Other Resources The Political Joe » Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2018-02-21 8:32 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!!
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Many media outlets have taken “sides” in the divided climate we have in this country. They are doing this not necessarily in the name of objective journalism but in the interest of the bottom line.

I think you're spot on that they've taken sides in this divided country. I'll go on step further to add that they're actively driving the wedge deeper and working at dividing the country even further through their 'reporting' efforts. I also believe that the bottom line is secondary to their primary goal of furthering an agenda.

2018-02-21 3:41 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Originally posted by Rogillio...We live in the age of infopinion ...

FIFY

2018-02-21 3:48 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Saw this yesterday... The gun control argument is essentially moot.

https://youtu.be/-_ayHfaHCXQ?list=PLBuns9Evn1w_i0w26pgJolzA6waq-UZWL

2018-02-21 5:21 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Yep, that's pretty awesome stuff.  The little group I load ammo with has known about this stuff for awhile. You've been able to buy 60-80% finished products with no serial number (because it's not a gun) for quite a while.....and there are plenty of talented folks who take advantage of it.  I could easily see us graduating to building guns from the equipment we already have and the amount of ammo we can already load......and we're just guys who like to shoot.  I'd love to build a gun from a hunk of metal.

The US population will never be disarmed.......I feel good about that.....it's what our founders wanted.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-21 5:24 PM
2018-02-24 9:17 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Left Brain

Yep, that's pretty awesome stuff.  The little group I load ammo with has known about this stuff for awhile. You've been able to buy 60-80% finished products with no serial number (because it's not a gun) for quite a while.....and there are plenty of talented folks who take advantage of it.  I could easily see us graduating to building guns from the equipment we already have and the amount of ammo we can already load......and we're just guys who like to shoot.  I'd love to build a gun from a hunk of metal.

The US population will never be disarmed.......I feel good about that.....it's what our founders wanted.

Yes. It's exactly what they wanted. They clearly envisioned everyone walking around with AR-15s.
2018-02-24 9:53 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Yes. It's exactly what they wanted. They clearly envisioned everyone walking around with AR-15s.

My father-in-law was a great thinker.  My son asked him one time if he thought people had some kind of outside help building the pyramids since it seemed like such an improbable undertaking for the time, especially considering the precision.  My son asked, "so how did they do it?"....and my father-in-law answered, "they used all the latest technology". 

Our founders wanted us to be able to protect our society from tyranny.....outside and inside....it's clearly written and our supreme court has agreed.  They wrote the 2nd amendment with the latest technology in mind. 

I have a half dozen or so guns that are really only good for killing people....or at least that's what they do best.  I'm ok with them sitting idle for as long as they need to, aside from some regular practice and to teach my kids how to use them.....but nobody is ever going to take them away from my family.  I'll not live in a society where only the Police and military have guns (and you shouldn't want to either).....and thanks to the foresight of those who wrote our constitution, I'll never have to.

Edited by Left Brain 2018-02-24 9:58 PM

2018-02-25 7:03 AM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by briderdt

Wow.

As technology increases it will be impossible to stop people from obtaining guns.
2018-02-25 1:42 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

My father-in-law was a great thinker.  My son asked him one time if he thought people had some kind of outside help building the pyramids since it seemed like such an improbable undertaking for the time, especially considering the precision.  My son asked, "so how did they do it?"....and my father-in-law answered, "they used all the latest technology". 

Our founders wanted us to be able to protect our society from tyranny.....outside and inside....it's clearly written and our supreme court has agreed.  They wrote the 2nd amendment with the latest technology in mind. 

I have a half dozen or so guns that are really only good for killing people....or at least that's what they do best.  I'm ok with them sitting idle for as long as they need to, aside from some regular practice and to teach my kids how to use them.....but nobody is ever going to take them away from my family.  I'll not live in a society where only the Police and military have guns (and you shouldn't want to either).....and thanks to the foresight of those who wrote our constitution, I'll never have to.

Yup, the musket was pure badazzery in the day. High tech killing machine when up against a knife or sword. Look at the death toll in the Civil War.
2018-02-25 4:31 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Champion
Alabama

I doubt will will ever make a gun but I made a knife this weekend. Have a small forge and hammered out the blade then spent many hours grinding, sanding and polishing the steel. The wood is cherry milled from a tree from my property. Not fancy but functional and a sense of pride. My buddy says most of my knives look like prison shanks.

Attachments
----------------
77F67768-721B-415B-830D-AE96FB24682C.jpeg (3343KB - 10 downloads)
F96A298C-C2E8-46B6-94BB-2037F120B049.jpeg (2272KB - 12 downloads)
2018-02-26 7:53 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Rogillio

I doubt will will ever make a gun but I made a knife this weekend. Have a small forge and hammered out the blade then spent many hours grinding, sanding and polishing the steel. The wood is cherry milled from a tree from my property. Not fancy but functional and a sense of pride. My buddy says most of my knives look like prison shanks.

Forged in Fire candidate!,

And dude, sweep up your butts!!

Edited by mdg2003 2018-02-26 7:55 AM
2018-02-26 8:42 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

Forged in Fire candidate!,

And dude, sweep up your butts!!

I'd never make it on FiF...I am unsafe at any speed. I tend to do my forging in shorts and flip-flops....could not find my long lighter so lite forge with a little Bic lighter - whoop! Singed all the hair off my arm and burned my knuckle. And yes, my shop is a mess! Scariest thing I did was to cast a brass tomahawk. I had a bunch of brass ankors from my pool cover....bought a smelt for my forge and melted the brass. Nothing like picking up a smelt full of molten brass with some cheap thongs and pouring into a mold.....and having the mold catch on fire. Tomahawk turned out ok but I can do better. Need to work on my mold.

2018-02-26 8:01 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

Where's the "Like" button when you need it? Agree 100%. All the hue and cry I hear and see about how certain firearms have no place in civilian society... Holy COW! The whole point of the 2nd amendment was to protect against foreign AND domestic tyranny. 

2018-02-27 5:16 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Tejas

I'd never make it on FiF...I am unsafe at any speed. I tend to do my forging in shorts and flip-flops....could not find my long lighter so lite forge with a little Bic lighter - whoop! Singed all the hair off my arm and burned my knuckle. And yes, my shop is a mess! Scariest thing I did was to cast a brass tomahawk. I had a bunch of brass ankors from my pool cover....bought a smelt for my forge and melted the brass. Nothing like picking up a smelt full of molten brass with some cheap thongs and pouring into a mold.....and having the mold catch on fire. Tomahawk turned out ok but I can do better. Need to work on my mold.

'Forged' is one of those shows I can't seem to turn off for some reason. Some of the contestants are really talented people, while some seem to be barely able to handle a piece of metal with tongs. I guess that helps make it viewable; hoping that the inept underdog can somehow get to the next round? There was a marathon FIF a couple months back. I think I turned on the tube around 645 and next thing I knew it was close to 11!
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Love those weapons! AR-15s and Smoke Grenades!! Yay!!! Rss Feed  

of 5