BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2018-03-12 12:45 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED

Originally posted by jmkizer

Karl - I'm sorry that you were under the weather and that your heel has been bothering you. Take care!

Melanie - I'm glad that your great-nephew enjoyed the pool! Woo hoo!

Chris - How have you been doing? Seeing improvement in your calf or is it still acting up?

It seems to have improved since I've laid off the running. Hopefully i can get back on the trails this week. That will be the test.

2018-03-12 1:02 PM
in reply to: awm007

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by awm007 Hi Manatees! Just a quick POL post. A few things have conspired lately to limit my training: illness (cold, pink eye), vacation, work-life conflict, and probably most importantly just not having any races on the books. I'm thinking of signing up for a late spring sprint to provide some motivation to get back in the pool and on the bike. For those of you that have taken time away and then come back (e.g., having an off-season period with limited training or perhaps strength training), how have you gotten back into the swing of things? Hope everyone on here is doing well.

I've had forced times away which then make me think I want to get back to it as soon as I can. I have no trouble getting back into the run swing of things, but the bike and especially swim require that I sign up for a race, especially a long one. Fear is motivating.   

2018-03-12 1:04 PM
in reply to: awm007

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by awm007 Hi Manatees! Just a quick POL post. A few things have conspired lately to limit my training: illness (cold, pink eye), vacation, work-life conflict, and probably most importantly just not having any races on the books. I'm thinking of signing up for a late spring sprint to provide some motivation to get back in the pool and on the bike. For those of you that have taken time away and then come back (e.g., having an off-season period with limited training or perhaps strength training), how have you gotten back into the swing of things? Hope everyone on here is doing well.

Or, in Manatee speak DOOO EEEETTTT!!!!

2018-03-12 1:16 PM

User image

Master

I said Doooo Eeeeeet to a non-Manatee the other day.  They looked at me like I was a bit nutty. 

2018-03-12 1:19 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Originally posted by amd723

I've had forced times away which then make me think I want to get back to it as soon as I can. I have no trouble getting back into the run swing of things, but the bike and especially swim require that I sign up for a race, especially a long one. Fear is motivating.   

If I don't have a race, I am unlikely to swim or bike.  Not fear for me, cheapness. 

2018-03-12 1:20 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IronOx

I said Doooo Eeeeeet to a non-Manatee the other day.  They looked at me like I was a bit nutty. 

2018-03-12 1:23 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

If I don't have a race, I am unlikely to swim or bike.  Not fear for me, cheapness. 

So running is your favorite?

2018-03-12 1:27 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

My goodness! Stacey has added a bagillion races to her schedule! No other Manatees need to race the rest of 2018. She's got us covered!

P.S. I want to do the Stay Puft race!

Edited by jmkizer 2018-03-12 1:31 PM
2018-03-12 1:29 PM

User image

Master

No, not necessarily.  But I can put my shoes on, at home or work, and go run.  Swimming and biking require more thought, time, scheduling and discomfort. 

2018-03-12 1:30 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

No, not necessarily.  But I can put my shoes on, at home or work, and go run.  Swimming and biking require more thought, time, scheduling and discomfort. 

I generally like running the best in the winter and riding the best in the summer.

2018-03-12 1:32 PM

User image

Master

Can someone explain how, when I log in meters, my swim total is 

Swim:27h 28m 55s - 66724.99 M ???

I have not done any open water swims yet this year....

2018-03-12 1:40 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

My best guess is that BT converts everything to yards and stores it that way and you were shorted .01 meters in the conversion back to meters.

Out of curiosity, what does Strava/Garmin say?

2018-03-12 1:51 PM

User image

Master

My best guess is that BT converts everything to yards and stores it that way and you were shorted .01 meters in the conversion back to meters.

Out of curiosity, what does Strava/Garmin say?

Hmmm, probably right.  Can't compare to Strava/Garmin as I have added some swims manually.

2018-03-12 9:15 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by melbo55

Yesterday was the big day of my great-nephew's first swim lesson and he loved it!  I was so happy and so proud of him, we both had fun.  I think he's looking forward to going again next week.

That's great
2018-03-12 9:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

My goodness! Stacey has added a bagillion races to her schedule! No other Manatees need to race the rest of 2018. She's got us covered!

Its only one a month (or around that)

When I was putting the calendar together it made me think a lot of Steve who used to race every opportunity he could. I can afford to do every weekend but I thought once a month was good to keep motivated.

Edited by StaceyK 2018-03-12 9:50 PM
2018-03-12 9:27 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

That makes no sense at all. I log in meters too and don't seem to have a problem. Is it wrong in Garmin too? I have my Garmin auto sync to BT and it comes through fine then I just add some details to my BT log.

2018-03-12 9:32 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master

Originally posted by StaceyK

That makes no sense at all. I log in meters too and don't seem to have a problem. Is it wrong in Garmin too? I have my Garmin auto sync to BT and it comes through fine then I just add some details to my BT log.

Yes, I do the same thing....interesting....  I honestly don't really care and just noticed it today for some reason, but thought it was strange.

2018-03-13 5:28 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

LOL I love the bagillion and am going to find a way to use that word today!
2018-03-13 5:32 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Expert
Illinois
At last weekend's race, I won a pair of gloves in a drawing. They turned out to be really good riding gloves and come in wild and crazy colors. Thought I would share with the Manatees. Here's a link to the website
https://handupgloves.com/gloves/
2018-03-13 7:00 AM

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina

I generally like running the best in the winter and riding the best in the summer.

Same here. The first minute or so in the pool on a cold January day is the worst. Also, love the manatee shirts!
2018-03-13 7:17 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK

The conversion of 0 meters of swimming to 0 yards of swimming isn't that tough though

2018-03-13 7:18 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by abake At last weekend's race, I won a pair of gloves in a drawing. They turned out to be really good riding gloves and come in wild and crazy colors. Thought I would share with the Manatees. Here's a link to the website https://handupgloves.com/gloves/

Nice!

2018-03-13 7:25 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

As some of you know, I belong to the local tri club. It's a pretty large group and fairly active and we have a Strava group, etc. Anyway, I met a team mate through the Strava group and low and behold, he swims at the same Y that I do and we are often in adjoining lanes. In fact, I ran into him this morning while doing strengths stuff. Anyway, Chris C. and I usually chat for a minute and give kudos on Strava.

Chris C. had a rough weekend. On Saturday he did a trainer ride and his tire shredded itself and then on Sunday he ran on the indoor track at the Y and it posted some squiggly thing on Strava. We were making fun of his artwork (as an side, 15 laps per mile! ugh!)

Fast forward to yesterday and who should post on Chris C.'s lovely artwork? NATE!  Yes, Manatee Nate! N8.

(Who didn't post on Chris C's was Adam, who is also in our tri club!)

2018-03-13 8:32 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

As some of you know, I belong to the local tri club. It's a pretty large group and fairly active and we have a Strava group, etc. Anyway, I met a team mate through the Strava group and low and behold, he swims at the same Y that I do and we are often in adjoining lanes. In fact, I ran into him this morning while doing strengths stuff. Anyway, Chris C. and I usually chat for a minute and give kudos on Strava.

Chris C. had a rough weekend. On Saturday he did a trainer ride and his tire shredded itself and then on Sunday he ran on the indoor track at the Y and it posted some squiggly thing on Strava. We were making fun of his artwork (as an side, 15 laps per mile! ugh!)

Fast forward to yesterday and who should post on Chris C.'s lovely artwork? NATE!  Yes, Manatee Nate! N8.

(Who didn't post on Chris C's was Adam, who is also in our tri club!)

It really is a small world!  And that really is an interesting track - I think he should be challenged to replicate it!

2018-03-13 8:33 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by abake At last weekend's race, I won a pair of gloves in a drawing. They turned out to be really good riding gloves and come in wild and crazy colors. Thought I would share with the Manatees. Here's a link to the website https://handupgloves.com/gloves/

Cool gloves! 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

BE the BALL Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by billeckert
Views: 13211 Posts: 180

2018-07-16 8:27 PM scottjjmtri99

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by k9car363
Views: 26755 Posts: 712

2019-09-01 11:54 AM Troyh36

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by SrhJarvis