General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 1st Wetsuit Advice?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-04-30 11:31 PM

Subject: 1st Wetsuit Advice??
I am looking to purchase my first wetsuit. Got two races under my belt and rented for both. Time to take the next step and purchase for future races.

I rented the blue seventy reaction and really liked it. However, it might be more than I am willing to spend at the moment. I noticed blue seventy has a 2017 sprint that just came out. Can anyone give me some thoughts about the new sprint vs the old sprint? Should I consider the fusion as a step up from the sprint?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2017-05-01 9:53 AM
in reply to: jakeddd

User image

Regular
Wisconsin
Subject: RE: 1st Wetsuit Advice??
Depending on your budget, the Xterra Wetsuits (Volt, Xterra, Vortex) are often considered the "beginner" wetsuits. They come in full or sleeveless and can be had for considerable discounts off the website prices. I bought it as a beginner suit several years ago, and found I didn't need anything more. I went sleeveless though, my understanding is that the shoulder flexibility on the more expensive full suits can be worth it.
2017-05-01 3:05 PM

User image

Regular
Tucson, AZ
Originally posted by jakeddd

I am looking to purchase my first wetsuit. Got two races under my belt and rented for both. Time to take the next step and purchase for future races.

I rented the blue seventy reaction and really liked it. However, it might be more than I am willing to spend at the moment. I noticed blue seventy has a 2017 sprint that just came out. Can anyone give me some thoughts about the new sprint vs the old sprint? Should I consider the fusion as a step up from the sprint?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

If you want to save 25% on the BlueSeventy website you can here: http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2016/08/blue-seventy-wetsuits-coupon-c...

Personally the most important thing is get a wetsuit that fits. If you already know the BS Reaction fits you then get it!! Nothing worse than going to another wetsuit, even the same brand, and finding out it does NOT or is just a little bit more restrictive!!!
2017-05-02 9:51 AM

I have the new BS Sprint suit and am very pleased so far. I'm doing my first tri with it this weekend but have a few OWS with it and it has been great. A decent amount of buoyancy and I haven't noticed any fatigue in the shoulders. It's ever so slightly tight around sides of the neck, but I also happen to have a long neck. Fit is obviously most important and it fits me very well. I'm 5'10" 160lbs and the SMT size fits great. Also, very easy to get off after coming out of the water. And with the 25% discount code, you can't beat the price, $150 brand new.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 1st Wetsuit Advice?? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Wetsuit 1st triathlon

Started by rebiker17
Views: 980 Posts: 4

2017-04-07 1:48 PM lowdon

New saddle ISM PN 1.1 - 1st ride not soo good

Started by yjt0189
Views: 905 Posts: 3

2016-07-05 6:02 PM ThomasGerlach ProTri

6.20.16 Happy Monday and 1st Day of Summer!

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 621 Posts: 5

2016-06-20 8:52 PM Jwse30

Wetsuit Buoyancy Advice?

Started by boosebaster
Views: 1431 Posts: 3

2016-05-23 3:55 AM boosebaster

Open water fail - advice Pages: 1 2 3

Started by linkslefty
Views: 3892 Posts: 51

2016-05-27 8:47 AM DV 1