General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The Nation's Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-09-13 12:23 PM

User image

Regular
Arnold, MD
Subject: The Nation's Triathlon

Well this totally blows - not sure if everyone has seen the email yet - BUT - the swim has been cancelled - NOT because of weather or water quality - but because of a permit issue.  I'm not sure about everyone else, but I feel really cheated.  This was an expensive race to enter and while I totally understood water quality could be an issue if we had storms or rain around the race date, I signed up under the impression all the permits had been secured.

This just sucks - had I known this could have been an issue, I would have signed up for one of the other races to end the season...

2006-09-13 1:37 PM
in reply to: #539600

User image

Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: The Nation's Triathlon
Yes, it sucks. I am not sure what I feel. I am definitely disappointed, but certainly not surprised. Having prior experience and seeing first hand the DC ineptitude it is amazing that any of the race is going to happen. I was really hoping to have this be my first tri, but I am no looking for another race to satisfy that hope - Osprey maybe, there is one in Indian Head on the 30th.

I will turn the disappointment to anger and plan on kicking some serious in the race. What else can you do?

Good luck to you on Saturday.

Larry
2006-09-13 3:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Maryland
There is another race on Sept 30 at General Smallwood Park in Indian Head, MD. I am going to do it!

Larry

2006-09-14 9:41 AM

User image

Regular
Arnold, MD

Great attitude!  I've been trying to find a final race for the season as well - just can't seem to find a Sunday one... Feel guilty about my son's Soccer team, I'm the coach and have already made arrangements for the game this weekend.  Hate missing two.  Always next year.

bw

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The Nation's Triathlon Rss Feed