Other Resources The Political Joe » Protestors fired for being stupid..... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2017-02-21 9:23 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Protestors fired for being stupid.....

2017-02-21 9:35 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Protestors fired for being stupid.....

Another example of how goofy the libs are becoming.  So you're an immigrant with a good job and an employer who takes care of you with beneifts, etc.......and you come up with a protest that hurts the business that employs you??  BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Now you're upset because they fired you????  How is this normal thinking?  LOL

"fired for exercising their 1st amendment rights".......no, they were fired for missing work you moron.

You just can't make this stuff up.

Edited by Left Brain 2017-02-21 9:40 AM
2017-02-21 9:45 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Maybe they thought they were irreplaceable.....

I am a degreed engineer with 30 years experience and have always considered myself replaceable! No matter how good you think you are, there is always someone out there that do the job better, cheaper and faster! And there are always people willing to take your job should the opportunity arise.
2017-02-21 9:53 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

or maybe they value compassion over money

2017-02-21 10:07 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

or maybe they are selfish idiots with no compassion for the guy running a business.

2017-02-21 10:11 AM

User image

Pro

Maybe one of the questions on the citizenship test should be, "what happens if you don't show up for work, or don't let your employer know you will not be there for the day"........you know, things I heard from my parents since I was 5.

2017-02-21 10:16 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
And compassion doesn't pay the bills...
2017-02-21 11:36 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I fully support their value of compassion and hope it pays well.  

2017-02-21 11:45 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

I fully support their value of compassion and hope it pays well.  

One can have compassion without shooting oneself in the foot. It's one of those "what the heck were you thinking" moments.

Ironically, I heard nothing about their 'protest' until the article about them getting fire caught my eye. So they accomplished something....they drew attention to their cause and gave me my laugh of the day! Thank you protestors!

2017-02-21 12:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

i'm glad i'm not related or work for any of you

2017-02-21 12:18 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You might be surprised.  In all seriousness if somebody wanted to take a day off or use vacation, then by all means. 
However, if they no call/no show for work then they're gone and I don't really care what the reason is. 

If I'm paying somebody $40/hr to be here for 8 hours today and they don't show up, then they're attempting to steal $320 from me and I treat them accordingly.  If you hire a guy and pay him to fix your furnace, then you expect him to show up and treat him accordingly if he decides to go protest somewhere in stead.

2017-02-21 12:22 PM

User image

Pro

Really?  One of the employers was on TV last night and was pretty distraught.  He had fired employees that he'd had for 20 years.  he said he had helped them during all kinds of family problems and always paid a fair wage with full benefits.  He said that he had made it very clear to his employees that he had contracts that needed to be filled and that they needed to be at work or face termination. 

Dave, people can do whatever they want......but there may be consequences.  You weigh the consequences and decide what you can live with.  It's life....you don't get to make your own rules. Man, your party/generation must have been getting your trophy when that lesson was taught. LMAO

Don't worry.  I sit on the hiring board where I work......you would NEVER be hired.

2017-02-21 12:37 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

If they went to a klan rally or skin head rally would you still be supportive or are you only compassionate for employees if they are protesting the causes YOU happen to support?
2017-02-21 12:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Left Brain

Really?  One of the employers was on TV last night and was pretty distraught.  He had fired employees that he'd had for 20 years.  he said he had helped them during all kinds of family problems and always paid a fair wage with full benefits.  He said that he had made it very clear to his employees that he had contracts that needed to be filled and that they needed to be at work or face termination. 

Dave, people can do whatever they want......but there may be consequences.  You weigh the consequences and decide what you can live with.  It's life....you don't get to make your own rules. Man, your party/generation must have been getting your trophy when that lesson was taught. LMAO

Don't worry.  I sit on the hiring board where I work......you would NEVER be hired.

oh, some of them definitely deserved to be fired.  However you are all sitting here on your middle class high horses mocking people, and i think you're all being a$$holes

2017-02-21 12:46 PM

User image

Pro

oh, some of them definitely deserved to be fired.  However you are all sitting here on your middle class high horses mocking people, and i think you're all being a$$holes

Yeah dude.....I'mma always mock people who do stupid chit to themselves and then blame others. LOL  I'm going to still do it if I lose everything and live in a van down by the river....because self-inflicted misery is stupid.

I used it as a teaching moment for my kids, who are just making their first forays into the working world....I said, "see those people there who no longer have jobs because they made a decision and now don't want to be held accountable?......those are idiots......don't be an idiot".

Edited by Left Brain 2017-02-21 12:49 PM
2017-02-21 12:52 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Yeah dude.....I'mma always mock people who do stupid chit to themselves and then blame others. LOL  I'm going to still do it if I lose everything and live in a van down by the river....because self-inflicted misery is stupid.

I used it as a teaching moment for my kids, who are just making their first forays into the working world....I said, "see those people there who no longer have jobs because they made a decision and now don't want to be held accountable?......those are idiots......don't be an idiot".

Funny...I sent it to my kids too.

2017-02-21 1:04 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

We are mocking people that are not here and will never see this. You OTOH just called us as)s)wholes....with dollar signs.....I suppose that means we have money coming out our as)s)es?
2017-02-21 1:16 PM

User image

Pro

I can still hear my Grandpa when something bad happened to me as a result of my own fault......."yeah, boy, stupid is SUPPOSED to hurt".

His mocking still haunts me. LMAOOOOOO

2017-02-21 2:24 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Why does everybody have to be divided and classified by race, income, etc?  This is the same mentality people use to be racist.  They're different than me so it's ok to disparage them. 
If I work hard all my life and lift myself out of poverty and become successful in life, why is this a bad thing worthy of criticism?
Also, I find your use of middle class insulting. I'm upper class.  :-P   (haha, just messing with you

2017-02-21 2:34 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

Why does everybody have to be divided and classified by race, income, etc?  This is the same mentality people use to be racist.  They're different than me so it's ok to disparage them. 
If I work hard all my life and lift myself out of poverty and become successful in life, why is this a bad thing worthy of criticism?
Also, I find your use of middle class insulting. I'm upper class.  :-P   (haha, just messing with you

I have zero class....but I am a 1 percenter....with money flying out my arse.
2017-02-22 12:36 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
I'll cede that I'm an a$$$hole, but what makes you think I'm middle class?

Edited by mdg2003 2017-02-22 12:41 AM

2017-02-22 6:59 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

I'll cede that I'm an a$$$hole, but what makes you think I'm middle class?

Good point. Need to consider the audience....

"A survey conducted by USA Triathlon, the governing body for the sport, found that the average income of a triathlete was $128,000 a year as of 2010. Of course, this income isn't solely from winnings. Triathletes typically hold day jobs, many providing six-figure salaries."

2017-02-22 7:02 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
BTW, I've always hated that term "middle class". It implies there is a low class and a high class. The term "class" has multiple meanings and I think it is just a poor word choice when talking about income. I know a lot of high income people with no class....and a lot of really classy low income folks. We should just say middle income, low income or high income. But that's just my opinion.
2017-02-22 8:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

its a description of income and quality of life....

2017-02-22 8:53 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

its a description of income and quality of life....

Hah, ok that's funny.  Income maybe, but income is relative.  Making $100k in Nebraska is a lot different than making $100k in Seattle. 
Also, some of the most miserable people I know are quite wealthy.  Money brings far different quality of life issues. 

As a nation we need to stop dividing people by race/religion/class/gender/sexuality/etc.  If you haven't noticed, every time the government and people divide people there are people who start hating across that divide.  It needs to stop!

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Protestors fired for being stupid..... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Love this Guy! I am voting for him!

Started by jford2309
Views: 539 Posts: 2

2016-02-18 4:33 PM ChineseDemocracy

Koreas trade fire

Started by switch
Views: 1112 Posts: 13

2014-04-01 7:41 PM moondawg14

Man sets himself on fire at National Mall

Started by DanielG
Views: 701 Posts: 4

2013-10-05 4:28 PM DanielG
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 31, 2016
author : rjcalhoun
comments : 5
From heavy, stressed business owner to triathlete

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
date : July 31, 2006
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
This is NOT a diet book, but a weightloss book that has helped me change how I see food and the choices I make when I eat.