AJ
Discussion on the walk/run technique, run injury and cadence, barefoot running, staying aero on long climbs and HIM preparation
date : March 5, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussion on tapering, treadmill workout, long run issues, insituting run/walk, surrounded by hills and knowing your LT.

date : September 26, 2004
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Pain shows us how strong we are. After last weekend I am convinced of this. After 151 training hours of swimming, biking, and running, I flew to Sonoma County, California for the race.
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.