Other Resources The Political Joe » Quoting tweets Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-05-30 12:27 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Quoting tweets
I don't have a twitter account but maybe someone can answer this.

Why is it when a news article cites a tweet the tweet is always repeated!! They will show the tweet and then immediately cite the tweet word for word.

“Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News,” Trump wrote.

Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2017

This was on Fox but I see the same thing on CNN, Yahoo, etc.

2017-05-30 12:30 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Quoting tweets

Originally posted by Rogillio I don't have a twitter account but maybe someone can answer this. Why is it when a news article cites a tweet the tweet is always repeated!! They will show the tweet and then immediately cite the tweet word for word. “Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News,” Trump wrote. Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2017 This was on Fox but I see the same thing on CNN, Yahoo, etc.

Probably because it's the only stories they write that actually have a "source" they can cite.......they're so proud of it they repeat it.

2017-05-30 1:03 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Rogillio I don't have a twitter account but maybe someone can answer this. Why is it when a news article cites a tweet the tweet is always repeated!! They will show the tweet and then immediately cite the tweet word for word. “Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News,” Trump wrote. Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News. — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2017 This was on Fox but I see the same thing on CNN, Yahoo, etc.

Probably because it's the only stories they write that actually have a "source" they can cite.......they're so proud of it they repeat it.

lol!!!
2017-05-30 1:55 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

depends on the site doing the quoting.  For example many sites you can quote a direct tweet and it displays it with the embedded twitter look/feel where a twitter user can like or share the tweet directly from the page.  Some browsers and such don't support that so they'll often quote the tweet in raw text as well so everybody can see it.

As you mentioned it sometimes looks weird with multiple quotes of the same tweet right next to each other.

2017-05-30 2:42 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

So that if the tweet is changed and/or deleted there is evidence of the original.

2017-05-30 3:16 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by crowny2

So that if the tweet is changed and/or deleted there is evidence of the original.

That sort of makes sense....but it makes reading awkward.

2017-05-30 8:28 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by crowny2

I can't remember who it was, but there was an example of CNN or somebody major directly quoting a tweet from some regular schmo.  He saw that it was front page on CNN (or whoever it was) and edited his message to a very pro Trump statement that had nothing to do with the original tweet.  It was humorous, but definitely an example of something like you're mentioning.

2017-05-31 6:50 PM
in reply to: tuwood

Master
, California

Twitter is awesome

2017-05-31 8:10 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Agree, it's hilarious.

I have no clue what the heck the whole typo thing was about, but it's made for a very entertaining day for the country.  Trump is uniting us through meme's.  lol 

2017-06-23 4:38 AM

Thanks for sharing.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Quoting tweets Rss Feed