of 2

2018-02-18 6:45 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: RE: Parade!!!
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Does Trump get to sit in the special draft-dodger section of the crowd?

Yes. In a seat beside Obama and both Clinton as Bush wears his uniform and laughts.

2018-02-18 6:48 PM

User image

Pro
Dude lol....he didn't dodge the draft.....hey, what branch of the service were you in? Marine Corps here....always happy to hear the experiences of others.
2018-02-18 7:01 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
2018-02-19 6:35 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas
I was one of those child soldiers we've been hearing about. I served with the Air Force during Viet Nam. … .. .
2018-02-19 6:45 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Left Brain

Dude lol....he didn't dodge the draft.....hey, what branch of the service were you in? Marine Corps here....always happy to hear the experiences of others.

You seriously believe Trump didn't dodge the draft?
He had a doc write up "bone spurs" for his 5th deferment.
The 1st 4 deferments were for him being in college. Those are legit...
The 5th time was illegitimate and you know it.
He is a chicken hawk and you know it in your gut.
2018-02-19 7:18 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Ummm, Obama is a couple of years younger than me and there was no draft when I got out of high school (1977). Clinton, sure he dodged, but this country has a tradition of not sending Rhodes Scholars to war. I’m ok with that.

Edited by Oysterboy 2018-02-19 7:43 PM

2018-02-19 8:17 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Left Brain Dude lol....he didn't dodge the draft.....hey, what branch of the service were you in? Marine Corps here....always happy to hear the experiences of others.
You seriously believe Trump didn't dodge the draft? He had a doc write up "bone spurs" for his 5th deferment. The 1st 4 deferments were for him being in college. Those are legit... The 5th time was illegitimate and you know it. He is a chicken hawk and you know it in your gut.

Well, in all honesty, I've had a personal rule my whole life.  If you didn't serve, you shut up about anybody else who didn't.  Yes, i realize it's my deal, but I'm 4th generation Marine Corps in my family, including WWII and Korea veterans, so there is history there. 

I don't mind if you want to spout off about someone who didn't serve while you didn't either, that's certainly your right, but I won't have a second of discussion with you about it....you didn't earn it.  I'm sorry if that is offensive to you, it's not my intention.  It's just the way I have handled these discussions and I'm not going to change because, like I said, it's  matter of earning the right, and out of my deep respect for those who have served.

Furthermore, I was not in Vietnam.  I couldn't pretend to speak for the men and women who fought there.  And as far as I'm concerned, they alone can address the issue of who served there and who didn't.....nobody else.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-19 8:43 PM
2018-02-20 7:14 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
I prefer a POTUS who served simply because they have a better understanding of the military and understand the culture. When you are making decision about policy it is best to have at least some feel for what it feels like to wear the uniform....or to be out in the field or deployed overseas on a ship at sea not being able to see your family or attend you son's little league games.

I think GWB got a raw deal by the press because he only served as a guardsmen/reservist. I served 11 years in the guard and reserve both but there were times where I spent up to 6 months on active duty. I completed to basic training, AIT, OCS and OBC on active duty. I served briefly during the first gulf war. They (the media) attacked GWB and tried to make him look like a coward because he didn't go fight in Vietnam. Dan Rather even used forged documents that he knew were fake to trash the man. Dan Rather never served.

Trump never served but at least he has surrounded himself with people who did serve. Bill Clinton avoided the draft and wrote that he 'loathed the military'. I think John Kerry got a raw deal when he got 'swift-boated'. At least he served. Guess people should not 'pad their resume' when it comes to heroics.

Every POTUS since Truman has served except Clinton, Obama and Trump. In all, only 12 presidents never served.

I actually think every American ought to sever in one form or another....but I that that is too radical for our snowflake society.
2018-02-20 9:47 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by mdg2003

I was one of those child soldiers we've been hearing about. I served with the Air Force during Viet Nam. … .. .

Just to be clear, this is sarcasm. I've not been in the military either.

I was about to join and was out drinking with a friend who talked me into going to airplane mechanic school instead. Even after graduation, I nearly went into the Air Force. There were no jobs in my field and it seemed like a good fit. My uncle, an AF lifer, found a recruiter for me that was promising a couple stripes upon completion of basic, since I was a licensed aircraft mechanic. He was probably blowing smoke up my backside, but it might have been what I needed to tame my wild streak. Anyway, a job came along and I stayed civilian.
2018-02-20 11:24 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Honestly, for me it was never an option. My dad was retired USMC and told me when I was in high school that I should not consider the military an option - that I was going to college. I think for my dad it was important that I go to college, I was the first in my immediate family. I do come from a long line of citizen soldiers, I have a relative in just about every war (3 in the Civil, and 1 that I know of in the Revolutionary). My wife is an Air Force brat and between her experience and my family heritage I suppose that is why we choose to donate to veterans charities over others.
2018-02-24 9:35 PM

User image

Elite
"Well, in all honesty, I've had a personal rule my whole life. If you didn't serve, you shut up about anybody else who didn't."

umm, that's not exactly a personal rule, now is it? You are basically telling me you won't respond to me stating the FACT that Donald J Trump, the man who "knows more than the generals do," had a doctor write up that he had a bone spur to keep him from serving. Yes, a heel spur which can be remedied in a simple outpatient procedure. He is a text-book chicken hawk who wraps himself in the flag.

Trump even stated himself his own personal Viet Nam was avoiding sexually-transmitted diseases.
He's a true American hero!

I kinda get why you'd have that rule. The truth hurts sometimes.

2018-02-24 10:06 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy "Well, in all honesty, I've had a personal rule my whole life. If you didn't serve, you shut up about anybody else who didn't." umm, that's not exactly a personal rule, now is it? You are basically telling me you won't respond to me stating the FACT that Donald J Trump, the man who "knows more than the generals do," had a doctor write up that he had a bone spur to keep him from serving. Yes, a heel spur which can be remedied in a simple outpatient procedure. He is a text-book chicken hawk who wraps himself in the flag. Trump even stated himself his own personal Viet Nam was avoiding sexually-transmitted diseases. He's a true American hero! I kinda get why you'd have that rule. The truth hurts sometimes.

It has nothing to do with the truth and everything to do with those who did not serve thinking they have a right to judge others who didn't serve......I suppose you can think you do, well, of course you can think that, but I won't have that conversation with you.  You didn't earn it.

2018-02-24 10:14 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy "Well, in all honesty, I've had a personal rule my whole life. If you didn't serve, you shut up about anybody else who didn't." umm, that's not exactly a personal rule, now is it? You are basically telling me you won't respond to me stating the FACT that Donald J Trump, the man who "knows more than the generals do," had a doctor write up that he had a bone spur to keep him from serving. Yes, a heel spur which can be remedied in a simple outpatient procedure. He is a text-book chicken hawk who wraps himself in the flag. Trump even stated himself his own personal Viet Nam was avoiding sexually-transmitted diseases. He's a true American hero! I kinda get why you'd have that rule. The truth hurts sometimes.

It has nothing to do with the truth and everything to do with those who did not serve thinking they have a right to judge others who didn't serve......I suppose you can think you do, well, of course you can think that, but I won't have that conversation with you.  You didn't earn it.

That's hilarious. Sanctimonious, but hilarious.
2018-02-24 10:18 PM

User image

Pro

That's hilarious. Sanctimonious, but hilarious.

Yeah, it's a military thing, you wouldn't understand and I don't expect you to.

2018-02-25 6:45 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
So I heard the parade will be on Veterans Day. Awesome! And brilliant.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Parade!!! Rss Feed  

of 2