BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2017-08-15 6:15 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by JBacarella
Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by Hot Runner Think they will have that service at 70.3 Worlds as well?? I have spent so much money on getting there I may not otherwise be able to afford to eat!

Probably. I know that the hotel was Well Stocked with the Little Debbie oatmeal cookies -- the ones with the frosting in the middle. Oh, I just looked and I guess they are oatmeal cream pies.  There was some other flavor too.

I love those! That would make the hotel stay worthwhile.

That was my ride nutrition for a period.

I worked for a number of summers at the YMCA as a camp counselor. These were lunch at least once a week. Ah, those days of my youth before camp was overrun with safety rules and nutritional concerns. I'm so glad I grew up when I did.

2017-08-15 7:10 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner Think they will have that service at 70.3 Worlds as well?? I have spent so much money on getting there I may not otherwise be able to afford to eat!

Probably. I know that the hotel was Well Stocked with the Little Debbie oatmeal cookies -- the ones with the frosting in the middle. Oh, I just looked and I guess they are oatmeal cream pies.  There was some other flavor too.

Both Kevin and I were there when we checked into the hotel, they had a bag with one cookie in it. Then the reached under the desk and grabbed like half a dozen more for us. Apparently Little Debbie keeps them in cookies. Then, around the corner from the hotel, there was a Moon Pie store

2017-08-15 9:05 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Both Kevin and I were there when we checked into the hotel, they had a bag with one cookie in it. Then the reached under the desk and grabbed like half a dozen more for us. Apparently Little Debbie keeps them in cookies. Then, around the corner from the hotel, there was a Moon Pie store

I already saw the moon pie store online - LOL it's on the list!!

Which hotel did you stay at? Trying to decide hotel or VRBO. Looks like parking isn't an issue.
2017-08-15 9:20 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by lisac957

BIO TIME! Hi, I'm Lisa. I read almost all of your posts but am bad about replying. I've done too many races to count over the past decade, and am a proud member of the back of pack (BOP). Highlights of my race resume are 3 Ironman finishes (4 starts), and my low point was a crash on the IM Louisville bike course in 2015, resulting in a broken leg and game over for awhile. 

I recently moved from Kansas to Atlanta, and love it. My lifelong goal to live in a big city has finally come to fruition. Working on getting back in the tri game with a half marathon, MS Bike ride and Ragnar Relay this fall. I'll also be at IM Chattanooga in September volunteering, and plan to register for 2018. 

I work in Public Affairs/Employee Communications for a telecommunications company/internet provider/your favorite bill to pay each month, don't lie! (I get it, everyone hates the cable company. But my job, my team and my company ROCK!). Single dog mom to Bentley, my 13-year old dachshund. 

GO RACERS!

I think we're in for IMCHOO '18! I sure hope there are swiss rolls at the aid stations!

WOOHOO! It's going to be awesome!

EDIT: I'll probably be looking at VRBO and AirBnB... I've done this for two other IMs and it's fantastic, especially if you have a group. So much more cost effective and FUN! In Louisville, we were lucky to snag a 3-bedroom condo that was 3 blocks from the run course. I can laugh now, but I *only* had to hobble on crutches for 3 blocks to cheer on my friend who was still in the race after I crashed, so that was nice! 

Edited by lisac957 2017-08-15 9:23 AM
2017-08-15 9:57 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando

I already saw the moon pie store online - LOL it's on the list!! Which hotel did you stay at? Trying to decide hotel or VRBO. Looks like parking isn't an issue.

Don't kick me out of the group, but I've never been a fan of little debbie stuff - other than the swiss rolls and I like the tastykake version better  Sounds like Chattanooga is a lot like Philly except one city is all little debbie and the other all tastykake . 

2017-08-15 9:59 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

BIO TIME! Hi, I'm Lisa. I read almost all of your posts but am bad about replying. I've done too many races to count over the past decade, and am a proud member of the back of pack (BOP). Highlights of my race resume are 3 Ironman finishes (4 starts), and my low point was a crash on the IM Louisville bike course in 2015, resulting in a broken leg and game over for awhile. 

I recently moved from Kansas to Atlanta, and love it. My lifelong goal to live in a big city has finally come to fruition. Working on getting back in the tri game with a half marathon, MS Bike ride and Ragnar Relay this fall. I'll also be at IM Chattanooga in September volunteering, and plan to register for 2018. 

I work in Public Affairs/Employee Communications for a telecommunications company/internet provider/your favorite bill to pay each month, don't lie! (I get it, everyone hates the cable company. But my job, my team and my company ROCK!). Single dog mom to Bentley, my 13-year old dachshund. 

GO RACERS!

I think we're in for IMCHOO '18! I sure hope there are swiss rolls at the aid stations!

EDIT: I'll probably be looking at VRBO and AirBnB... I've done this for two other IMs and it's fantastic, especially if you have a group. So much more cost effective and FUN! In Louisville, we were lucky to snag a 3-bedroom condo that was 3 blocks from the run course. I can laugh now, but I *only* had to hobble on crutches for 3 blocks to cheer on my friend who was still in the race after I crashed, so that was nice! 

yeah we usually do VRBO but some venues look more hotel friendly (like IMMT) so I'm just checking every option. Nothing like being a little nuts over "where to stay" 13 months out

oh and I check every day for the 2017 athlete guide too. Yes I'm that person.

2017-08-15 10:00 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Orlando

GO RACERS!

I thought about VRBO or AirBnB for Louisville, but in the end decided I wanted to pay a lot of money to stay at the Hyatt  Actually, I didn't even think about anything but a hotel until after I booked and saw other people posting about VRBO and AirBnB! Sounds like it's something I need to try one day!!

2017-08-15 10:00 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

I already saw the moon pie store online - LOL it's on the list!! Which hotel did you stay at? Trying to decide hotel or VRBO. Looks like parking isn't an issue.

Don't kick me out of the group, but I've never been a fan of little debbie stuff - other than the swiss rolls and I like the tastykake version better  Sounds like Chattanooga is a lot like Philly except one city is all little debbie and the other all tastykake . 

Chattanooga has Little Debbie *and* Moon Pie!

What Ironman does Taskykake sponsor?

2017-08-15 10:03 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Just remember to wash down your Moon Pies with RC cola or you aren't doing it the true Southern way.

2017-08-15 10:05 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Chattanooga has Little Debbie *and* Moon Pie!

What Ironman does Taskykake sponsor?

Shows how much I know, I thought moon pie must be a little debbie product! I had 2 moon pies sitting in my fridge for a week or two after I ran the Moon over Croom race last month.  I ended up giving them to Gunnar - he loved them

Ha, I imagine if Ironman had a race in Philly they'd sponsor it - maybe!!  I want to find the ironman race sponsored by a really nice craft beer company. That may be the only way to get me to sign up for another one!!

2017-08-15 10:07 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

Just remember to wash down your Moon Pies with RC cola or you aren't doing it the true Southern way.

And if you aren't eating moon pies and drinking RC cola then you have to put peanuts in your ice cold Coke!

2017-08-15 10:16 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Mini race report for my race over the weekend:  I did better than last year as did EFP, he really smoked the run this year!  After taking the OA female winner and the masters winners out (who were all in my 41-50 AG I ended up 1st, LOL!  My true accomplishment was having the second fastest kayak time for females.  Next year...next year...I'll need to figure out a flying mount for the kayak transition!

It was a very fun day and fun, small event, great local feel and nice to be able to support local organizations.  The weather was MUCH better than last year, too. Last year was just stupid hot; this year was cooler and overcast, perfect!

2017-08-15 10:40 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Mini race report for my race over the weekend:  I did better than last year as did EFP, he really smoked the run this year!  After taking the OA female winner and the masters winners out (who were all in my 41-50 AG I ended up 1st, LOL!  My true accomplishment was having the second fastest kayak time for females.  Next year...next year...I'll need to figure out a flying mount for the kayak transition!

It was a very fun day and fun, small event, great local feel and nice to be able to support local organizations.  The weather was MUCH better than last year, too. Last year was just stupid hot; this year was cooler and overcast, perfect!

Congratulations!! 1st in your AG -woo hoo!! When you start practicing those kayak flying mounts please video and share

2017-08-15 11:38 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

And if you aren't eating moon pies and drinking RC cola then you have to put peanuts in your ice cold Coke!

Obviously y'all ain't from the south. Otherwise youda been eatin' these:

That right there is so good that your tongue will beat up the roof of your mouth!

2017-08-15 11:39 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Congratulations!! 1st in your AG -woo hoo!! When you start practicing those kayak flying mounts please video and share

WooHoo!

2017-08-15 11:48 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

guess we'll have to check that out. DH loves moon pies

2017-08-15 11:51 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

GO RACERS!

yeah we usually do VRBO but some venues look more hotel friendly (like IMMT) so I'm just checking every option. Nothing like being a little nuts over "where to stay" 13 months out oh and I check every day for the 2017 athlete guide too. Yes I'm that person.

I'm looking for it as well, and my bib #

2017-08-15 11:53 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Or a Yoohoo

2017-08-15 11:56 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

^^^ YES

2017-08-15 12:48 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner

guess we'll have to check that out. DH loves moon pies

Don't worry, they sell RC right in the Moon Pie place ;-)

2017-08-15 1:45 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Katy, Texas

^^^ YES

Very nice!! Congrats!!

2017-08-15 2:20 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-08-15 7:26 PM
in reply to: Jet Black

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by Jet Black

^^^ YES

Very nice!! Congrats!!
Well Done Melanie and so great that you had a really fun day.
2017-08-16 4:40 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Originally posted by StaceyK

Originally posted by Jet Black

^^^ YES

Very nice!! Congrats!!
Well Done Melanie and so great that you had a really fun day.

Cool sounds a fun race and well done!!
2017-08-16 5:18 AM

User image

Mini Bio

I'm Tom 40 years old and live in Congleton England which is 25 miles south of Manchester. Ran and swam as a kid but then found beer and cigarettes which meant I did no form of exercise till about 2 years ago. Did my first 10k two years ago when I joined a new company and had to run it for charity with 4 weeks training. Even though it was painfull I really enojoyed it so carried on with running and got back into swimming, got my first bike 20 months ago as saw some people do a triathlon and thought if they can do it so can I.

Did my first sprint triathlon last year and was supposed to do a 70.3 and olympic distance this year but fractured my collar bone at the end of April so that stopped that, getting back in to training now and plan to do them next year as differed entry. I am a member of running club (joined 2 months ago) love it as running some great routes that I never new existed, still praying that one day a run will be flat for the whole route! A member of a master swim group which is great as structed but god can I tell I haven't swam for a while as its been painful the last couple of times after 3 months out. I hope to do a full ironman in a couple of years as haven't got the time to commit just yet unless I want a divorce!

I have been married to a great women called Nicola for the last 9 years and have two kids Guy 6 and Winter 4, love them to pieces but also want to strangle them at times!

Love being part of the Manatees even if I don't comment as much as I should! I get great motivation on insight from all of you and love the strava feed seeing an insight into where everybody rides and runs.

Well thats me!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition Rss Feed  

of 44