General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri'umphant Losers - Support Thread starting 9/13 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2006-09-16 4:32 PM
in reply to: #538931

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
Subject: RE: Tri'umphant Losers - Support Thread starting 9/13
well 2nd or 3rd is pretty good!!! all i think about right now is finishing, not competeing... for me the thought of finishing is already so thrilling... how was that when you started with tri's kathy? and the others?

2006-09-16 5:03 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Yay Kathy!

Thanks to all for the inspires and well wishes for my race. I had a BLAST and learned a lot (always) and did ok on my time (for me) - finished in about 1:25. And I did beat my baby sister, and even tho' I love for her to do great I still like to do better- LOL.

Still waiting for official results, but I got the general info from my watch, despite hitting the lap button incorrectly on a few of the transitions. I got 10th in my AG, but the most fun is that my girlfriend (who is a physical therapist and pilates teacher, and never thinks she is fit) got 4th in her AG and got a trophy! The trophys were PVC pipe elbows since the water company was the sponsor, they were so cute!

Will write a proper race report later on, I'm pretty pooped and just got up from my nap!
2006-09-16 5:36 PM
in reply to: #543423

User image

Champion
MA

kathie - 2006-09-16 5:32 PM well 2nd or 3rd is pretty good!!! all i think about right now is finishing, not competeing... for me the thought of finishing is already so thrilling... how was that when you started with tri's kathy? and the others?

Kathie,

I was afraid that I couldn't do it for my first tri. I was so nervous and anxious, I really didn't have fun.

Want to see what I was like when I started two years ago...read my first triathlon's race report. I joined BT the week before my first tri.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9111

Or click on the race button below me and read the oldest race...Try the Tri 

2006-09-16 6:15 PM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Hey Kathy:

Thank you SO MUCH for pointing out the link to your first race report. You know, sometimes it's so easy to lose that perspective on things, and feel bummed about a performance. But always good to remember the progression of the path you are on. And your early race report coupled with the one today is so inspiring to me to keep on at it, and get better all the time.

I think today the thing that affected me the most was this sense that if this was hard, Miami was going to be impossible. I know that I psyched myself out on the swim worrying about a race that is not even here yet, a whole month away. That is silly.

After a nap, I am feeling better and ready to dial in my training for Miami. I did forget to mention before that they had a REGGAE band and FREE BEER at the finish today. Sister and I took advantage of both, dancing with our beer. Later on some dude saw us and said 'Hey, you are the reggae girls!' - that was cool.

Also got passed by, and later got to talk to, a guy with a cool M-dot tattoo named Manny. It was a thing of beauty to see him running with such ease and speed. He's done IMFL a few times (2-3) and IMCDA, and IMLP. He said far and away LP was the best because it was SO BEAUTIFUL.

inspiration locked into target....
2006-09-17 3:36 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany

great job anna!!! congratulations!!

i've read your race report kathy and yeah... what an improvement!!  

so is everybody ready for this beautiful sunday?

i'll be going to a real madrid soccer game tonight and i so can't wait... but that means i have to go running earlier and THAT means i can't run at the park cuz there will be so many people... now i have no clue where to run and that kind of throws me off... i hate changes in routines... maybe i should go now and run up to the egyptian temple... i really have to start posting pictures of the places where i run here... this city is just beautiful!!  

2006-09-17 5:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany

no one awake yet?? come on... get up wakey wakey lol

i'm back from my run... and yeah... blonde girls sometimes ARE a little stupid lol (talking about myself here - no offense) ...

i ran around the temple... 4 times... and i was wondering, why it was so much harder today than when i run around the lake in the other park... and i was wondering, why everybody was running in the other direction... and i was wondering why i was so exhausted and everybody else seemed to just go for a walk...

when i was almost done running i realized why: i was running slightly uphill all the time - just about 20 meters where it goes downhill pretty steep... that means everybody was running downhill all the time lmao

BUT i did my minutes and that's all that counts for me right now... and doing them slightly uphill is even better hehe 

2006-09-17 6:24 AM

User image

Master
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Morning all! Congrats, Ann, on a great race! I'm glad you had so much fun! No surprise that you were faster than your little sister! Hope she had a good time too!

Kathy, it is really cool to read that first race report! Really helpful to those of us who haven't done our first race yet.

I'm a little pooped right now. I've been up most of the night tending my German Shepherd who had surgery yesterday. She seems a little improved this morning, so hopefully she'll keep improving and feeling better and better. I'm a worrier so, of course, I'm worried.

I'm probably going to do a swim/bike birck this afternoon. Maybe go all out for the quarter mile in the pool and then bike either the whole or partial bike course. And then: a nap!

Have fun tonight Kathie!
2006-09-17 6:39 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany
aww poor puppy.. what kind of surgery did she have? hope she'll be fine again soon!!
2006-09-17 4:46 PM

User image

Master
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Slow in here on Sunday, eh?

Kathie, my dog had to have a tumor removed that the vets suspect is cancer. We'll know in about a week when we get the pahtology report. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

My appetite is in the toilet, which always happens when I get stressed. But it's sure hard to train with few calories. I guess I'll have to force myself to eat SOMETHING. What a switcharoo from normal life, right?

Hope everyone is having a good day.
2006-09-17 5:19 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Munich, Germany

i'll keep my fingers crossed!! plus i'll squeeze my thumb (that's how we "cross fingers" in germany)...

i just got back from the soccer match.. next time i really should wear a heart rate monitor - just for fun... i'm pretty sure my heartrate shot up worse than when i'm working out... i'm really exhausted from all the screaming, squeezin thumbs and screaming even more!! lol 

we had so much fun... the first half was a little slow, but the 2nd half was great.. 2:0 for madrid!! whoohooo...

we had great seats too... and guess what was sitting next to me? a bunch of german guys... one of them kept talking trash about real madrid and i let him talk for a while but when i was fed up i told him in german that he's not making any friends with that crap... you should have seen his face.. i freaked him out pretty good...

i talked to them for a while and we found out that they're from a small town not too far away from mine... like we always say: the world is a village... haha

well i'm gonna go to bed now... it's been a looooooooong day for me.... i don't feel too well too... i've had this killer headache all day long... nothing helped... not running, not aspirin and not the gallon of water i drank one of those things usually helps... hope i'm not getting sick... the japanese guy has been sick for a while now... hope i don't get what he's got... i don't need that and especially not NOW!!

well anyways... nite nite
~Kathie

2006-09-17 6:55 PM

User image

Expert
West Metro Atlanta, GA
Nursing my husband back to health. I made a trip into town for sick-boy supplies, as well as some DVDs we're been wanting. It's been a couch kind of day, but good bonding day. Would have been better had we not had to be on separate couches!

I get to go back to training tomorrow! Yay!!!!

2006-09-18 4:31 AM

Regular

Okay.  I have two 5k races on my schedule for this year, one on Thanksgiving Day and one on new Year's Eve day, either of which could potentially require snowshoes.

Are we doing weekly weigh-ins, or weight change postings here?

For those of you that have been doing this for a while, try to remember what finishing your first week felt like.  Mine is a combination of feeling good about myself and pleased with results so far, with a little bit of omigod, I have to do this again thrown in.

Thanks for the support.

2006-09-18 4:46 AM

User image

Expert
Orlando, FL
Come on over to the NEW THREAD

I'll see if we can get the sticky swapped - who did that for us anyway?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri'umphant Losers - Support Thread starting 9/13 Rss Feed  

of 7