General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-26 11:03 PM

Subject: Hello!
Not 100% new to triathlon, but new to trying to do it right. I have done a few sprint triathlons and when I was getting ready for olympic distance I got injured and haven't been back to it until now. I have a 15 month old little girl and another little one coming this summer. With that said, I'm hoping to find help with life balance with adding triathlon into the mix. My goal is to do an ironman distance race. I'm excited for the journey ahead of me and meeting like minded fellow triathletes.

John

2017-12-28 2:01 PM
in reply to: jwhip12

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Subject: RE: Hello!
Welcome to the site. How long ago was the injury? Fully healed?

Enjoy your journey!

2017-12-29 3:14 PM
in reply to: triosaurus

It was years ago and yes, it is fully healed.
2018-01-01 8:59 AM
in reply to: jwhip12

User image

Welcome to the forum! Balance is something that all triathletes struggle with. It requires a good deal of patience and determination. Full and half iron distances require a lot of training just to be able to complete. Slow incremental improvements in distance and time are the key. Too much too fast can result in an injury that may take you out of the game for weeks or even months. Listen to your body! I'm not saying to not push yourself, as you most definetly must push your envelope to grow, but do it carefully and learn to be in tune with what your body is telling you.

A few months ago I participated in a study on the effects of caffeine on cycling and maximal output. In short there were three different testing phases in which I was served a coffee beverage which could be no caffeine low caffeine or high caffeine and then the Windgate test was administered for maximal output. Needless to say, I was not told which drink was which and there was a week separating each test. At the conclusion of each test I was asked which beverage I believed that I had been served.

The researcher was quite amazed, that I had guessed correctly on each trial. I wasn't. I am very much in tune with my body and what I can do.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hello from Norway

Started by flyor64
Views: 971 Posts: 4

2017-03-19 3:49 PM Mebennani

Hello

Started by Tterrag8907
Views: 858 Posts: 2

2017-02-04 12:56 AM IndoIronYanti

Hello!