General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from Queensland, Australia Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-01-01 10:58 PM

Subject: New from Queensland, Australia
Hi, I came across the forum while researching for my first tri. I've been mountain biking for a few years now and a few months ago decided to take on a new challenge and try a tri.

I bought a road bike and between two days a week on the road and one day a week on the mountain bike trails I'm averaging about 90km of riding a week with 900m of climbing.

My swimming has progressed well from struggling through 200m to comfortably swimming 1km in 25 minutes.

My run is my trouble area with a history of shin splints and compartment syndrome having kept me away from running for 12 or more years. I have been doing a lot of rehab work over the last few months and have just started a couch to 5k program (actually a pre c25k program with intervals of 30 seconds jogging and 2 minutes of walking).

My goal is a triathlon in June. I don't know yet whether that will be an olympic distance or a sprint distance and that will depend greatly on how my running progresses.

Looking forward to continuing to learn a lot here.

2018-01-04 10:11 AM
in reply to: B.K

Subject: RE: New from Queensland, Australia
Welcome!
I suspect you'll outperform your expectations come race day.
Also, I'm jealous at the moment. You're sitting there in the middle of summer....warm weather to ride in.
-15 c here this week. Way too cold to ride in for me.
2018-01-05 7:36 PM
in reply to: #5233692

Winter is much nicer here actually. It was 37C here a couple of days ago, disgusting weather for training.
2018-01-08 7:49 PM
in reply to: B.K

User image

Welcome to the forum!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New from Queensland, Australia Rss Feed