of 2

2018-03-04 12:04 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Trump is a moron

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Finally, a thread title we can all agree on! Be careful Rogillio, first Trump may confiscate this thread, and THEN there will be due process! LOL

You do realize the govt. can do that now right?  We confiscate guns all the time when we can articulate why we think the person is a danger to themselves or others.  We don't give them back without a court order. 

I don't know where you studied law, but a seizure of ANYTHING or ANYBODY almost always comes before the "due process".  I don't need a court to arrest you (a seizure under the 4th amendment) or take your guns.  I simply need to articulate probable cause for my seizure.

Interesting. It seems Faux News' ultra-conservative Tucker Carlson had the same damn reaction I did. I guess he just isn't very smart, right? Here's video of what he said: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tucker-carlson-trump-guns_us_5a... (but then again, it could be just Huff Post doctoring the video, or perhaps using an actor to portray Tucker Carlson, right? FAKE NEWS!)

CD....and apparently, Tucker Carlson.....I'm only going to say this one more time so pay attention.  WE ALREADY TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO WE CAN ARTICULATE ARE A DANGER TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS.  If they want to get their guns back they go through a court and get an order for us to return them.  (I can commit any person for a 96 hour mental evaluation.....yes, even against their will, for the same reason)

There is NO due process beforehand. 

You watch too much TV.   

2018-03-04 7:10 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Lefty, Is that a state-by-state operational procedure or do you think this is how it is handled throughout the country?
2018-03-04 7:48 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Finally, a thread title we can all agree on! Be careful Rogillio, first Trump may confiscate this thread, and THEN there will be due process! LOL

You do realize the govt. can do that now right?  We confiscate guns all the time when we can articulate why we think the person is a danger to themselves or others.  We don't give them back without a court order. 

I don't know where you studied law, but a seizure of ANYTHING or ANYBODY almost always comes before the "due process".  I don't need a court to arrest you (a seizure under the 4th amendment) or take your guns.  I simply need to articulate probable cause for my seizure.

Interesting. It seems Faux News' ultra-conservative Tucker Carlson had the same damn reaction I did. I guess he just isn't very smart, right? Here's video of what he said: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tucker-carlson-trump-guns_us_5a... (but then again, it could be just Huff Post doctoring the video, or perhaps using an actor to portray Tucker Carlson, right? FAKE NEWS!)

CD....and apparently, Tucker Carlson.....I'm only going to say this one more time so pay attention.  WE ALREADY TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO WE CAN ARTICULATE ARE A DANGER TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS.  If they want to get their guns back they go through a court and get an order for us to return them.  (I can commit any person for a 96 hour mental evaluation.....yes, even against their will, for the same reason)

There is NO due process beforehand. 

You watch too much TV.   

Guahhhhh ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH POLICE STATE BLAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
2018-03-04 8:30 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Oysterboy Lefty, Is that a state-by-state operational procedure or do you think this is how it is handled throughout the country?

I can check, but I can't imagine a scenario where a Police Officer can articulate that someone is a danger to themselves or others and not seize their weapons if they are already in the place where the weapons are.....it happens every single day.  I don't know of a state where the Police cannot lawfully commit someone for a psychiatric exam when they can be shown to be a danger to themselves or others.  It's no different taking their weapons.  Why would I commit someone I deem to be a danger and NOT take their guns?

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump is a moron Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Ivanka Trump

Started by Rogillio
Views: 614 Posts: 10

2017-04-06 1:02 PM Rogillio

Russia - Trump connection Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Rogillio
Views: 4054 Posts: 65

2020-05-08 2:18 PM Left Brain