BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2018-03-15 10:45 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED
HEH! Cool

2018-03-16 8:52 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by ceilidh

POL post.

I am alive. That is good. I am STILL sick and the doc has no clue why. Not allergy, not flu, not cold, not infection. Hopefully this will all go away by itself. Meantime, I just get tired. Poor me, whine, whine, , moan. It could be worse. as in below.

I did get an IRUN4 buddy. She is a 5 year old who had a "stroke" in the womb so has some pretty bad developmental issues. They just found out this weekend that she is not expected to live more than a couple of years. I will be dedicating my miles to her. Now I just need to get some. Today will be some easy T.I.T.S. before going to cook dinner for my friend who is laid up from surgery. This weekend there is a fun ride in Asheville. The ride of the Irish. Hubbie is going to do it, my hands are not ready for biking on hills. I am going to volunteer. Gotta get a bunch of green to wear.

Glad to hear you are alive, sad to hear you are still sick and the cause seems to be elusive.  Hoping it goes away soon, please take care.  

And your run buddy...oh, so sad.  Why does crappy stuff have to happen to little kids?  Well, anybody, but it's especially sad when little ones are afflicted.  Good on you for doing what you do.

2018-03-16 9:19 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

POL post.

I am alive. That is good. I am STILL sick and the doc has no clue why. Not allergy, not flu, not cold, not infection. Hopefully this will all go away by itself. Meantime, I just get tired. Poor me, whine, whine, , moan. It could be worse. as in below.

I did get an IRUN4 buddy. She is a 5 year old who had a "stroke" in the womb so has some pretty bad developmental issues. They just found out this weekend that she is not expected to live more than a couple of years. I will be dedicating my miles to her. Now I just need to get some. Today will be some easy T.I.T.S. before going to cook dinner for my friend who is laid up from surgery. This weekend there is a fun ride in Asheville. The ride of the Irish. Hubbie is going to do it, my hands are not ready for biking on hills. I am going to volunteer. Gotta get a bunch of green to wear.

sorry you are not feeling well. How frustrating to not know what is causing it. So great of you to get a run buddy, but how sad for the child’s family to know they only have a few more years with her. It makes you realize your ( not you personally!) problems are small.

2018-03-16 10:44 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Anyone else racing this weekend?

I've got a little marathon to run on Sunday  

2018-03-16 12:01 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

March 17-18
Lisa - Georgia Marathon  on Sunday
Stacey - Bleating Kid Trail 12k on Sunday

Is anyone else racing?

Disabled List
Chris - calf
Robin P - under the weather

2018-03-16 12:47 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

March 17-18
Lisa - Georgia Marathon  on Sunday
Stacey - Bleating Kid Trail 12k on Sunday

Is anyone else racing?

Disabled List
Chris - calf
Robin P - under the weather

Race well Lisa and Stacey!! Heal up Chris, feel better Robin P!

2018-03-16 4:33 PM

User image

Seattle

Hello everyone! It's been approximately one eternity since I've popped in. I was thinking of y'all and just thought I'd say hi!

For the most part it's same ol' same ol' with me. Running lots, drinking beers, eating too much cereal. What else is there?

I am, however, about to take a 6 month sabbatical from work (last day, May 11.) I'm trying to to over-plan but do have two firm(ish) things. The first is living on an organic farm on Maui for a month(ish) beginning May 14 and the second is running around Mont Blanc (but taking our time, not racing) in July. 

Anyhoo, hope all is well everyone and everyone I don't "know" hi, my name is Adrienne and used to be a more active member of the group. I'm a triathlon dropout and mostly just run. The best way to keep track of me is Insta https://www.instagram.com/asalzwed/ 

Have a great weekend all and happy racing/training. 

2018-03-16 6:17 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Hello everyone! It's been approximately one eternity since I've popped in. I was thinking of y'all and just thought I'd say hi!

For the most part it's same ol' same ol' with me. Running lots, drinking beers, eating too much cereal. What else is there?

I am, however, about to take a 6 month sabbatical from work (last day, May 11.) I'm trying to to over-plan but do have two firm(ish) things. The first is living on an organic farm on Maui for a month(ish) beginning May 14 and the second is running around Mont Blanc (but taking our time, not racing) in July. 

Anyhoo, hope all is well everyone and everyone I don't "know" hi, my name is Adrienne and used to be a more active member of the group. I'm a triathlon dropout and mostly just run. The best way to keep track of me is Insta https://www.instagram.com/asalzwed/ 

Great hearing from you, Salty! I love hearing about your adventures. I hope that you're able to check in again soon!

2018-03-16 6:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Anyhoo, hope all is well everyone and everyone I don't "know" hi, my name is Adrienne and used to be a more active member of the group. I'm a triathlon dropout and mostly just run. The best way to keep track of me is Insta https://www.instagram.com/asalzwed/ )

Great to see you Salty. I was thinking of you the other day when the list of Yanti's nicknames was posted.
2018-03-16 6:30 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Welcome to the weekend everyone
2018-03-16 7:08 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Great hearing from you, Salty! I love hearing about your adventures. I hope that you're able to check in again soon!

what she said!

2018-03-17 7:36 AM

User image

Jacksonville, Florida

Anyhoo, hope all is well everyone and everyone I don't "know" hi, my name is Adrienne and used to be a more active member of the group. I'm a triathlon dropout and mostly just run. The best way to keep track of me is Insta https://www.instagram.com/asalzwed/ )

From one beer lover to another: Mont Blanc Blanche. Spent a couple of weeks in Annecy (with a side trip to Chamonix) a few years back and MBB was a perfect post-hike refreshment.
2018-03-18 7:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Another great trail run today. The hills were crazy - 500m of elevation gain over a little less than 8k. It was not at all easy but I still loved it.

You know the descents are serious when they add ropes to help you get down

Edited by StaceyK 2018-03-18 8:20 PM

(Bleating Kid 2.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Bleating Kid 2.JPG (40KB - 5 downloads)
2018-03-19 8:34 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

That looks fun, Stacey! Ropes mean serious business!

I had a blast at the marathon yesterday... managed some hills myself (elevation chart is in my blog but I can't get it to upload to the race report) and executed nutrition well. Medjool dates have become my new go-to nutrition, I can't believe how well my body responds to them! Mm mm and they taste awesome!

Race report here if anyone is interested!

2018-03-19 8:49 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Happy birthday, Randee!!!

2018-03-19 8:55 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Happy birthday!!

2018-03-19 9:55 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by amd723

Happy birthday!!

Thanks kids!

New AG! LOOKOUT! lol
2018-03-19 5:22 PM
in reply to: #5232372

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
This weekend I learned how amAzing the lacrosse ball is for hamstrings & hamstring/ITB adhesions.

That is all. You may all carry on with your day.
2018-03-19 7:20 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Originally posted by JBacarella

A question for the group.
After swimming are you 1) famished and 2) sleepy?
It seems like when I swim, as soon as I get out of the water, I cannot eat enough. Then that night, I am falling asleep at 8:00 PM and cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open. There may be those close by who also mention that I snore like a grizzly bear that night. I myself have never heard it, so I am skeptical. Haha.

I swam for the first time in 6 months this past Saturday. Was a whopping 1000 yards and I was STARVING ALL DAY, like wanted to eat my own arm hungry. After 3 hours on the bike, not hungry. Run 20 miles, not hungry. 20 minutes in the pool...Get me to IHOP, stat!

I'm always sleepy by 8:00 and usually in bed by 8:30, swim day, run day, bike day, or chill on the sofa day.

Edited by glfprncs 2018-03-19 7:21 PM
2018-03-19 9:33 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Originally posted by JBacarella

A question for the group.
After swimming are you 1) famished and 2) sleepy?
It seems like when I swim, as soon as I get out of the water, I cannot eat enough. Then that night, I am falling asleep at 8:00 PM and cannot for the life of me keep my eyes open. There may be those close by who also mention that I snore like a grizzly bear that night. I myself have never heard it, so I am skeptical. Haha.

I crave carbonation after a swim. Sometimes I reach for a Diet Pepsi, but most of the time I grab a Pellegrino or La Croix. I have to have a carbonated drink.

I've learned to never go grocery shopping after a swim. Not sure why, but donuts jump into my cart. (King Soopers has the best chocolate covered cinnamon rolls and chocolate donuts. A friend told me). I also hate walking out of Lifetime Fitness after a swim as there are several restaurants near by and all I can smell is the hamburgers.

My favorite thing to do after a swim is a 20 minute run or bike so I can sweat the chlorine from my skin. Steam room or sauna works for this as well. Then I don't have to listen to, "Miss, why does it smell like a swimming pool in here?" from my students.

2018-03-19 11:55 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Ditto for famished and sleepy. One reason of many reasons I hate swimming in the morning before work. Famished and sleepy is awesome if the next thing on the agenda is to go home, eat dinner, and kick back for the evening. Not so much if it's eight to ten hours of riding herd on the kiddos at school.

Very glad I have a meal delivery service so I can just go home, pop dinner in the microwave, and chow down. It doesn't always keep me from temptation, though, in healthy (organic smoothie place) or less healthy (Baskin Robbins) forms.

2018-03-20 4:27 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by glfprncsThis weekend I learned how amAzing the lacrosse ball is for hamstrings & hamstring/ITB adhesions. That is all. You may all carry on with your day.
They hurt so good!
2018-03-20 5:04 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Jacksonville, Florida
Originally posted by lisac957

That looks fun, Stacey! Ropes mean serious business!

I had a blast at the marathon yesterday... managed some hills myself (elevation chart is in my blog but I can't get it to upload to the race report) and executed nutrition well. Medjool dates have become my new go-to nutrition, I can't believe how well my body responds to them! Mm mm and they taste awesome!

Race report here if anyone is interested!

Congratulations!
2018-03-20 8:49 AM

User image

Cypress, Texas
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by glfprncsThis weekend I learned how amAzing the lacrosse ball is for hamstrings & hamstring/ITB adhesions. That is all. You may all carry on with your day.
They hurt so good!

I have one in my car, in my backpack for work and in multiple places around the house. I don't take any trips without one
2018-03-20 10:37 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally posted by fortissimo

• I've learned to never go grocery shopping after a swim. Not sure why, but donuts jump into my cart. (King Soopers has the best chocolate covered cinnamon rolls and chocolate donuts. A friend told me). I also hate walking out of Lifetime Fitness after a swim as there are several restaurants near by and all I can smell is the hamburgers.

• I lived in Denver for 2 years - I still miss King Soopers. The one near me didn't have doors, which seemed crazy for Colorado in the winter. Fortunately, Publix is moving into the Raleigh area and their bakery is top notch.

Still working up to my first swim since last summer. I thought about doing it today but opted for the treadmill.
    New Thread
    BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

BE the BALL Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by billeckert
    Views: 13221 Posts: 180

2018-07-16 8:27 PM scottjjmtri99

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by k9car363
    Views: 26777 Posts: 712

2019-09-01 11:54 AM Troyh36

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by SrhJarvis