General Discussion Triathlon Talk » patellar syndrome Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-12-28 5:13 AM

Subject: patellar syndrome
Hi to everyone. I'm new in this forum. Is there anybody with my problem here? What have you done for patellar syndrome? How can I come back to training and races?

2017-12-31 9:45 AM
in reply to: marco_cafasso

User image

Subject: RE: patellar syndrome
Diagnosed with patellar femoral syndrome in 2004 when I left active duty. I have found that with muscle strengthening the issue has mostly resolved itself. I did a great deal of lower body specific strength workouts and then gradually worked in running. Patellar femoral syndrome is essentially a muscular imbalance around the knee and is correctable.
2018-01-01 4:41 AM
in reply to: sdalcher

Thank you for your support. The doctors diagnosed me the same problem. Could you help me with muscle strengthening the issue description you're talking about? Could you explain me your deal of lower body specific strength workouts? I actually do a stretching plan before and after running and apply ice every time I do training. I' d like to know your muscle strengthening plan.
2018-01-01 2:52 PM

User image

Master
Sunny Southern Cal

I had this when I first started out running.  I can also develop it if I've taken a break for a while and start back up too quickly.  For me, I find that wearing a strap below the knee for runner's knee or jumper's knee seems to let me continue with training as long as I ease off a little and don't go crazy with the training volume.  As the body acclimates, I'll start going without, or maybe removing the strap part way through the workout and continuing if there's no pain.

2018-01-01 5:31 PM
in reply to: triathl.31

User image

Originally posted by triathl.31

Thank you for your support. The doctors diagnosed me the same problem. Could you help me with muscle strengthening the issue description you're talking about? Could you explain me your deal of lower body specific strength workouts? I actually do a stretching plan before and after running and apply ice every time I do training. I' d like to know your muscle strengthening plan.

Squats, lunges, weighted step ups, Bosu squats to name a few stair climber type exercise machines help as well. These all build muscle around the knee, helping to pull the patella back into correct position. It is not an overnight fix, but doing 2-3 light leg workouts a week or in my case one heavy leg workout per week has done a great deal to alleviate the problem
2018-01-02 9:46 AM

Never went to a doctor but had horrible knee pain at one point, I thought it was patellar. Got the knee straps and cleared up almost instantly. Awesome, can't recommend those things highly enough.

2018-01-02 1:43 PM
in reply to: d.rock90

User image

Bronze member

There are a lot of youtube videos with exercises to help this issue: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=exercises+to+help+patellar+syndrome

2018-01-06 11:22 AM
in reply to: #5233415

Thank you very much for your help. I'm going to trying the exercises. I hope I will be fine again and solving my knees problems.
2018-01-14 8:55 AM
in reply to: #5234218

Hi to everybody. I decided to start physiotherapy. The physiatrist told me I needed magnet therapy, laser therapy, transutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and isometry for quadriceps. He also visited me using a platform for analysing my foot support. I have a genu valgum and so they applied me orthotics. What do you think about?
2018-01-14 8:59 AM
in reply to: #5235134

Sorry I meant toe board instead of platform and plantar support instead of foot support.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » patellar syndrome Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Compartment Syndrome

Started by hessma
Views: 787 Posts: 7

2017-08-07 1:06 PM hessma