Other Resources 2018 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 24

2018-05-09 8:51 PM
in reply to: soccermom15

User image

Regular
East Wenatchee, Washington
Subject: triathlon talk
I know some of you visit the other pages/forums here on Beginner Triathlete. I do. There was a fabulous post today regarding compression tights. It's really quite funny. I have to tip my hat to the guy who wrote it!

You can click onto it here: https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

Enjoy.

2018-05-10 11:02 PM
in reply to: lutzman

User image

Regular
Indianapolis, Indiana
Subject: RE: triathlon talk

Originally posted by lutzman I know some of you visit the other pages/forums here on Beginner Triathlete. I do. There was a fabulous post today regarding compression tights. It's really quite funny. I have to tip my hat to the guy who wrote it! You can click onto it here: https://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid... Enjoy.

Steve,

I saw that article and got a good laugh.  I don't know about everyone else, but outside of a race, anytime I have tight clothing or tights on, it's covered by running shorts.  Call me old fashioned!

2018-05-12 11:25 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: 2nd race
After my 10k rum a couple of weeks ago, it was time to add the bike and take part in my first (sprint) duathlon and first away race. Up until now, the longest I had travelled to a race was about 20 minutes. I was quite nervous about it to be honest. Way outside my comfort zone! Left yesterday (with son and dog as hubby was away) so I would not have to get up at 5am for a 10:30 start. Had a nice evening with my son (13) who is a budding photographer and took this opportunity to take some photos of the sea and different landscape from round here.
The night was short and agitated (mainly because of the dog who barked every time somebody farted in the next room), and in the morning,I was thinking about giving up and just go home. Felt tired and not in the mood to race. But I thought that would not set a good example for my son, so I went there. Once at the site, it felt better, although still worried about getting lost on the bike leg.

Had a good race, even though almost 2 minutes slower than the time goal I had set. Time was mostly (well, only) lost on the bike. Not surprising, as I have been focusing on running all winter and spring and only went on a couple of rides. Both runs were at my new race pace (5:15 per k).(from 6 min/k last year)

Glad I surprised myself by 1) signing up for an away race 2) going there 3) actually racing! Next one will be easier!

Edited by Rollergirl 2018-05-12 11:28 AM
2018-05-12 12:59 PM
in reply to: Rollergirl

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: 2nd race--Congratss
Originally posted by Rollergirl

Had a good race, even though almost 2 minutes slower than the time goal I had set. Time was mostly (well, only) lost on the bike. Not surprising, as I have been focusing on running all winter and spring and only went on a couple of rides. Both runs were at my new race pace (5:15 per k).(from 6 min/k last year)

Glad I surprised myself by 1) signing up for an away race 2) going there 3) actually racing! Next one will be easier!

Well done! Taking racing on the road is definitely an added challenge. From hotel beds to trying to get a decent breakfast before the race to finding your way to the start line...it's just added stress in an already stressful situation. Give yourself a pat on the back for rising to the challenge as well as turning in a good performance.

Congrats!

Steve
2018-05-13 9:00 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: fun video
Here's a pretty fun and inspiring video about a couple of rowers from Ireland that upset the world at the Rio Olympics, winning silver in the two man scull. Ireland had never won an Olympic medal in the sport.

13 minutes, loads of fun.

https://www.redbull.com/ie-en/gary-paul-o-donovan-way-of-the-wildcar...
2018-05-14 5:19 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Regular
Indianapolis, Indiana
Subject: Before Your Brag About Your Bike Handling Skills -

Warning - not for the feint of heart!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA

2018-05-15 7:04 AM

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Subject: RE: 2nd race--Congratss
Originally posted by lutzman

Originally posted by Rollergirl

Well done! Taking racing on the road is definitely an added challenge. From hotel beds to trying to get a decent breakfast before the race to finding your way to the start line...it's just added stress in an already stressful situation. Give yourself a pat on the back for rising to the challenge as well as turning in a good performance.

Congrats!

Steve

Thanks. It may seem silly to many but that was a real challenge for me. Can’t wait to do it again (next stop, a tri with a sea swim, never done that before)
2018-05-15 9:24 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Race week #2
Well, I'm packing up my bike and gear for another out-of-state Tri adventure. I'm flying tomorrow to Miami for an Oly distance race this coming Sunday. The races are fun, but man, the packing is a pain in the behind! All the gear plus the disassembly of the bike is just stress. The better news is after this race I'll be close to home for my next two races in June and July.

I'm hoping for a decent performance. My fitness is stronger than where I was for the Hawaii race several weeks ago and my weight is down. So, both those factors ought to help add speed. Weather looks iffy...major rain and thunderstorms in the forecast, so I'll hope for the best.

BTW--if you've ever wanted to do the Lavaman Triathlon on Kona, they will be opening registration for 2019 in the next couple of weeks. It will probably sell out in less than a month, so if you're interested, get your race entry in early. Its a fabulous place to tie in a Spring vacation in paradise with very fun race.

Have a great week everyone!

Steve

2018-05-16 10:36 PM

User image

Regular
Indianapolis, Indiana
Subject: RE: Race week #2

Originally posted by lutzman

Well, I'm packing up my bike and gear for another out-of-state Tri adventure. I'm flying tomorrow to Miami for an Oly distance race this coming Sunday. The races are fun, but man, the packing is a pain in the behind! All the gear plus the disassembly of the bike is just stress. The better news is after this race I'll be close to home for my next two races in June and July.

I'm hoping for a decent performance. My fitness is stronger than where I was for the Hawaii race several weeks ago and my weight is down. So, both those factors ought to help add speed. Weather looks iffy...major rain and thunderstorms in the forecast, so I'll hope for the best.

BTW--if you've ever wanted to do the Lavaman Triathlon on Kona, they will be opening registration for 2019 in the next couple of weeks. It will probably sell out in less than a month, so if you're interested, get your race entry in early. Its a fabulous place to tie in a Spring vacation in paradise with very fun race.

Have a great week everyone!

Steve

Have a safe trip Steve and have a great race!

2018-05-17 3:30 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Good luck this weekend Steve!
2018-05-19 7:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Nathalie - high five!

Janet, sounds like you had a great race and learned from it.

Steve - Hope your race is great.

Spent a day at a training camp put on by a coaching organization. Felt great in 59degree lake, I'm insulated, but otherwise not where I want to be. Glad I went, I'm usually a wuss when it comes to cold or drizzle and it rained and the wind blew and I was dressed for it and it was OK.

Thank you for your advice Steve.

Mitzi

2018-05-20 3:37 AM
in reply to: MuscleMomma

User image

, Kronobergs lan
Janet, good luck today! Looking forward to reading about your race!
New Thread
Other Resources 2018 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 24

RELATED POSTS

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3

Started by SrhJarvis
Views: 2301 Posts: 63

2018-04-22 5:12 AM B.K

sdalcher Beginning Tri Group - Open

Started by sdalcher
Views: 40 Posts: 4

2018-04-04 7:28 PM leatherneckpa

Baowolf's Life Balance Group.. (OPEN!) Pages: 1 2 3