General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How often do you race? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-07-21 2:05 PM
in reply to: #39162

User image

New Hampshire
Subject: RE: How often do you race?
I have 2 lined up and paid for – one in August and one in September – boh sprint and I’ve never competed before.

I also have penciled in an Olympic at the end of September (that will depend on my first 2 races) and as its only 2 weeks after my second sprint I thought I’d try to ride the Kancamagus Highway in my one spare weekend between races.

Winter is long slow base training for next year – I have to learn to run!! Plus Volleyball will start again soon and I have a championship to defend!!

Oh yeah – I also coach kids soccer so that’s Saturday mornings out as from September.

Edited by mikenhe 2004-07-21 2:06 PM

2004-07-21 4:59 PM

User image

I like the answers--great question TypeA Girl Pilot!

On March 22nd, I decided to do my first tri (the Danskin in August 2004). I got impatient and did one in June 2004. I had so much fun that I signed up for one in September so that will make up my first summer of tri-ing!
2004-07-21 7:09 PM

Online or Offline
Thanks zaza! Its also fun reading the names of races and locations.

I'm envious of the people who have a full summer or year of races planned....both of their bodies' stamina and commitment. (And excess recreational funds!)
2004-07-22 4:05 PM

User image

Master
Chicago

YOU GUYS ARE MANIACS! GET A LIFE ALREADY! Oh wait Tri'ing is LIFE!

Well, I started this season with wanting to just do one triathlon. That didn't last. Here's the tally:

3 short distance run races, 1 5k, 2 sprint triathlons (OMIGOD, I've done Six races this year! What the heck????)

Upcoming:

1 sprint tri (although Cogirl's trying to talk me into another on Sept. 5)

2 open water races

4 short distance run races (one a month until December)

That would give me a race a month give or take one.

Woo Hoo. Are we studs or are we studs! Did I mention that six months ago my idea of fun was watching television with a bucket o' chicken? Ovetta.

2004-07-22 6:12 PM

Regular
Started with a goal of doing #2 of a sprint series in the summer...with 2 months to train. Enjoyed it so much [almost enjoyed training more than the event itself...] that I signed up for the last series event...and found 3 in Sept near where I'm moving...
  • ..and PS...I don't sign up before my wife finds out...I have to get the OK first ;-) ...I'm not whipped, I just can't run a tri with broken legs...
  • New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How often do you race? Rss Feed  

of 2