BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2018-03-14 10:20 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED
OMG Kirsten! GREAT LIST!

2018-03-14 10:35 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by jmkizer

Looking for the DOOO EEETTT!!!! origin post between meetings.

I think that I may have found the Hands origin post in the process!

The first time that I was the phrase used was by Yanti in the April 2012 thread. I'm not sure if that's the origin post or not but it's the closest that I could find and it certainly seems like 2012 was the year that the Manatees really embraced the phrase

dooooo eeeeeeettttttt.....

Dooooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt 

doooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt

DOOOO EEEEEEET

DOOOO EEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT

2018-03-14 12:00 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Originally posted by JBacarella

A question for the group.
After swimming are you 1) famished and 2) sleepy?
It seems like when I swim, as soon as I get out of the water, I cannot eat enough. Then that night, I am falling asleep at 8:00 PM and cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open. There may be those close by who also mention that I snore like a grizzly bear that night. I myself have never heard it, so I am skeptical. Haha.

Definitely have the same symptoms although I find the more I swim the less starving and exhausted I feel. I'm still (and probably always will be) more of a dog than a dolphin in the pool, but when I'm swimming 3x/week it starts getting easier and less painful! How often are you swimming?
2018-03-14 1:30 PM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Expert
Originally posted by TXTriRook

It seems like when I swim, as soon as I get out of the water, I cannot eat enough. Then that night, I am falling asleep at 8:00 PM and cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open. There may be those close by who also mention that I snore like a grizzly bear that night. I myself have never heard it, so I am skeptical. Haha.

Definitely have the same symptoms although I find the more I swim the less starving and exhausted I feel. I'm still (and probably always will be) more of a dog than a dolphin in the pool, but when I'm swimming 3x/week it starts getting easier and less painful! How often are you swimming?

I don't have a public pool easily available, so I only get to swim when I work in Bay City (1.5 hours away). I turns out to be about once a month. I attached a picture of my normal swimming pool. It's kind of tough to swim there this time of year.

(Lake.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Lake.JPG (154KB - 4 downloads)
2018-03-14 1:36 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master

Originally posted by melbo55

Originally posted by JBacarella A question for the group. After swimming are you 1) famished and 2) sleepy? It seems like when I swim, as soon as I get out of the water, I cannot eat enough. Then that night, I am falling asleep at 8:00 PM and cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open. There may be those close by who also mention that I snore like a grizzly bear that night. I myself have never heard it, so I am skeptical. Haha.

Famished?  Yup.  Usually ready to gnaw my own arm off.  Sleepy?  Hard to say if it's the actual swimming or the fact that I get up at 4:30 am to do so   Snore like a grizzly bear?  Can't be true if you never heard it! 

^^^^ Same.

2018-03-14 1:37 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk OMG Kirsten! GREAT LIST!

Oh, I can't take credit for it.  I just finally found it again.  It was Chris that put it together for us several years ago.

2018-03-14 1:46 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

That's one good looking swimming pool! Lane ropes look a little sharp though
2018-03-14 2:27 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by TXTriRook
Originally posted by JBacarella A question for the group. After swimming are you 1) famished and 2) sleepy? It seems like when I swim, as soon as I get out of the water, I cannot eat enough. Then that night, I am falling asleep at 8:00 PM and cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open. There may be those close by who also mention that I snore like a grizzly bear that night. I myself have never heard it, so I am skeptical. Haha.
I don't have a public pool easily available, so I only get to swim when I work in Bay City (1.5 hours away). I turns out to be about once a month. I attached a picture of my normal swimming pool. It's kind of tough to swim there this time of year.

Wow!! Can't imagine why you aren't swimming outside!

2018-03-14 2:28 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Looking for the DOOO EEETTT!!!! origin post between meetings.

I think that I may have found the Hands origin post in the process!

haha, i remember that post.  Just about every fall I go through the same machinations wondering whether I should ride the Horrible Hundred!

2018-03-14 2:52 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
MY kids are much braver than I am they have all done the Polar Bear Plunge the first weekend of February. This is a picture of my oldest two.

(polar bear swim.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
polar bear swim.jpg (34KB - 5 downloads)
2018-03-14 4:34 PM
in reply to: johnthecat

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by johnthecat

So since symptoms have been staying mostly in check with the training load (Allergies tend to flare things up on occasion) I registered for my first Tri for this year on April 14th. It's a super sprint (200m/8mi/2mi) so I'm not too worried about it other than potential cold water temps (ever since my sickness my body doesn't regulate well with cold) and the fact that I haven't logged a swim yet this year

In the spirit of not having spent enough money on Triathlon this year and in a continuous effort to raise more awareness for GBS and CIDP I updated my Trisuit design and ordered a new one.
Glad you're ready to race again and love the kit - especially the turtle

2018-03-14 4:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

As Janyne pointed out I haven't swum for some time ?? but always starving afterward - like double the size of breakfast starving. Not really tired but I would often end up with a migraine on the days when I swam.
2018-03-14 4:42 PM

User image

Jacksonville, Florida

MY kids are much braver than I am they have all done the Polar Bear Plunge the first weekend of February. This is a picture of my oldest two.
There's a "polar" plunge in the Atlantic here every year early in the morning of New Year's Day. The water temp is usually only in the mid-50s, but that qualifies as polar for Floridians. I did it a couple times years ago and found it to be a super fast way to sharpen any senses that had been dulled on NYE.
2018-03-14 5:19 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK
As Janyne pointed out I haven't swum for some time ?? but always starving afterward - like double the size of breakfast starving. Not really tired but I would often end up with a migraine on the days when I swam.

We should be hobbits! Second breakfast!!!!

2018-03-14 6:07 PM

User image

Jacksonville, Florida

I often partake in Elevensies.
2018-03-14 6:17 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

i love 2d breakfast!

2018-03-14 8:06 PM

User image

Expert
Originally posted by amd723

i love 2d breakfast!

There is no such thing as too much breakfast. Kind of like too much chocolate, a fiction made up by the US Fruit Company.
2018-03-14 8:08 PM
in reply to: kbhanson3

User image

Expert
Originally posted by kbhanson3

There's a "polar" plunge in the Atlantic here every year early in the morning of New Year's Day. The water temp is usually only in the mid-50s, but that qualifies as polar for Floridians. I did it a couple times years ago and found it to be a super fast way to sharpen any senses that had been dulled on NYE.

HAHA. I start swimming when the water temp hits 50 in the end of May beginning of June.
2018-03-15 4:26 AM

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by JBacarellaMY kids are much braver than I am they have all done the Polar Bear Plunge the first weekend of February. This is a picture of my oldest two.
HAHA. I start swimming when the water temp hits 50 in the end of May beginning of June.
I don’t understand that number!
2018-03-15 10:02 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

POL post.

I am alive. That is good. I am STILL sick and the doc has no clue why. Not allergy, not flu, not cold, not infection. Hopefully this will all go away by itself. Meantime, I just get tired. Poor me, whine, whine, , moan. It could be worse. as in below.

I did get an IRUN4 buddy. She is a 5 year old who had a "stroke" in the womb so has some pretty bad developmental issues. They just found out this weekend that she is not expected to live more than a couple of years. I will be dedicating my miles to her. Now I just need to get some. Today will be some easy T.I.T.S. before going to cook dinner for my friend who is laid up from surgery. This weekend there is a fun ride in Asheville. The ride of the Irish. Hubbie is going to do it, my hands are not ready for biking on hills. I am going to volunteer. Gotta get a bunch of green to wear.

2018-03-15 10:03 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by amd723
Originally posted by JBacarellaMY kids are much braver than I am they have all done the Polar Bear Plunge the first weekend of February. This is a picture of my oldest two.
I don’t understand that number!
Me either!!

I used to do the polar plunge here in town every New Years. I retired from doing it now that it is a big enough event. Now my polar plunge is in the hot tub.

2018-03-15 10:24 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by IronOx

Oh, I can't take credit for it.  I just finally found it again.  It was Chris that put it together for us several years ago.

I'm starting a google doc. Message me if you want access
2018-03-15 10:28 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh

POL post.

I am alive. That is good. I am STILL sick and the doc has no clue why. Not allergy, not flu, not cold, not infection. Hopefully this will all go away by itself. Meantime, I just get tired. Poor me, whine, whine, , moan. It could be worse. as in below.

I did get an IRUN4 buddy. She is a 5 year old who had a "stroke" in the womb so has some pretty bad developmental issues. They just found out this weekend that she is not expected to live more than a couple of years. I will be dedicating my miles to her. Now I just need to get some. Today will be some easy T.I.T.S. before going to cook dinner for my friend who is laid up from surgery. This weekend there is a fun ride in Asheville. The ride of the Irish. Hubbie is going to do it, my hands are not ready for biking on hills. I am going to volunteer. Gotta get a bunch of green to wear.

Is T.I.T.S. on our Manatee language sheet?

T.I.T.S. = Time In The Saddle

2018-03-15 10:29 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Originally posted by ceilidh

POL post.

Is T.I.T.S. on our Manatee language sheet?

T.I.T.S. = Time In The Saddle

yep
2018-03-15 10:31 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by IronOx

I'm starting a google doc. Message me if you want access

I think that Chris probably still has the Doc.

As a matter a fact, here it is!

ETA: And yes, is listed.

Edited by jmkizer 2018-03-15 10:31 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

BE the BALL Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by billeckert
Views: 13358 Posts: 180

2018-07-16 8:27 PM scottjjmtri99

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by k9car363
Views: 26988 Posts: 712

2019-09-01 11:54 AM Troyh36

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by SrhJarvis