BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2018-12-05 8:59 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED

Since this year was one health related issue after another, I decided to round out my year with some elective surgery. Get it all over with this year and have a good, good health year in 2019. That is the plan. I will be able to start training lightly in January if all goes well. Fingers crossed for "all goes well".

2018-12-05 9:12 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

Since this year was one health related issue after another, I decided to round out my year with some elective surgery. Get it all over with this year and have a good, good health year in 2019. That is the plan. I will be able to start training lightly in January if all goes well. Fingers crossed for "all goes well".

Fngers crossed! keep us posted!

2018-12-05 9:33 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by Hot Runner This morning's run--the rain changed to snow overnight! About six inches total on the ground.

A little weather related difference, no?

Chris - Short sleeves, green foliage, sunshine...ahhhh!!  It does my soul good.  Nice work on your TT effort.  Next year will be even better for you, I know it!

2018-12-05 9:34 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Fingers crossed!

2018-12-05 9:38 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Fingers crossed indeed!

2018-12-05 9:46 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Melon Presser

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hi to old uh I mean longtime friends and welcome to newer edition Manatees

Once a Manatee ...

Makes me truly joyful to see the Manatees as a group are still alive and well and as individuals (or at least recovering / taking care)

Happy holidays and many Manatee {MELON PRESSES} ... a group hug is a {MELON PILE}

2018-12-05 9:47 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Just wanted to pop my head in and say hi to old uh I mean longtime friends and welcome to newer edition Manatees

Once a Manatee ...

Makes me truly joyful to see the Manatees as a group are still alive and well and as individuals (or at least recovering / taking care)

Happy holidays and many Manatee {MELON PRESSES} ... a group hug is a {MELON PILE}

YANTI!!!! The reason I am a Manatee {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{[MELONPRESES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

2018-12-05 9:59 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Possible Manatee Meetup

December 2019 (probably December 5-7)

Ragnar Trail

Alafia River - Lithia, FL

https://www.runragnar.com/event-detail/trail/alafia_river_fl#overview

This will require 8 runners willing to run 15 miles over the course of the weekend.

• Set up camp on Thursday evening (December 5)
  • Running starts on Friday morning and ends on Saturday evening with campground closing at 7pm on Saturday

Why this event

• Many Manatees have a lot of 2019 planned already. This could be a fun late season/off season event
  • One year to get ready for anyone who does not have a run base and wants to run with us
  • Mountain biking available in the area for non runners who want to hang out with us
  • No van. I view this as a positive because all of us can hang out together rather than in Van 1 and Van 2!

What will it cost?

• It looks like RAGAR Trail races cost about $1200/team for early entrants.That works out to about $150/runner to register
  • Manatee shirts - we'll probably want to have team shirts made up for our Fabulous Photos.
  • Headlamp
  • We'll need camping gear and supplies as well. It looks like they have a Glamping option which might be worth looking into since many of us will be coming from out of town. Plus sometimes it's nice to press the Easy button. (Ragnar camping checklist)

Is anyone interested in this event?

2018-12-05 10:00 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Once a Manatee ...

Woo hoo!

YANTI IN DA HOUSE!

2018-12-05 10:12 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

December 1-2
Nancy - Jingle Jam 10K on Saturday
Jen Snyder - Tannenbaum 10k on Sunday
Chris - RBE Fall TT Series on Sunday

Is anyone else racing?

Thanks everyone. This was a small event put on by my LBS. It may happen again in the spring. I had improved through the first three earlier in the year, had a lee stellar result in the end of November and then this one which was an OK result. It was windy (which reduced attendance) and the course goes through a few areas where you really feel it. So, I was a tad bit slower, which sucked that this one was the hardest working one yet. I'm looking forward to the spring.

You had a much harder day for this than your fastest effort and were only a tad bit slower - sounds like you did wonderfully! Congrats!!

Now you can put your bike up for the long, cold winter ahead and wait for spring 

2018-12-05 10:14 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by juniperjen

Originally posted by JBacarella

Racing Manatees!!!

December 1-2
Nancy - Jingle Jam 10K on Saturday
Jen Snyder - Tannenbaum 10k on Sunday
Chris - RBE Fall TT Series on Sunday

Is anyone else racing?

Good Luck racers. Be swift.

Thanks! I had a good run all things considered. Expectations are very important and mine were low.

I was felled by a cold that turned into a sinus infection the previous week. So I hadn't run in the lead up to the race in at least a week. I also didn't train as much as i would have liked, or at least in the way i would have liked. Initially i had hoped to train for this as a run at a speedy time and get at least close to my pb time (48:44) - so it was not meant to be. 

Anyway, i decided yesterday just to push as hard as i could and see where it would land me. I am pretty impressed with my result of 54:13 - it was a mild day for Toronto. The ground was wet but overall good conditions.

I made a few rookie mistakes - like eating and drinking too much the night before at a neighbour holiday party and feeling the, ahem, digestive impacts. I was thinking about doing a number 2 for 2/3's of the race which really diminishes the enjoyment. I know better - but i still did it. Underestimating the 10k. Hrm. 

Congratulations, that's a really good time; especially considering your digestive issues. Or maybe because of them!?

2018-12-05 10:15 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner This morning's run--the rain changed to snow overnight! About six inches total on the ground.

A little weather related difference, no?

Chris braving the tough Florida winter!

2018-12-05 10:16 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Once a Manatee ...

Nice to see you stop by! Happy holidays to you too.

2018-12-05 10:18 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Possible Manatee Meetup

Ragnar Trail

This will require 8 runners willing to run 15 miles over the course of the weekend.

• Running starts on Friday morning and ends on Saturday evening with campground closing at 7pm on Saturday

Why this event

• Many Manatees have a lot of 2019 planned already. This could be a fun late season/off season event
  • One year to get ready for anyone who does not have a run base and wants to run with us
  • Mountain biking available in the area for non runners who want to hang out with us
  • No van. I view this as a positive because all of us can hang out together rather than in Van 1 and Van 2!

What will it cost?

• It looks like RAGAR Trail races cost about $1200/team for early entrants.That works out to about $150/runner to register
  • Manatee shirts - we'll probably want to have team shirts made up for our Fabulous Photos.
  • Headlamp
  • We'll need camping gear and supplies as well. It looks like they have a Glamping option which might be worth looking into since many of us will be coming from out of town. Plus sometimes it's nice to press the Easy button. (Ragnar camping checklist)

I did this one the first year they had it, it was a fun time despite the fact i had to bail after only 1 of my 4 (we had another person bail even earlier) runs b/c i destroyed my hamstring! 

I am interested in it, but have to give a qualifying interested b/c I may be on call in December.

2018-12-05 12:24 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Possible Manatee Meetup

Ragnar Trail

Why this event

What will it cost?

• Headlamp

I have a couple of people I know that are doing it this year, actually this weekend. If we fail to arrive at 8 people, I may be able to get a couple of like minded people. That said, I am 99% yes. Camping gear (small camper) will be a yes as well, given the fact I am an hour and a half away. Also, there is the very good chance that TW will be there to assist with all manner of campground needs.

Now, where are my running shoes?

2018-12-05 12:26 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Possible Manatee Meetup

Ragnar Trail

Why this event

What will it cost?

• Headlamp

I have a couple of people I know that are doing it this year, actually this weekend. If we fail to arrive at 8 people, I may be able to get a couple of like minded people. That said, I am 99% yes. Camping gear (small camper) will be a yes as well, given the fact I am an hour and a half away. Also, there is the very good chance that TW will be there to assist with all manner of campground needs.

Now, where are my running shoes?

Thanks Chris!

Ann-Marie, do let us know once you have your on-call schedule.

2018-12-05 1:16 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Possible Manatee Meetup

Ragnar Trail

Why this event

What will it cost?

• Headlamp

Possibly interested! Glamping!

2018-12-05 1:18 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by lisac957

Possible Manatee Meetup

Ragnar Trail

Why this event

What will it cost?

• Headlamp

Excellent!

2018-12-05 1:29 PM
in reply to: #5252295

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
??
I’m very interested!
2018-12-05 1:36 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner ?? I’m very interested!

Woo hoo!

2018-12-05 2:16 PM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
YANTI! Long time no see! Hope things are going well (or at least better) over there. We're planning to be in Australia (Melbourne area) in late February. Are you anywhere near there?

2018-12-05 2:53 PM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Once a Manatee ...

Hello, I hope married life is treating you well and you are treating you well as well.

2018-12-05 3:18 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by lisac957

Possible Manatee Meetup

Ragnar Trail

Why this event

What will it cost?

• Headlamp

well damn damn damn. That is the weekend I will be in DC. Otherwise that would be perfect.
2018-12-05 7:33 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by melbo55

Fingers crossed!

Yes indeed, we'll be thinking of you!

2018-12-06 9:23 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Once a Manatee ...

Yanti, dear, it's good to see you popping in for some MANATEE MELON PRESSES!!! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

BE the BALL Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by billeckert
Views: 13373 Posts: 180

2018-07-16 8:27 PM scottjjmtri99

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by k9car363
Views: 27015 Posts: 712

2019-09-01 11:54 AM Troyh36

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by SrhJarvis