General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First time triathlete. NB canada Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-17 4:07 PM

Subject: First time triathlete. NB canada
Training for my first triathlon on June 11th. I am a runner...i started training for biking and swimming a week ago. I am at 400m in 15 minute which I know is high but this is new to me....did 20km bike ride in an hour and ten minutes. Any advice is appreciated especially to cut swim time and biking uphills

2017-04-20 1:30 PM
in reply to: DarlaRose

User image

Oviedo, Florida
Subject: RE: First time triathlete. NB canada
Hi Darla and welcome to B.T.

If you want to cut your swim time you really need to concentrate on proper technique. If you have access to some kind of Masters swim program, they can provide excellent advice. Give it time and it will come.

To get faster on the bike you really just need lots of time in the saddle. When you work the hills, try to remain seated so you don't waste a ton of energy.

Also, there are many free training plans on this site that are very good. Check them out and see which one might be a good fit for you.

Please keep us updated on your training and race results.

Good luck!

--
Dave
2017-04-27 2:26 PM
in reply to: DarlaRose

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Subject: RE: First time triathlete. NB canada
https://www.mastersswimmingcanada.ca/WP/en/

See if there is club/coach near you.

Technique is king... its why tiny kids can swim pretty fast. Don't train swimming like biking or running either. Lots of short repeats to start with.

Sets of 25 and 50m will do fine for the next while.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » First time triathlete. NB canada Rss Feed