BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 6 (Beginner - Sprints, 5K, 10K) - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2017-12-10 6:59 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Todd's Tri Turtles 6 (Beginner - Sprints, 5K, 10K) - OPEN
GROUP FOCUS: Sprints, 5K, 10K, this group will be geared more towards those with limited to no experience to get you through your Sprint, 5K, 10K, group bike ride, or whatever challenge you issue to yourself. In case you are wondering "Turtles" has to do with moving at whatever pace is necessary to accomplish the goals that are set. Speed is not an issue in this group, if you have it great, if you don't have it great, it makes no difference.

NAME: Hunting Triathlete / Todd

STORY: I'm a 40-44 age grouper (42) who tends to finish middle of the pack. I took up triathlon in January of 2010 as a way to help me quit smoking. I smoked a pack a day from just after my high school graduation until Jan. 3, 2010 (over 16 years). I used swimming, cycling, and running to help me through the cravings, and to improve my health. I completed my first Sprint a little more than two months later, then a fifty mile bike ride a month after that, a few more sprints, and then completed the Houston Marathon just a little after my one year smoke free mark. I am proud to say that I have been smoke free for seven years now, and will never even take a puff off another cigarette as long as I live. I have chosen to make Triathlon a life style and compete for the enjoyment. I'm not going to say that I never look where I finish, but I compete against myself and care more about the journey along the way. I have completed two Half Ironman races, 1 Olympic, numerous sprints as well as running and cycling events. I am not a trainer nor a doctor, but do find great joy and satisfaction through the hard work and accomplishment of others.

FAMILY STATUS: Married for over 17 years, with one beautiful (Spoiled Rotten) daughter.

CURRENT TRAINING: Just getting back at it, but when in full swing try my hardest to get in three swims, three bikes, and three runs per week. (short, medium, long.

2018 RACES: Ironman Chattanooga plus lead up races to be determined

WEIGHTLOSS: I am lucky in this category and have never had an issue with my weight. I do want to lower my body fat % and become leaner, but that will come with training.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: As stated above, I enjoy the accomplishments of others, whether they are small or large, because the accomplishment is relative to the individual and should be celebrated. I enjoy interacting with others to keep them motivated and positive about the goals they have set and the positive path they are on. I will make sure to answer any and all questions you have and if I do not know the answer I will do the research and get you the answer. I have been able to make friends through BT with very knowledgeable people who can help me if I need it. I will be there to send out inspires, challenge the group, and keep everyone logging and active. While I am not the most experienced, I am very passionate about this sport and people who are trying to make a change in their life.

Group Rules / Request: I am searching for those subjects that will participate in this group through logging their workouts, questions / comments in the thread, and by inspiring others in the group. No goal is to small for this group and will be celebrated as an accomplishment. We will all work to motivate each other and maintain a positive group. No arguments / discussion about Politics, Religion, Gun Control, and the like topics that tend to inflame others. You are free to take that to Cup of Joe. We can speak of things none Tri related but they should not be negative in any way. I just want a good group that communicates, works out, and enjoys the journey towards their goals.

2017-12-31 10:24 PM
in reply to: #5232461

Subject: RE: Todd's Tri Turtles 6 (Beginner - Sprints, 5K, 10K) - OPEN
I am an ultra beginner looking to change my life in a big way health-wise. My old college pal challenged a bunch of us to compete in an Ironman in 2019. He wanted a big challenge to lose weight and get healthy. I was all for it, until I read what an Ironman entailed.

After a year of doing nothing, I decided to at least get started doing something. After 5 months of walking, jogging, and swimming at bit, I lost 75 pounds, and suddenly, it didn’t seem so crazy. Maybe not an Ironman, and maybe not by 2019 — but a Triathlon of some distance just might be doable if I work very hard. And that I am willing to do.

I literally know nothing and I just ordered Triathlons for Dummies. I am looking for a tri coach in my area, and meanwhile, I keep doing what I have been. Walk/jogging 5 days a week, plus the gym— elliptical and weights.

And searching the Internet for as much information as I can find.
2018-01-01 10:01 AM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Count me in Todd!! Great to see you back; looking forward to "meeting" the new members of the group. I'll dig out my old bio and post it asap.

For those of you thinking about this group....it's a fantastic one especially for the folks like me who are relatively new to this sport. Todd provides great advice and wisdom.....particularly for truly beginner triathletes

Happy New Year and Happy Training!!
2018-01-01 8:01 PM
in reply to: vkeithley73

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by vkeithley73

I am an ultra beginner looking to change my life in a big way health-wise. My old college pal challenged a bunch of us to compete in an Ironman in 2019. He wanted a big challenge to lose weight and get healthy. I was all for it, until I read what an Ironman entailed.

After a year of doing nothing, I decided to at least get started doing something. After 5 months of walking, jogging, and swimming at bit, I lost 75 pounds, and suddenly, it didn’t seem so crazy. Maybe not an Ironman, and maybe not by 2019 — but a Triathlon of some distance just might be doable if I work very hard. And that I am willing to do.

I literally know nothing and I just ordered Triathlons for Dummies. I am looking for a tri coach in my area, and meanwhile, I keep doing what I have been. Walk/jogging 5 days a week, plus the gym— elliptical and weights.

And searching the Internet for as much information as I can find.

First, congrats on the weight lose and healthy lifestyle. Second, welcome to the Turtles and know that you can complete a triathlon this year. Triathlon really is a simple a swim, bike, run. Once we get the group together I will do an initial post with the basics of triathlon and what is needed. Again welcome!
2018-01-01 8:04 PM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by 2NewKnees

Count me in Todd!! Great to see you back; looking forward to "meeting" the new members of the group. I'll dig out my old bio and post it asap.

For those of you thinking about this group....it's a fantastic one especially for the folks like me who are relatively new to this sport. Todd provides great advice and wisdom.....particularly for truly beginner triathletes

Happy New Year and Happy Training!!

Bill, so glad to have you back in the group.

Bill has a great story of hard work and what can be overcome when we decide to, which I'll ask him to tell once we start.
2018-01-01 10:23 PM

User image

, California

Hi

I would love to join your group. I trained and completed 2 sprint triathlons in 2014 but was side lined by an achilles injury and never returned to the sport. I really enjoyed training and the whole triathlon experience/community. I have made it a goal for 2018 to get back into the groove and complete at least 2 tris, and attempt a 1/2 marathon. My training has been next to nothing for a while so I will be starting at square one. I am interested in learning how to increase my distances and stay injury free. 

Story- I am a 52 year old stay at home mom. Married for 24 years and have daughter who is a junior at the University of Michigan and a son who is a junior in high school. 

Prior to being a mother, I was a fit active person and always considered myself athletic. Over the course of raising my children, I became a spectator and was no longer the athlete I once considered myself to be. Putting my family first, I forgot to take care of myself. I started training for triathlons and completed 2 before my achilles injury. I have been jumping from program to program for a while and am ready to get back to triathlons.

Current Training - Gym workouts at Orange Theory. I will be selecting a Sprint program from this site to begin next week.

2018 Races  - TBD

Weight Loss - When training in 2014 I lost weight and was very happy with my conditioning, but have gained back the weight and some. I definitely need to lose 10-15lbs - Turning 50 really put a damper on that metabolism

I hope we can work toward our 2018 goals together.

Tara 

2018-01-02 8:25 PM
in reply to: MamacitaT

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by MamacitaT

Hi

I would love to join your group. I trained and completed 2 sprint triathlons in 2014 but was side lined by an achilles injury and never returned to the sport. I really enjoyed training and the whole triathlon experience/community. I have made it a goal for 2018 to get back into the groove and complete at least 2 tris, and attempt a 1/2 marathon. My training has been next to nothing for a while so I will be starting at square one. I am interested in learning how to increase my distances and stay injury free. 

Story- I am a 52 year old stay at home mom. Married for 24 years and have daughter who is a junior at the University of Michigan and a son who is a junior in high school. 

Prior to being a mother, I was a fit active person and always considered myself athletic. Over the course of raising my children, I became a spectator and was no longer the athlete I once considered myself to be. Putting my family first, I forgot to take care of myself. I started training for triathlons and completed 2 before my achilles injury. I have been jumping from program to program for a while and am ready to get back to triathlons.

Current Training - Gym workouts at Orange Theory. I will be selecting a Sprint program from this site to begin next week.

2018 Races  - TBD

Weight Loss - When training in 2014 I lost weight and was very happy with my conditioning, but have gained back the weight and some. I definitely need to lose 10-15lbs - Turning 50 really put a damper on that metabolism

I hope we can work toward our 2018 goals together.

Tara 

Tara, great to have you in the group and look forward to seeing your workouts starting next week. Please remember your past injuries and make sure not to get any from over use.
2018-01-03 9:47 AM

I think this group sounds like a good fit for me! I have done one sprint, and only the one my goal was to actually finish and that I did! It was not pretty but I finished. I am hoping to improve my performance and add distance. I have a HIM on my calendar for this year which is a little long for the group goals but since my aim is to finish before they tear down the finish line I still think it counts!

NAME: codeblue/Leia

STORY: My husband is an Ironman, and watching him do an HIM and a Full (NOLA and Texas) was amazing. I saw so many people competing with so many more barriers than I could ever dream of, I thought what is my excuse? I got my TT bike for Mother's day last year and started training. I completed a sprint tri in Oct 2017 and I am ready to grab onto more! I am on tap for a few running races in the next couple months and then I will be full into tri training.

FAMILY STATUS: I am married for 8 years with 8 kids (blended family) the oldest is almost 18 and the youngest is 7. We have a bunch of pets (2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinnea pigs, and a Chinese water dragon)

CURRENT TRAINING: I am mostly running and biking right now (it is super cold here by TX standards so I am afraid of the pool right now).

2018 RACES: 15k (walk/jog) Jan, 13.1 March, CB&I Sprint May, Sprint October, and HIM Waco in Oct. I am looking to add an Olympic in there somewhere.

WEIGHTLOSS: I lost 30 lbs last year and it helped me tremendously. I could lose another 15 and probably be at a great spot for these sports

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I take great direction and love to bounce ideas off others. Tracking training will help keep me accountable! I have so much to learn!!
2018-01-03 6:15 PM

Extreme Veteran
I would like to join.

I have been on the sidelines for the past two years with only sporadic training. Decided to try to turn that around in November and start running seriously for a couple of half marathons this year (one in late April the other in October). There will be other races sprinkled in there.

What will make me a good mentee: I'm pretty dedicated to trying to break 2:00 hours in the October Atlantic City Half Marathon. If I do things right, I might hit 1:50, which will get me close to the top ten for my age group (50-59). I'm using the April race as a test case for my training. This group will be a good outlet for my questions and also to see other peoples thoughts. I also hope to post often - the last mentor group I was in died a slow lonely death after about a month.

2018-01-04 8:29 AM
in reply to: bwingate

Extreme Veteran
We are in the midst of a blizzard here in the northeast (I'm in Long Island) but I have been running on the treadmill only so my run was unaffected. 5 easy miles keeping the heart rate at or under 150.

Anyone have any goal distances or times for this month? I'm hoping to hit 100 miles running and 5 hours on the trainer/Trainer Road.

Now to try to work from home
2018-01-04 8:54 PM
in reply to: codeblue

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by codeblue

I think this group sounds like a good fit for me! I have done one sprint, and only the one my goal was to actually finish and that I did! It was not pretty but I finished. I am hoping to improve my performance and add distance. I have a HIM on my calendar for this year which is a little long for the group goals but since my aim is to finish before they tear down the finish line I still think it counts!

NAME: codeblue/Leia

STORY: My husband is an Ironman, and watching him do an HIM and a Full (NOLA and Texas) was amazing. I saw so many people competing with so many more barriers than I could ever dream of, I thought what is my excuse? I got my TT bike for Mother's day last year and started training. I completed a sprint tri in Oct 2017 and I am ready to grab onto more! I am on tap for a few running races in the next couple months and then I will be full into tri training.

FAMILY STATUS: I am married for 8 years with 8 kids (blended family) the oldest is almost 18 and the youngest is 7. We have a bunch of pets (2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinnea pigs, and a Chinese water dragon)

CURRENT TRAINING: I am mostly running and biking right now (it is super cold here by TX standards so I am afraid of the pool right now).

2018 RACES: 15k (walk/jog) Jan, 13.1 March, CB&I Sprint May, Sprint October, and HIM Waco in Oct. I am looking to add an Olympic in there somewhere.

WEIGHTLOSS: I lost 30 lbs last year and it helped me tremendously. I could lose another 15 and probably be at a great spot for these sports

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTEE: I take great direction and love to bounce ideas off others. Tracking training will help keep me accountable! I have so much to learn!!

Welcome to the group and don't worry about the distance being long. I have always wanted the group to be inviting to beginners and veterans that just want company and to share in the journey of others. I never fit in a group that was all about a finishing place and the whole 10x this and 25x that. Don't get me wrong a workout schedule is great but I don't want to lose sight of the most important things, health and happiness! Who know I may surprise you in Waco as I'm only about 2 hours away.

2018-01-04 8:57 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by bwingate

I would like to join.

I have been on the sidelines for the past two years with only sporadic training. Decided to try to turn that around in November and start running seriously for a couple of half marathons this year (one in late April the other in October). There will be other races sprinkled in there.

What will make me a good mentee: I'm pretty dedicated to trying to break 2:00 hours in the October Atlantic City Half Marathon. If I do things right, I might hit 1:50, which will get me close to the top ten for my age group (50-59). I'm using the April race as a test case for my training. This group will be a good outlet for my questions and also to see other peoples thoughts. I also hope to post often - the last mentor group I was in died a slow lonely death after about a month.

Welcome to the group and let me say you are far from a Turtle, but we'll still take ya. As far as month run total I just started back and my month has me at around 35.
2018-01-05 9:37 AM

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

Welcome to the group and let me say you are far from a Turtle, but we'll still take ya. As far as month run total I just started back and my month has me at around 35.

True, but there are only 5 (6?) mentor groups and this is the only one that seemed oriented towards running.
2018-01-05 5:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I was joking, all are welcome and your run experience will likely help many in this group including myself!
2018-01-06 11:50 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Final warm and dry enough to hit the streets. I got in a nice even paced 5K. Now off to watch a movie with the family. Here's to hoping that everyone is having a great / productive weekend.
2018-01-07 9:17 AM

Extreme Veteran
Another cold day here in the northeast (is everyone else in this group from Texas?)

I had a 9 miler planned, but yesterday's run took a little more out of me than I thought it would. My original plan for the weekend was a 90 minute run yesterday and a 9 miler today and then have increase my distance based run each successive week while keeping the 90 minute run the same. Looks like I'll have to build up from 6 miles instead of 9.

In my mind, I'm running incredibly slow and know that I could be going a full minute per mile faster, but I'm trying to follow two guidelines in my training. First, consistently run as many miles per week as I can without courting injury - which right now is about 30 and will slowly move up to 40 over the next two months. Second is a mantra I have seen used on BT a lot: Run lots, most of it slow, some of it fast. Except almost all of my running is slow right now.

In general, that slow running part is tough. I tend to slip into a natural and faster pace on the road which drives up my heart rate. I've been running exclusively on the treadmill so that I can keep the pace down and watch my heart rate and adjust my pace.

2018-01-07 9:24 AM
in reply to: vkeithley73

Extreme Veteran
I saw that a few people had races planned for later in the year - anybody actually planned a specific race yet? I find that my training is better and more consistent when I have a specific goal in mind

First up for me is the NYCRuns Verrazano Half marathon on April 28 - https://nycruns.com/races/?race=verrazano-half- I used to live just two blocks from the start and would run along the races route when training for my first marathon.

My big race is the Atlantic City Half Marathon in October.

So, people, share your plans!

2018-01-07 12:39 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran

I saw that a few people had races planned for later in the year - anybody actually planned a specific race yet? I find that my training is better and more consistent when I have a specific goal in mind

First up for me is the NYCRuns Verrazano Half marathon on April 28 - https://nycruns.com/races/?race=verrazano-half- I used to live just two blocks from the start and would run along the races route when training for my first marathon.

My big race is the Atlantic City Half Marathon in October.

So, people, share your plans!

I am doing Ironman Chattanooga on Sept. 30th. I will mix in a few olympics and sprints, plus a few 5 & 10 K races, along with several charity rides leading up to my first century in May. Pretty lucky here in the Houston area to have a lot of choices and not a lot of really bad weather.

On another note, I'd kill to be at your weekly mileage but is that amount of running best for Half Marathon distance. I ask as a learning tool for me so to speak. I guess I thought more speed work and a few less miles would provide a better or at least equal half time while minimizing over use possibilities.

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2018-01-07 12:42 PM
2018-01-07 6:44 PM
in reply to: 2NewKnees

User image

Here's my "story"......

Name: Bill/2NewKnees
Age 66 Retired

Story: Growing up I was involved with the typical activities like baseball, basketball, some football, and running track while in HS. In my adult life work schedules and family obligations limited my sporting activities other than playing softball. Supporting our kids sporting events (football, wrestling, swimming) was much more important for us to concentrate on. ....

During one of those softball games more than 17 years ago, I blew out my left knee; tore the ACL and cartilage and had surgery to repair/6 month rehab. I did recover to play one more season. As a part of my post ACL repair rehab, I did some light jogging. That eventually turned into more running on a regular basis.

My daughter swam while in college and she encouraged me to join her for a 4 mile race. Her swim coach required the team to run the local event. I held off doing that her Freshman year but decided to give it a shot in her Soph year. Since she was close by we were able to train together. I was very nervous the day of my first event but finished it; so I began to run in similar races.

My sons and I ran in several events over the years. My oldest son convinced me to try a 1/2 Marathon with him in 2011; we trained together and successfully completed the distance (I sure felt my age after that!!); I remember being as nervous about that event as I was that first race with my daughter. Both my sons and I registered for the same event in 2012; ironically they both ended up injured and were unable to do the race; leaving their "old man" to run it by himself!! That 1/2 was the last stretch event I was able to train for prior to my knees giving out .

My left knee was so bad I had it replaced in Feb 2013; recovered from that, did a little bit of biking and walking but the right knee was also very damaged. I had my right one replaced in Sep 2013. Thus...my name...2NewKnees !! All of 2013 was a rehab year for me; in January 2014 I decided I needed to up my exercise schedule. We joined a local gym; I contacted a friend who is a Masters Swim Coach and he started me on my swimming activities. It's took me a year to improve my stamina in the pool. We continued to ride bikes when weather permitted and was pretty consistent on walking. Having done many road races I missed "competing". So I decided if I'm going to work that hard at something, I might as well try to train for an event of some sort.

So, I completed 2 Sprint Triathlons spring of 2015. I walked the 5K portion of the events because of my knees. Even though some folks who have had total knee replacements continue to run; I've made a decision not to do that; having been through that recovery twice, I'm not interested in having to go through knee replacement revision if I can keep from it. So....I'm pretty much limited to Sprint distances (unless I'd go the Aqua Bike events route sometime down the road).

Family Status: Retired; Happily married for 47 years; 3 children, (2 sons and a daughter); all married; 4 grand kids; plus new additions for my wife and I this past July were 2 Vizsla puppies (they are about 8 months old now and so full of energy) my wife and I exercise 5-6 days/week and will need to keep that up to "tire" those puppies!

Current Training: My goals are to Swim 3 times/week; Bike Trainer 3 times/week; Walking 5-6 times/week (Treadmill when weather doesn't cooperate) & Weight lifting 2 times/week

2014 Races: A local 5K fundraiser in May, 2014; I walked the event

2015 Races: Pioneer Sprint Triathlon 4/23/15; Miami of Ohio Sprint Triathlon 5/9/15; completed both in under 2 hours even walking the 5k portions

2016 Races: Since the Pioneer Sprint was my first event; I registered for it again as did my oldest son. However, I was unable to make the event due to my father's illness. He passed away in mid May. While I continued to "train" after his passing, I just never got back to the point of doing an event; plus bike time was almost non existent.

2017 Races: Pioneer Sprint Triathlon 4/30/2017; completed this one again, with my son this time; improved my time a lot INSPITE of wearing my bike helmet BACKWARDS for 1/2 of the ride....good grief....how stupid!!! Might have knocked another minute or two off my ride had I not had to correct the helmet. )!!!!!

Weight Loss: Since I was in rehab most of 2013 I gained some weight due to not being as active as I had been prior to my knee replacements. I've been able to keep my weight fairly stable with the swimming, biking, walking and yard work!

What Will Make Me a Good Mentee?: The fact that I want to complete additional events and need additional insight on what to continue to expect. I plan on registering for that April sprint event again here in a few days.

This will be my 4th time around on BT(second one with Todd).....I still feel I'm in that "beginner" group category since I've only done the 3 sprints; and I'm wanting to get back into the game in 2018.....I may be old and slow but I'll keep plugging along.

Look forward to meeting all the new members of this group
2018-01-07 9:15 PM
in reply to: 0

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by Hunting Triathlete

On another note, I'd kill to be at your weekly mileage but is that amount of running best for Half Marathon distance. I ask as a learning tool for me so to speak. I guess I thought more speed work and a few less miles would provide a better or at least equal half time while minimizing over use possibilities.

Mileage: It depends on what you want to achieve and how. This might get little disjointed:

I'm not qualified as a trainer, coach or in any medical capacity. What knowledge I have I have gleaned from the web - some of it is trash, some of it is OK, some of it is aspirational feel-good blogging.

For me, there were two questions: How much could I run and how hard could I run for that time. I can comfortably put in 5 hours a week training and with better time management get that up to 8. From past experience, I knew that if I ran much faster than a 9 minute mile, I would start to beat myself up and get "twinges" and pains and eventually injured. Out on the roads, I would naturally push myself towards a 9:30 mile which was still too fast and winter treadmill work would be boring, so I would push faster to get it over with. So now everything thing I do is on the treadmill with an eye on pace and heart rate.

As you read though BT and other sites, one common theme is that someone pushes too hard and gets injured. Too much distance can also cause injuries, but it seems that intensity causes it more than distance. I'm paying close attention to my aches and pains and building my mileage slowly. I am curious how lots of slow miles is going to translate into a faster race pace.

There's another school of thought out there that seems to lean towards lower mileage but harder runs - a long run, a tempo run and some speed work. Run Less, run faster was a book with this philosophy I think. For me, I don't think that this method would work for me. It also seems that this method would require closer control and could go wrong faster.

I guess in the end that you have to figure out what works for you - or what you can make work for you. That's why I have two half marathons scheduled six months apart. If I completely screw up the first one, I can regroup and come up with a different plan for the second one.

Edited by bwingate 2018-01-07 9:17 PM
2018-01-08 8:15 AM

I have the Hot Chocolate 15k on Jan 28th, followed by the Rock and Roll New Orleans on March 4th, then I get into my schedule of triathlons with my goal race as Waco on Oct 28 it is a 70.3, and I have paid for it so I will finish!

2018-01-08 8:47 AM
in reply to: codeblue

Extreme Veteran

I have the Hot Chocolate 15k on Jan 28th, followed by the Rock and Roll New Orleans on March 4th, then I get into my schedule of triathlons with my goal race as Waco on Oct 28 it is a 70.3, and I have paid for it so I will finish!

15k's are weird animals. They tend to attract "real" runners - I routinely place in the bottom third of the one in our area. You definitely don't get the old ladies walking and chatting 3 abreast like you do in the 5k's. Good luck with it!
2018-01-08 11:07 AM

15k's are weird animals. They tend to attract "real" runners - I routinely place in the bottom third of the one in our area. You definitely don't get the old ladies walking and chatting 3 abreast like you do in the 5k's. Good luck with it!

Thanks! It will be my first of that specific distance so it will be interesting! I will definitely place in the bottom third (seems where I am most comfortable placing)
2018-01-08 12:59 PM

User image

, California

Ok got the kiddos back to school and my plan downloaded. Question for you... During  inclimate weather what do you do to replace swim time? I can get my runs in and weight training, just wondering what a good replacement for swim would be.

Happy Monday!

2018-01-08 10:25 PM
in reply to: MamacitaT

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by MamacitaT

Ok got the kiddos back to school and my plan downloaded. Question for you... During  inclimate weather what do you do to replace swim time? I can get my runs in and weight training, just wondering what a good replacement for swim would be.

Happy Monday!

Never really had to think much about this because I have an aquatic center near me. I would say though that cardio work will always help plus chest, back, and arm strength training.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Todd's Tri Turtles 6 (Beginner - Sprints, 5K, 10K) - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 10

RELATED POSTS

My Year to Tri (Beginner and Intermediate Group) - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by SrhJarvis
Views: 9236 Posts: 78

2018-08-28 12:53 PM riles32807

sdalcher Beginning Tri Group - Open

Started by sdalcher
Views: 926 Posts: 4

2018-04-04 7:28 PM leatherneckpa