BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2018-11-09 1:03 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by Atlantia Just got back from a few lovely days in Pensacola visiting family. Got in one cruiser bike ride and a walk/run with my parents. Ate tons of great food, and bought several pounds of pecans from Renfroe's. Visited with both my grandmas. They're so sweet, funny, and light up the room. Both are doing pretty poorly, healthwise, so I'm really glad I got some in person visiting time with them. My tiny grandma (she's not even 4'9" is back in the hospital as of last night with a bowel blockage. Good thoughts and prayers would be very much appreciated. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sending healthy Gramma ju ju

x2

2018-11-09 1:04 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

November 10-11
Jen S - Raid the Hammer Half Raid Adventure Run on Sunday

November 15 Robin's birthday

Is anyone else racing?

Go Jen!

2018-11-09 4:32 PM
in reply to: TXTriRook

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member

Hey everyone, Happy Friday! "Six hours plus is still a really long time on a bike and can't imagine what a full marathon afterward" is the same issue I have with signing up for a full. What is the longest you rode/ran?

My longest ride was about six hours (three or four times), close to IM distance but not quite. Longest run was 3 hours. I've done several in the 2:45-3 hour range. But my coach doesn't believe in really long bricks. I haven't run more than about an hour off the bike. I have done what she calls "triples" several times--IM length swim and bike on Saturday and then an 18-20 mile run on Sunday morning. But have to pull it off now without a 10-hour nap in the middle!
2018-11-09 10:40 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Originally posted by rrrunner

Anyone in the group familiar with Memphis?

Nashville is more fun. Bass pro shops in the glass pyramid is worth going to. Grace mansion too.
BTW. I'm still alive. Didn't feel like it earlier this week, had some type of crud. Head, chest throat fever, etc

Edited by JBacarella 2018-11-09 10:42 PM
2018-11-12 6:47 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Hot Runner
Hey everyone, Happy Friday! "Six hours plus is still a really long time on a bike and can't imagine what a full marathon afterward" is the same issue I have with signing up for a full. What is the longest you rode/ran?
My longest ride was about six hours (three or four times), close to IM distance but not quite. Longest run was 3 hours. I've done several in the 2:45-3 hour range. But my coach doesn't believe in really long bricks. I haven't run more than about an hour off the bike. I have done what she calls "triples" several times--IM length swim and bike on Saturday and then an 18-20 mile run on Sunday morning. But have to pull it off now without a 10-hour nap in the middle!

You are an animal, you will be great.

2018-11-12 7:26 AM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Atlantia Just got back from a few lovely days in Pensacola visiting family. Got in one cruiser bike ride and a walk/run with my parents. Ate tons of great food, and bought several pounds of pecans from Renfroe's. Visited with both my grandmas. They're so sweet, funny, and light up the room. Both are doing pretty poorly, healthwise, so I'm really glad I got some in person visiting time with them. My tiny grandma (she's not even 4'9" is back in the hospital as of last night with a bowel blockage. Good thoughts and prayers would be very much appreciated. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thoughts for your grandmas -- both of them but especially Tiny.

2018-11-12 7:27 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella

Nashville is more fun. Bass pro shops in the glass pyramid is worth going to. Grace mansion too. BTW. I'm still alive. Didn't feel like it earlier this week, had some type of crud. Head, chest throat fever, etc

Thanks for the Proof of Life post! Take care!

I know nothing about Memphis or Nashville. Sorry!

2018-11-12 7:28 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by Hot Runner

You are an animal, you will be great.

Safe travels!

Edited in attempt to correct formatting issues.

Edited by jmkizer 2018-11-12 7:29 AM
2018-11-12 8:28 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Nashville is more fun. Bass pro shops in the glass pyramid is worth going to. Grace mansion too. BTW. I'm still alive. Didn't feel like it earlier this week, had some type of crud. Head, chest throat fever, etc

Nashville is nice, but downtown does not have much in the way of vegetarian food options Lots of BBQ and honky tonk places though!

2018-11-12 9:44 AM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

Pennsylvania

Aww, sorry about your tiny grandma.  Sending her many good thoughts.  It's so wonderful you were able to spend some time with your older relatives.  Cherish the talks, the moments, the times.  The knowledge and experiences of that generation is slowly getting lost.

2018-11-12 1:50 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Expert
Originally posted by amd723

Nashville is nice, but downtown does not have much in the way of vegetarian food options Lots of BBQ and honky tonk places though!

I know, right, it's great!

2018-11-12 2:02 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Orlando

I know, right, it's great!

i did like it, though I was a little hungry

2018-11-14 4:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Anyone else having trouble getting their Garmin to sync today?

It says it is and it is picking up my steps and calories but not my actual run. I've tried turning my watch off, and my phone off, but with no success.
2018-11-15 7:54 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by StaceyK Anyone else having trouble getting their Garmin to sync today? It says it is and it is picking up my steps and calories but not my actual run. I've tried turning my watch off, and my phone off, but with no success.

There was new software for mine today, maybe that is the problem?

2018-11-15 7:58 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by StaceyK Anyone else having trouble getting their Garmin to sync today? It says it is and it is picking up my steps and calories but not my actual run. I've tried turning my watch off, and my phone off, but with no success.

I didn't have any issues.

2018-11-15 8:33 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I've been having data problems with Garmin all week. Specifically, the TrueUp feature which is supposed to add steps from multiple devices. I'm weird so this is what I do.

• Vivosmart 3 is my regular step tracking day watch. I charge it when I run.
  • Wake up and walk Zoe using Vivosmart 3.
  • Put Vivosmart 3 on charger and don 920XT for my run. Go running. Turn on activity tracking and walk home.
  • Put 920XT on charger and put Vivosmart 3 on wrist.

Normally, steps from Zoe's walk and steps from cool down walk both sync to Garmin Connect and to my Vivosmart 3. Since Monday, it's been syncing to GC but NOT to my watch. This is annoying.

So yes, I think that Garmin changed something.

2018-11-15 9:51 AM

User image

Fairfax, VA
Bronze member

I've been having data problems with Garmin all week. Specifically, the TrueUp feature which is supposed to add steps from multiple devices. I'm weird so this is what I do.

• Put Vivosmart 3 on charger and don 920XT for my run. Go running. Turn on activity tracking and walk home.

Normally, steps from Zoe's walk and steps from cool down walk both sync to Garmin Connect and to my Vivosmart 3. Since Monday, it's been syncing to GC but NOT to my watch. This is annoying.

My routine is basically the same using Vivosmart for everyday and Garmin 935 for training.  Everything usually syncs together, though recently my dog walks using Vivosmart are duplicated in Garmin Connect.  They show up once as "walk" and once as "other" and I'll have to delete one.  If I don't use both devices during that day, it seems to work fine and uploads only the once.  This also just started happening this week.

2018-11-15 10:27 AM
in reply to: jenstewey

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jenstewey

My routine is basically the same using Vivosmart for everyday and Garmin 935 for training.  Everything usually syncs together, though recently my dog walks using Vivosmart are duplicated in Garmin Connect.  They show up once as "walk" and once as "other" and I'll have to delete one.  If I don't use both devices during that day, it seems to work fine and uploads only the once.  This also just started happening this week.

Guess I'm happy I don't sync anything but my 920 (or 520 if using my bike)!

2018-11-16 6:02 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I am here in Langkawi, Malaysia; Andreas (bike) apparently is unscathed as well and is now resting comfortably in transition for the night. Swim course is beautiful; bike course (what I saw of it) looks hot, at times hilly, and has plenty of monkeys. Run course looks flat and hot! I guess the only saving grace is if I'm slower on the bike I get to do more of the run in the dark! OMG send good IM juju my way! #1062.

For those who are old enough, I think "Gilligan's Island" was based on Langkawi. Dead ringer for the location; the planes come in really low overhead (hotel is near the airport runway, as is the finish line) and I keep expecting the little guy to run out and yell, "De plane! De plane!"
2018-11-16 7:48 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Originally posted by Hot RunnerI am here in Langkawi, Malaysia; Andreas (bike) apparently is unscathed as well and is now resting comfortably in transition for the night. Swim course is beautiful; bike course (what I saw of it) looks hot, at times hilly, and has plenty of monkeys. Run course looks flat and hot! I guess the only saving grace is if I'm slower on the bike I get to do more of the run in the dark! OMG send good IM juju my way! #1062.For those who are old enough, I think "Gilligan's Island" was based on Langkawi. Dead ringer for the location; the planes come in really low overhead (hotel is near the airport runway, as is the finish line) and I keep expecting the little guy to run out and yell, "De plane! De plane!"
sending all sorts of IM good juju. I hope the monkeys stay away, too.
2018-11-16 8:13 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by Hot Runner I am here in Langkawi, Malaysia; Andreas (bike) apparently is unscathed as well and is now resting comfortably in transition for the night. Swim course is beautiful; bike course (what I saw of it) looks hot, at times hilly, and has plenty of monkeys. Run course looks flat and hot! I guess the only saving grace is if I'm slower on the bike I get to do more of the run in the dark! OMG send good IM juju my way! #1062. For those who are old enough, I think "Gilligan's Island" was based on Langkawi. Dead ringer for the location; the planes come in really low overhead (hotel is near the airport runway, as is the finish line) and I keep expecting the little guy to run out and yell, "De plane! De plane!"

Have a great race!

Sending good vibes your way!

2018-11-16 8:18 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by Hot Runner I am here in Langkawi, Malaysia; Andreas (bike) apparently is unscathed as well and is now resting comfortably in transition for the night. Swim course is beautiful; bike course (what I saw of it) looks hot, at times hilly, and has plenty of monkeys. Run course looks flat and hot! I guess the only saving grace is if I'm slower on the bike I get to do more of the run in the dark! OMG send good IM juju my way! #1062. For those who are old enough, I think "Gilligan's Island" was based on Langkawi. Dead ringer for the location; the planes come in really low overhead (hotel is near the airport runway, as is the finish line) and I keep expecting the little guy to run out and yell, "De plane! De plane!"

You are going to have a great race even without us sending good juju way - but we are! 

2018-11-16 8:55 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Monkeys!  Eeek!  Glad you made it there safely - have a great race.  Here's hoping the monkeys and heat stay away!

2018-11-16 9:54 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!!!

November 17-18
Karen - Ironman Malaysia on Saturday (stalk her online or via the Ironman App, #1062)

Is anyone else racing?

Who’s planning to Turkey Trot next week? So far I have me and Laura Y.

2018-11-16 9:58 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Racing Manatees!!!

November 17-18
Karen - Ironman Malaysia on Saturday (stalk her online or via the Ironman App, #1062)

Is anyone else racing?

Who’s planning to Turkey Trot next week? So far I have me and Laura Y.

I am doing one on my own. We are camping with a bunch of friends down in eastern NC. I will need to get up and run/walk to counteract the food and fun.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2018 Edition Now CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

BE the BALL Group - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by billeckert
Views: 13397 Posts: 180

2018-07-16 8:27 PM scottjjmtri99

Gray Guys/Girls Maturing Triathlete - Always OPEN Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by k9car363
Views: 27050 Posts: 712

2019-09-01 11:54 AM Troyh36

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by SrhJarvis