General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit recommendation Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-03-03 2:57 PM

Subject: Wetsuit recommendation
I'm starting to shop for a wetsuit and wondering if any one can comment on three suits

Roka Mavorick Elite

Xtera Vector Pro

Blueseventy Reaction

I would be looking at full sleeve

Edited by USBPA 2017-03-03 2:58 PM

2017-03-03 6:49 PM
in reply to: USBPA

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
Subject: RE: Wetsuit recommendation
Most important factor in a wetsuit is one that fits. The Reaction is nice in that it is thinner in places you need it for greater flexibility and uses premium Yamamoto rubber either #39 or #40 when a lot of manufacturers will use cheaper rubber on anything but the very top-end suit.

AND you can always save 25% on BlueSeventy if that is your choice here:

http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2016/08/blue-seventy-wetsuits-coupon-c...
2017-03-04 10:46 AM

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Originally posted by USBPA

I'm starting to shop for a wetsuit and wondering if any one can comment on three suits

Roka Mavorick Elite

Xtera Vector Pro

Blueseventy Reaction

I would be looking at full sleeve

I am really liking my Roka, seems to have given me more flexibility/mobility than that of any other. Like TG indicates above, probably just a better fit for my body type.
2017-03-07 4:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I'm looking to upgrade my wetsuit too. I have a 7 year old suit I bought for $100 that I hate because it's so stiff. I'm thinking if I hold my New Years resolution of Masters twice a week til the reservoir opens I will splurge on a new one.

How does one differentiate between suits? Are the higher $$$ one less restrictive?
2017-03-07 6:47 PM
in reply to: Moonrocket

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
higher end models are usually more flexible. One because they use less material in selects area but requires more stitching etc but they all use higher end rubber which is more flexible as well.
2017-03-07 7:58 PM

User image

Ventura, California

I am currently in the BlueSeventy Sprint full suit. I like it very much, fits like a glove and has good flexibility. In addition it was a affordable price at about $230. 

I did get a finger nail cut in it already but thankfully it hasn't split or shown any signs of getting worse. Its also really lightweight. I have only used it in 3 events, 2 of which where open water ocean swims, warm enough to where I can simply concentrate on my swim.

Overall I think BlueSeventy is a good brand from my limited experience.

2017-03-07 8:44 PM
in reply to: #5214935

Philly, Pennsylvania
I have the Roka Elite and love it. It really is about fit and swim strength/positioning. What is your stroke like? Do you need extra hip bouyancy? These can be important questions to think about and research while making a decision.
2017-03-09 10:19 PM
in reply to: #5215330

User image

New user
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I had the Xterra pro for two years and last year a switched to the Roka pro. For me it was a night and day difference with the Roka being the clear winner. I found the Roka to be more flexible, no shoulder fatigue, more durable, more comfortable in the water. I could never imagine switching back. The "downsides" to the Roka is that it does take significantly longer to put on. Because of the forearm panels and ankle I would not recommend cutting them shorter like the Xterra so it will take some practice getting out of it. I know nothing about the other suit.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit recommendation Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

wetsuit recommendations

Started by bwoods0410
Views: 706 Posts: 2

2012-03-17 6:25 AM Bevie

Wetsuit Recommendations - Speedtube or sleeveless?

Started by rjp7204
Views: 610 Posts: 2

2009-09-17 10:45 AM chuck_cates

Wetsuit Recommendation - Kansas 70.3 2010

Started by harleyclone
Views: 602 Posts: 1

2009-08-27 4:34 PM harleyclone

Female Wetsuit Recommendation

Started by aggiecatcher
Views: 859 Posts: 3

2009-04-03 5:41 PM aggiecatcher

Wetsuit Recommendations

Started by Selachophobia
Views: 1134 Posts: 8

2007-07-08 11:58 AM slowone
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Don't power through your off season! Rest and take it easy. Our doctors tell you why rest is important, how long to rest, and what training and exercises you should be doing.

date : September 24, 2012
Your wetsuit is a substantial investment, and proper care will extend its life considerably.
date : February 4, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Learn about the different styles of triathlon wetsuits, how to choose one and why it is beneficial to have one.

date : April 22, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
Find out which sports nutrition practices effectively enhance performance. What and when you eat powerfully impacts how well you can perform.
date : November 17, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 3 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the Neo Sport Sprint fullsuit for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.

date : September 3, 2008
author : Ontherun
The first video in this series will go through some wetsuit basics: what is a triathlon wetsuit, different styles, rules for racing with a wetsuit and wetsuit care and fit.
date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.

date : April 2, 2006
author : TriDoc5280
comments : 2
This article will cover the basics on the nutritional needs of athletes and will include some standard recommendations from neutral bodies.