General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brick questions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-03-30 6:35 PM

Subject: Brick questions
Hi All,

A few questions about bricks. First off, it seems like the are quite valuable and recommended by many programs, and triathletes. So here are the questions:

1) Do you ever brick all three activities together?

2) Is there any sense in a swim to run brick (or run to bike brick, or bike to swim brick), since you never do these activities in this order?

3) Do bricks include tempo, intervals, or higher zone training? Or do you generally do bricks at a steady state and focus on speed during solo workouts?

I think that's all I want to ask about bricks for now...

One other random question, do you put on socks at the first transition before getting onto your bike?

2017-03-30 6:51 PM
in reply to: drew_ab

User image

Expert
Tyrone, Georgia
Subject: RE: Brick questions
Originally posted by drew_ab

Hi All,

A few questions about bricks. First off, it seems like the are quite valuable and recommended by many programs, and triathletes. So here are the questions:

1) Do you ever brick all three activities together?

2) Is there any sense in a swim to run brick (or run to bike brick, or bike to swim brick), since you never do these activities in this order?

3) Do bricks include tempo, intervals, or higher zone training? Or do you generally do bricks at a steady state and focus on speed during solo workouts?

I think that's all I want to ask about bricks for now...

One other random question, do you put on socks at the first transition before getting onto your bike?

You will probably get many responses and differing opinions on this. Here are mine.

1) Do you ever brick all three activities together? I do, especially when I want to practice transitions. I will typically do something much smaller than even a sprint but I have one workout where I do 200 meters on my swim bench into a 15 minute spin on the bike and then into a 5 minute run. I will go through this evolution about 3 times and get a nice hour of transition practice.

2) Is there any sense in a swim to run brick (or run to bike brick, or bike to swim brick), since you never do these activities in this order? I do this as well although it will start as a bike/run brick but I will go back into a bike effort following the run. For example this past Saturday I did 3.5 hours of 45 minute bike/25 min run and then repeated 3 times.

3) Do bricks include tempo, intervals, or higher zone training? Or do you generally do bricks at a steady state and focus on speed during solo workouts? I do some bike/run bricks with the bike portions with some intervals (typically very short bursts at just over FTP) and then transitioning into runs at Half Iron pacing. I have seen many variations on this one as well.

For me I think bike/run bricks especially provide a nice compliment to increasing running mileage with adding a short off the bike run once or twice a week.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brick questions Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

My First "Real" Brick

Started by Jwse30
Views: 649 Posts: 4

2016-05-30 11:46 AM SGirl

Yoga question

Started by verga
Views: 2307 Posts: 20

2016-05-28 1:02 PM ThomasGerlach ProTri

Tri Bike vs Road bike/aero bike questions

Started by gzh6464
Views: 9211 Posts: 10

2017-02-03 7:37 PM Jonlmac

910xt question

Started by jmk-brooklyn
Views: 3686 Posts: 11

2016-06-14 5:43 PM rositaa

question on gel bottle/flask

Started by thecouch
Views: 3250 Posts: 7

2016-12-27 9:28 AM dandr614
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 30, 2016
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Subscribe to your favorite forums and threads!