General Discussion Race Reports! » Playtri Festival Olympic Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Playtri Festival Olympic Triathlon - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Irving, Texas
United States
Playtri
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 21/115
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 3/12
Pre-race routine:

It was a rare treat to have a race less than a 45 min drive from my house! Still woke up around 4:45, tri suit on and out the door by 5. I ate my customary PB & honey sandwich and a banana on the drive and sipped on some Nuun. Other than being a little tired I was excited and ready to go!
Event warmup:

There was no swim warmup and I opted not to go for a run for some reason. I was mostly hanging around chatting to people and given it was a time trial start, I got in line and shook things out before getting in the water.
Swim
  • 28m 35s
  • 1500 meters
  • 01m 55s / 100 meters
Comments:

For some reason when I get in open water I resort to forgetting proper form and desperately just trying to finish. I was disappointed with this swim as I know I can do better but it is what it is. Lake was calm and extremely warm (no wetsuits allowed) and other than some customary veering this was an uneventful swim.
What would you do differently?:

Focus on my technique and practice sighting more
Transition 1
  • 01m 14s
Comments:

After some failed flying mount attempts the day before, I decided to put my shoes on in transition. Other than leaning how to keep my shoes on my pedals, this was an uneventful transition.
Bike
  • 1h 00m 27s
  • 22 miles
  • 21.84 mile/hr
Comments:

The course was 3 loops and was fast. I wanted to push the pace to see how I fared on the run so I tucked in low and just kept spinning.

According to the results I averaged 21.84 mph which for me is fast. Other than continuing to nail down my nutrition, I really can't complain about my bike.
Transition 2
  • 02m 11s
Comments:

As soon as I got off my bike, I got one of those awful abdominal cramps. It took a good 30 seconds to get it worked out before I could even think of putting my run shoes on. Other than that hurting like a you know what, I was excited to see what I could do on the run.

Not cramp!
Run
  • 49m 7s
  • 10 kms
  • 04m 55s  min/km
Comments:

Oh the story of my life....cramps. I'd been running a good amount in training and given I knew this was a fast course I was looking forward to pushing the pace. Clearly my body had other ideas in mind and needless to say, my body won. I was stopped dead in my tracks at least 5 times with leg cramps. I was hitting the gatorade hard at the aid stations but it wasn't working fast enough. Oh well. I finished.

I'm having deja vue writing this but not cramp. I keep experimenting with my nutrition but for some reason I can't seem to perfect it. Maybe I overbiked? Who knows...
Post race
Warm down:

It was painfully hot at the end, July in TX, so I drank a few bottles of water, grabbed some snacks and hit the massage table.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat, cramps

Event comments:

This was a great race and a lot of fun. They announced I came in 2nd in my age group at the awards ceremony but online it's showing I came in 3rd. Other than having to wait around over an hour for the awards, this was a very well organized, fast and great local Dallas race. I'll be back! I need to earn the 2nd place trophy they gave me :)

Last updated: 2017-05-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:28:35 | 1500 meters | 01m 55s / 100meters
Age Group: 4/12
Overall: 25/115
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:14
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:00:27 | 22 miles | 21.84 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/12
Overall: 11/115
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 02:11
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:49:07 | 10 kms | 04m 55s  min/km
Age Group: 0/12
Overall: 0/115
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2017-07-14 8:56 AM

User image

Subject: Playtri Festival Olympic Triathlon

2017-07-14 12:35 PM
in reply to: #5224290

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Playtri Festival Olympic Triathlon

That was one heck of a fast bike, wow!  Sorry to hear you had cramping issues so bad on the run but you were still fast!  Congratulations on your AG placing whether it actually be 2nd or 3rd and a nice finish overall!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Playtri Festival Olympic Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ladies' Choice Multisport Festival Triathlon

Started by smorific
Views: 876 Posts: 1

2017-06-14 11:42 AM smorific

Best in the West Triathlon Festival Half Iron

Started by willyt
Views: 908 Posts: 1

2016-09-13 1:29 PM willyt

Great Buckeye Challenge Olympic Triathlon

Started by rugerviking
Views: 873 Posts: 1