General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sunglasses AMO Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-09-11 5:14 AM

User image

Kingston Upon Thames, England
Subject: Sunglasses AMO
Any suggestions for sunglasses for an Ironman?

I've looked at Oakley's EV Path and Rudy Project Tralyx.....I've now come across a company on the web called "AMO Advanced Multisport Opticis" specifically for Triathlons, Ironmans etc, that you can customise for the size of your face.

Does anyone own a pair of AMO gunglasses and if so can share their experiences. Or any other sunglass recommendations.

Edited by mortirolo 2017-09-11 5:14 AM

2017-09-11 5:02 PM
in reply to: mortirolo

Subject: RE: Sunglasses AMO
A fairly regular poster here has some reviews....

http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2016/05/best-cheap-ironman-cycling-sun...

He isn't opposed to using fairly inexpensive (cheap, in some cases) safety glasses with UV. So if you lose 'em, break 'em, ditch 'em....you're not out $80-$200.
You can search up any number of websites that have safety glasses.

I ordered some extra Crews (I think, they're a very common safety glass manufacturer).....once when I ordered regular non shaded ones for the factory. I've used them on and off. Some safety glasses tend to be fairly comfortable and work pretty well. Because....they're made to be inexpensive....they're lightweight and don't have rims. And they're designed to be worn for long stretches. No disruption to vision, comfort and cheapness.

I'd wear them exclusively, but I didn't get polarized ones. I have a nice pair of polarized ones I got for Christmas 2 years ago. If I look at bright light....I will start sneezing. It's a real thing. I looked it up. Polarized glasses cut down on the glare and reflections that really make me go into a sneezing fit. If I ever lose/break those. I will order up a pair of polarized for about $25.

If you don't need polarized, you can probably get a pair for $3-5 plus shipping.
2018-01-13 7:26 AM

User image

Wytheville, Virginia
Well, Oakley is one my favorite brand but nowadays I opt for some quality sunglasses at lower rates. On exploring various websites, I came across an online wholesale sunglasses supplier selling various sunglasses at best value, they even have reading glasses and I have recently purchased a prescription sunglasses with printed frame which I liked the most in it.

2018-01-13 11:05 PM

I've been using Tifosi for years. Very reasonable in the price department for interchangable lens and durable.
2018-01-22 3:07 PM
in reply to: ziggie204

User image

Regular
Wisconsin
Originally posted by ziggie204

I've been using Tifosi for years. Very reasonable in the price department for interchangable lens and durable.

I swear by Tifosi also.

The photosensitive lens are great for running/biking to adjust to the light levels. Reasonable too, $45 (clearance) to $90 generally.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sunglasses AMO Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Rx sunglasses

Started by MuscleMomma
Views: 3116 Posts: 10

2016-09-25 1:48 PM MuscleMomma