General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Heeeello:) Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-11-30 10:12 AM

User image

Subject: Heeeello:)
Hello, everyone!!! Just would like to find here useful tips and interesting conversation.

2017-11-30 3:54 PM
in reply to: Anna999

User image

Franklin, TN
Subject: RE: Heeeello:)

Welcome!  What is your athletic background?  Runner, swimmer, cyclist or all of the above. 

Useful tips...this is a good place for that.  Interesting conversation...well, it depends on whether you find conversations regarding (the usefulness of flip turns, streamlining in swimming, ftp, BarryP run training, and various remedies for training aches and pains) interesting.

2017-12-13 11:13 AM

Originally posted by Anna999

Hello, everyone!!! Just would like to find here useful tips and interesting conversation.

Here's my usual list of useful tips I offer up......they're all non athletically related because I'm not an athlete and there's far better folks to address those things. So, I go with my usual tips...things I either was too afraid to ask, or glad that I stumbled across.

1. there will be portapotties at just about every race. Not usually "on the course" for shorter races, but surely within striking distance of transition. However, there will be a massive line before the race.

2. "GI issues" don't mean burpy/heartburny feelings. It's runner's code words for something entirely different of which I will not get into. I'll leave that up to Google.

3. Read the rules of any race. It'll eliminate some worry/concern. Similarly, knowing some of the best practices and social graces (of which there aren't too many) about transition and racing helps eliminate question/concern/anxiety.

4. Learn how to rack your bike. Mainly because it's the most efficient way to do it space-wise, time wise/etc. But also so you can feel like a seasoned vet compared to the folks who don't know.

5. Limit your expenses up front. No need to run out and buy all sorts of gear. However, if you can find a race belt (they're usually cheap, sometimes giveaways, sometimes swag, sometimes on clearance)......they're way better than messing with safety pins.
2018-01-10 7:03 AM

Hello, everyone, nice to see you. I want to find more inspiration for my physical exercises.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Heeeello:) Rss Feed