General Discussion Triathlon Talk » liner socks Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-02-13 5:56 PM

Subject: liner socks
my feet blister, badly. this is after 2 pair of asics nimbus and 1 pair of brooks glycerin shoes last year, belega socks, and training for a half and full marathon. i still blister.
so, im thinking a pair of liner socks is the next step. anyone have any they like and works. also open to other ideas.

2018-02-13 6:20 PM
in reply to: bnsafe

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
Subject: RE: liner socks

It could be a sock issue, but it sounds more like a shoe issue.

2018-02-14 3:25 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olathe
Also consider your shoes are not fitting correctly. Wrong size, width, model, etc.
Also consider lubrication. Aquafor is a life saver.
2018-02-14 3:45 PM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

Where do you blister and are they always in the same spot?  

Ball of the foot?
Heel?
Around 1 specific toe?

Could be related to the specific mechanics of your running or how tight you have your shoes.  

I've not spent any time running with liner socks.  I use them hiking.  

2018-02-14 6:44 PM
in reply to: McFuzz

blisters move around. i trained for a half marathon with nimbus 18 without issue last year. put them up to train for a century ride. a couple mos later i used the same shoes and blistered below the ankles on both feet so bad my socks were bloody. bought a pair of brooks and trained for a full marathon with must small no big deal blisters. marathon was in nov and i continued using them on a tm when its to cold to run. had a couple warm days and went for a run, blisters on the arch of both feet, slightly smaller than a half dollar. went back to a pair of nimbus, worked out doing high intensity stuff for 45 minutes without problems, then did a half marathon monday and got a blister on my right inner heal so bad it looks like blood underneath it. so 3 pairs of shoes that have worked for awhile then stop, blisters in diff spots. im gonna try some liner socks, i bought some asics light weight socks, an see if that helps. i will also check into the aquafor stuff mentioned. im reluctant to go to any shoe store. ive went to 2 of them that were supposedly triathlon stores which is where i got the nimbus at one and brooks at another. obviously neither helped. seems stores higher college kids now days that dont know and dont care.
2018-02-14 9:01 PM

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina

A few observations, based on your last post:

1. That does sound like shoe issues to me, or possibly as mentioned a combination of shoe and gait issues.
  2. Each of the occasions where you reported bad blistering seems also to have been an occasion where you also made a potentially significant change (returning to running after time training the bike instead;  treadmill to outdoor running; 45 minutes 'high intensity' to a half-marathon).
  3. Socks might help but they would just be masking the underlying problem.  If the blisters are occurring in a predictable place (but it sounds like not) you could also treat just those spots with medical tape or bandages.'
  4. I personally find that I'm much more likely to get a blister or some sort of chafing if my shoes are too loose.

2018-02-15 5:29 PM
in reply to: Experior

appreciate the input. i agree it very well could be the shoes, but i have bought 3 epensive pairs in the last year. blisters are in a diff spot but still there. my socks got here today. i will let my blisters heal then try them and see what happens. if they dont help im open to any suggestions. there are no real shoe stores any where close to me, like several hours away.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » liner socks Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Compression socks opinion?

Started by joshwennes
Views: 1541 Posts: 10

2017-03-28 9:56 PM Swimbikeron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 28, 2017
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Sports doc analyzes usefulness