Other Resources The Political Joe » Sanctuary Cities Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-03-12 8:26 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Sanctuary Cities
I don't understand the rationale behind "Sanctuary Cities" laws to protect criminal illegal aliens. I think it is a losing issue for democrats. The idea of releasing an illegal alien after he has been arrested for criminal activity is just insane IMO.

I think the case the DOJ has brought against CA will end up at the Supreme Court since. The case is being tried in the 9th circuit and there is little doubt how they will rule.

2018-03-12 10:11 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: Sanctuary Cities
There are not any laws that establish "sanctuary Cities" as this would be counter to US federal law. What is behind this is that local law enforcement will not inquire about someones immigration status. The argument is that if they do inquire then undocumented people that are witnesses to serious crimes will not come forward for fear they will be deported. I have no idea how much of a problem this is but there are certainly a number of cities that look the other way on immigration status.
2018-03-12 11:02 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Oysterboy

There are not any laws that establish "sanctuary Cities" as this would be counter to US federal law. What is behind this is that local law enforcement will not inquire about someones immigration status. The argument is that if they do inquire then undocumented people that are witnesses to serious crimes will not come forward for fear they will be deported. I have no idea how much of a problem this is but there are certainly a number of cities that look the other way on immigration status.

C'mon Ost, you are usually better informed. This is the CA law that Sessions is suing CA on:

"California lawmakers approve landmark 'sanctuary state' bill to expand protections for immigrants"

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-california-sanctuary-stat...
2018-03-12 12:46 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Feds will take that to court, it won't stand up.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Sanctuary Cities Rss Feed