Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2017-07-12 7:30 PM
in reply to: abake

User image

Expert
Illinois
Subject: RE: PEACHY CLEAN
Did pretty well today. Last weekend was a serious nutritional vacation and it's taken 3 days to get rid of that bloated, sicky feeling. I get that when I eat potato chips or lots of crackers, which were in abundance.

2017-07-12 8:05 PM
in reply to: kimmax

User image

Master
My husband has gone vegetarian in an effort to improve his health stats. Having a focus on that has improved meals at home. More vegetables, less meat (which my daughter and I are struggling with as reborn T-Rexes), so we've got that going. Right now I struggle with not hitting the beer after a long, hot training day. It's 98F in the shade these days! I feel like I earned it, but it's really not the best for rehydration, I suppose.

If I'm honest, 3-4 times a week I'm having beer. Run and long ride days.

I fluctuate between a solid 130-135 lbs at 5'1". That's a lot to haul around a race course for a tiny girl. I need to lose the nice layer of fluff hiding my 6pack abs (hahaha!), but I don't want to lose the muscle I've worked hard for.

Today is one of those days that I was too in a hurry to eat breakfast. Another dumb thing I do. I usually end up eating a ton for lunch and dinner because I'm starving. Ugh.

Good luck, everyone!! Thanks for letting me jump in.
2017-07-12 9:25 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by abake
Originally posted by cdban66

So I'm a day later on this than I hoped, but here goes. Short term goal is to hit 225, which I am almost at. After that, I'm taking it in 5 pound increments, with a final goal of 210. I started at about 232 and have another 1.5 to go to hit 225. I also need to get back on the bike, but this week is not looking so good. I'll probably be able to hit the road on Thursday after work. If I can do 4-5 sessions (swim or bike) per week I'll be happy as a teenager with a prom date.

I hope everyone is doing well and keeping after it!

ETA: You should all be getting Inspires from me in the near future. Just another way to keep myself accountable.

The 5 pound increments is a great approach, it makes it more manageable. Are you getting hit with all the Florida rain right now?

Yes, rain which is wreaking havoc on my riding. Primary two off road areas are closed due to seasonal flooding, so I am on the road bike for a while now. However, the current weather pattern is to start raining around 3:30 and let up around 6:30 each evening. That rain will generally include lightning, which closes the pool. And no running due to heel, knee, and PF issues. And I think half of that will be alleviated by weight loss, so this 15-25 pounds can't drop soon enough.

I know that all sounds like complaining, but it isn't. It is simply observations. I know what I need to do to make things better, so I'll just get on with it. Now if I can convince TUW (Ann) to stop inviting friends over for yumtastic dinners!

2017-07-13 8:31 AM
in reply to: Blanda

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by Blanda

My husband has gone vegetarian in an effort to improve his health stats. Having a focus on that has improved meals at home. More vegetables, less meat (which my daughter and I are struggling with as reborn T-Rexes), so we've got that going. Right now I struggle with not hitting the beer after a long, hot training day. It's 98F in the shade these days! I feel like I earned it, but it's really not the best for rehydration, I suppose.

If I'm honest, 3-4 times a week I'm having beer. Run and long ride days.

I fluctuate between a solid 130-135 lbs at 5'1". That's a lot to haul around a race course for a tiny girl. I need to lose the nice layer of fluff hiding my 6pack abs (hahaha!), but I don't want to lose the muscle I've worked hard for.

Today is one of those days that I was too in a hurry to eat breakfast. Another dumb thing I do. I usually end up eating a ton for lunch and dinner because I'm starving. Ugh.

Good luck, everyone!! Thanks for letting me jump in.

My hubby also went vegetarian a few years ago for health reasons. I've gone much more plant-based but still can't make the leap to vegetarian. And since I've been on Whole 30, I've had to add a little more meat because I'm not getting filled since there is no legumes and no cheese.

After a weekend where my portions were way off, I've done better for the last few days with portions. Tuesday I was lazy and had done no workout but at 10:45pm, I thought of this challenge so dropped to the floor and did some pushups, some stretches, and then was up to do Dancer 100s (kills my calves) and squats. So thank to all in the challenge for making me accountable.

Another week on Whole 30 and hopefully I can drop a few more pounds. Afterwards, I think I'm going to drop to Whole 30 periodically - a week or two at a time or Monday - Friday on some months. Funny, I feel healthy and stronger in some areas while on W30 but also have a much harder times on my runs while on it. But the runs could be because of the heat or a mental lapse.
2017-07-14 6:09 AM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by Pink Socks
Originally posted by Blanda My husband has gone vegetarian in an effort to improve his health stats. Having a focus on that has improved meals at home. More vegetables, less meat (which my daughter and I are struggling with as reborn T-Rexes), so we've got that going. Right now I struggle with not hitting the beer after a long, hot training day. It's 98F in the shade these days! I feel like I earned it, but it's really not the best for rehydration, I suppose. If I'm honest, 3-4 times a week I'm having beer. Run and long ride days. I fluctuate between a solid 130-135 lbs at 5'1". That's a lot to haul around a race course for a tiny girl. I need to lose the nice layer of fluff hiding my 6pack abs (hahaha!), but I don't want to lose the muscle I've worked hard for. Today is one of those days that I was too in a hurry to eat breakfast. Another dumb thing I do. I usually end up eating a ton for lunch and dinner because I'm starving. Ugh. Good luck, everyone!! Thanks for letting me jump in.
My hubby also went vegetarian a few years ago for health reasons. I've gone much more plant-based but still can't make the leap to vegetarian. And since I've been on Whole 30, I've had to add a little more meat because I'm not getting filled since there is no legumes and no cheese. After a weekend where my portions were way off, I've done better for the last few days with portions. Tuesday I was lazy and had done no workout but at 10:45pm, I thought of this challenge so dropped to the floor and did some pushups, some stretches, and then was up to do Dancer 100s (kills my calves) and squats. So thank to all in the challenge for making me accountable. Another week on Whole 30 and hopefully I can drop a few more pounds. Afterwards, I think I'm going to drop to Whole 30 periodically - a week or two at a time or Monday - Friday on some months. Funny, I feel healthy and stronger in some areas while on W30 but also have a much harder times on my runs while on it. But the runs could be because of the heat or a mental lapse.

I hear you on portion size! We had friends over for dinner (they brought dessert, chocolate cake) on Wednesday and Ann made chicken with yellow rice casserole that I LOVE. It was like I hadn't eaten in days. ARGH, I have the self discipline of a bilge rat. But, it was a one meal thing and I put it in the rear view and keep on keeping on. I was thinking of you all yesterday when I got home from work, saw the sun and no rain and jumped on a bike for an hour. My eating was a bit off, but maybe I can burn *some* of it off.

Good luck on your weekend everyone. We are headed across the state to see more friends, so hopefully I find some self restraint on the ride over 

2017-07-14 12:33 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Expert
Illinois
It's been interesting to read the different approaches --- vegetarian, plant-based, Whole 30, etc. Just goes to show that we are all individuals!
I did weigh myself today and that number is unchanged, but clothes fit better, so I consider that a win.

2017-07-15 12:07 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO

Hello!  I had a consistent week of good eating and regular workouts but sort of fell of the rails with both yesterday.  Missed my workout and went for dinner with a friend that didn't have the best food options but today is another day.  I find it interesting to see how my body adjusts moving from clean eating to otherwise.  Bloated, sluggish etc.  Sadly the scale hasn't budged in my case either though my clothes feel good on me.  I'm wondering if I'm eating enough.  I feel like I'm eating the same quantity of food and am rarely hungry but since all fruits and veggies my caloric intake fluctuates between 1000-1300 and I think I should be getting 1600 per day so maybe my body is just hanging on to it all.  Have a good weekend everyone!

2017-07-17 5:05 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Had a pretty good weekend in terms of nutrition. I cleaned out the pantry and got rid of a lot of processed stuff that we don't need to have lying around. We're starting to get tomatoes from our little garden, so that means lots of tasty salads.
2017-07-18 6:21 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Weekend away made for weekend of craptastic eating. Back at it on Monday, with the simple goal of one day at a time. Back on the scale tomorrow morning 

2017-07-19 5:30 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Doing pretty well but I struggle with the late afternoon slump at work. I think a lot of it has to do with boredom (bored at work, who knew???).
going to try to be more mindful of what I'm eating and why.
2017-07-19 11:47 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by abake Doing pretty well but I struggle with the late afternoon slump at work. I think a lot of it has to do with boredom (bored at work, who knew???). going to try to be more mindful of what I'm eating and why.

I've found that numerous "snacks" during the day seems to do better than the regular 3 meals a day. Of course, my meal size may be part of the issue...

2017-07-20 6:54 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO

Hi Everyone!

I just started working from home and so like Anne I purged thinking I'd be taking breaks all the time and wandering in to the kitchen.  Now if I'm hungry I only have fruits and veggies to chose from.  Surprisingly though it's been the opposite with my getting so involved in the work I don't take breaks and sometimes forget to have lunch!  

I have to share my latest meal obsession - so fast to make and tasty - chick peas, spicy arrabbiatta sauce, black olives, fresh basil and any leftover steamed veggies I have in the fridge.  Sometimes I add a little nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour.  SO GOOD and salty.  And after eating this pretty much daily I'm happy to report I seem to be holding steady for the past two days at 2# less woo hoo (of course now I've likely jinxed myself and will go up 3# tomorrow!).  Stay strong everyone!!  

2017-07-21 5:16 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

Originally posted by abake Doing pretty well but I struggle with the late afternoon slump at work. I think a lot of it has to do with boredom (bored at work, who knew???). going to try to be more mindful of what I'm eating and why.

I've found that numerous "snacks" during the day seems to do better than the regular 3 meals a day. Of course, my meal size may be part of the issue...

I think that's a valid point. Maybe mini meals are the way to go?
2017-07-21 5:19 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by kimmax

Hi Everyone!

I just started working from home and so like Anne I purged thinking I'd be taking breaks all the time and wandering in to the kitchen.  Now if I'm hungry I only have fruits and veggies to chose from.  Surprisingly though it's been the opposite with my getting so involved in the work I don't take breaks and sometimes forget to have lunch!  

I have to share my latest meal obsession - so fast to make and tasty - chick peas, spicy arrabbiatta sauce, black olives, fresh basil and any leftover steamed veggies I have in the fridge.  Sometimes I add a little nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavour.  SO GOOD and salty.  And after eating this pretty much daily I'm happy to report I seem to be holding steady for the past two days at 2# less woo hoo (of course now I've likely jinxed myself and will go up 3# tomorrow!).  Stay strong everyone!!  

Congrats on working from home! Are you loving it?
The chickpea salad sounds really refreshing -- I'm assuming it's served cold? Do you use the canned chickpeas or prepare your own?
2017-07-21 6:29 PM

User image

Master
TORONTO
Originally posted by abakeCongrats on working from home! Are you loving it?The chickpea salad sounds really refreshing -- I'm assuming it's served cold? Do you use the canned chickpeas or prepare your own?
No I eat it hot like a pasta dish.Working from home is AWESOME!
2017-07-25 8:43 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Me and the wagon have been separated for a while, and the fall was long and painful!!!!

Family leaves tomorrow and if things go according to plan, I may actually get back on some semblance of an eating plan soon. I can't believe how challenging it is to eat with any discipline when there is so much bad food around.  UGH.  I guess discipline is the key to all of this and I have none.

2017-07-25 11:15 AM

User image

Master
TORONTO

Me and the wagon have been separated for a while, and the fall was long and painful!!!!

Family leaves tomorrow and if things go according to plan, I may actually get back on some semblance of an eating plan soon. I can't believe how challenging it is to eat with any discipline when there is so much bad food around.  UGH.  I guess discipline is the key to all of this and I have none.

It's almost like you have to be a hermit and never go out I find. Even salads can add up re calories with goat cheeses and candies nuts etc. let alone hidden oils and adding booze! Stay strong and every minute is a fresh start LOL
2017-07-25 7:54 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois

LOL about separating from the wagon! It's so easy to start in on the crap food--- I'm better off not even tasting it, seems like one potato chip (or whatever) leads to a binge
2017-07-26 8:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Love chickpeas! I just learned how to make Felafals for my vegetarian husband, and I'm quite happy with them myself! I made a butternut squash/beet soup and added a few of the felafals. Yum! Also enjoy adding chickpeas to all my salads.

Chris, dust your knees off and reconnect with the wagon!

I'm starting Whole 30 on 8/1 so I'm pretty much enjoying all the things I will miss. Alcohol, dairy and soy sauce.

Edited by Blanda 2017-07-26 8:38 PM
2017-07-27 12:32 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

The wagon and I are getting reacquainted. 

That is all for today.

2017-07-28 8:55 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

First goal met this morning. I have reset the goal down another 5.

I hope everyone is doing well with their personal objectives. Keep on keeping on.

2017-07-31 5:26 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by Blanda

Love chickpeas! I just learned how to make Felafals for my vegetarian husband, and I'm quite happy with them myself! I made a butternut squash/beet soup and added a few of the felafals. Yum! Also enjoy adding chickpeas to all my salads.

Chris, dust your knees off and reconnect with the wagon!

I'm starting Whole 30 on 8/1 so I'm pretty much enjoying all the things I will miss. Alcohol, dairy and soy sauce.

Whole 30 is tough!
2017-07-31 5:26 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

First goal met this morning. I have reset the goal down another 5.

I hope everyone is doing well with their personal objectives. Keep on keeping on.

Congratulations!!!!
2017-07-31 5:27 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
I fell off the wagon dramatically this past weekend and now need to climb back on. I'm glad there's a shiny new month facing us, it's a bit of a psychological boost.
2017-07-31 6:22 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by abake I fell off the wagon dramatically this past weekend and now need to climb back on. I'm glad there's a shiny new month facing us, it's a bit of a psychological boost.

I am just glad that July is nearly done. We had another party this weekend. UGH.

Let's start August off on the right foot, shall we?

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » PEACHY CLEAN Rss Feed  

of 3