General Discussion Race Reports! » Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Framingham, Massachusetts
United States
Life Time Fitness, Ironman
32F / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 15m
Overall Rank = 28/80
Age Group = Open
Age Group Rank = 4/30
Pre-race routine:

Pre-race, I ate the traditional cherry almond super seed oatmeal I love to make - really any type of oatmeal with fruit, cinnamon, maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla or almond extract is what I love to eat before a race. Where I may have gone wrong is the extra coffee from Dunkin' Donuts I bought to make change from a $100 bill I borrowed to get gas to get to the race.
Event warmup:

Warm-Up involved a two hour ride with my 'race sibling' Patrick (we have the same awesome coach). I thought I was getting sick to my stomach but now I think my chronic illness was acting up. By the time we got to the venue I was pretty close to collapsing on the floor - no joke. I had to stop walking twice on the way to the locker rooms the get my feet solidly planted. Thankfully, no such drama ruined the day completely.
Swim
  • 10m
  • 625 meters
  • 01m 36s / 100 meters
Comments:

I really thought I was going slow for the swim! I was hoping for a 600 and was pleased with a 625. I think I just felt slow because I was next to Patrick - he killed it!!!
What would you do differently?:

I would relax more and remember to stroke correctly. Patrick noticed I picked up speed on the second half and this was actually when I had began to tire and remembered to stroke correctly and trust the GLIDE!!! I always forget that or don't trust it. NEXT TIME!!

I was so tired I kept looking for the orange cone to signify the end of the swim. That's very unlike me.
Transition 1
  • 10m
Comments:

Predetermined transition time. Everyone had 10 minutes to change and get up to the third floor to the spin machines.

I'd consider wearing a tri suit for the indoor tri. It took more time and energy than I thought it would to change - have you ever put on a sports bra when you're soaking wet? Yeah. That.
Bike
  • 30m
  • 10.4 miles
  • 20.80 mile/hr
Comments:

I was hoping to ride in the 20 mph range - this has been a lifetime dream for me and today it came true!

Perhaps pedal even harder - I was SO close to getting 3rd place in this race!
Transition 2
  • 05m 10s
Comments:

Predetermined transition time to get to the second floor and run on treadmills.
Run
  • 19m 50s
  • 2.22 miles
  • 08m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

Another dream come true. I ran sub-9 the whole time. What a thrill!

Looking at my rank, I can see I should have run harder. If I can run an 8:29 after Joe's garage, I should have tried for that here as well. My demons got the best of me. I know I could have done it!
Post race
Warm down:

Patrick and I checked out the scene, which was very cool. This venue was incredible. I got to try Nortec Leggy Things for the first time ever. The idea is that you put these giant, air-filled sacks on your legs and they massage our the lactic acid. I guess it worked? I wasn't sore, but because of my coach, I'm used to much more exercise in any normal workout day!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My brain. Always my brain.

Also, i was very sick I came to find out in the end. I mean, I was shaking with pain before and after but didn't notice it much during the race. I only noticed it in transition. I'm sure that didn't help!

Event comments:

FANTASTIC RACE! Oh my God, I felt so posh in those lovely locker rooms. Staff were supportive, rooting us on and offering drinks. I loved it! Next time I'll jump in that jacuzzi in the locker room! High end shampoo, conditioner and body wash offered in the private showers! I could go on and on!

Last updated: 2018-03-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:00 | 625 meters | 01m 36s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/30
Overall: 9/80
Performance: Good
This was an Indoor race, so the pool laps were timed. I swam a 625 in 10 minutes. Patrick lapped me, but this turned out not to be so bad because between the two of us, we won our heat! As a matter-of-fact, I came in 3rd in the entire race for the swim and 9th for men and women!
Suit: Speedo aqua blade
Course: Laps in a pool - shared a lane with my training bro.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 10:00
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:30:00 | 10.4 miles | 20.80 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/30
Overall: 34/80
Performance: Average
Spin time was predetermined (30 minutes) I cycled 10.4 miles in this time.
Wind:
Course: Spin bikes. Cool music, got to sit next to Patrick. We were focused like whoa.
Road:   Cadence: 90
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 05:10
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:19:50 | 02.22 miles | 08m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 9/30
Overall: 40/80
I started 10 seconds late because when I tapped 'start' on the screen it didn't go through...
Course: Treadmill, player's choice ;)
Keeping cool Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2018-03-13 7:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

YWCA Indoor Sprint Tri

Started by stevestenzel
Views: 930 Posts: 1

2018-03-03 5:35 PM stevestenzel

Good Life Halfsy

Started by cw1bear
Views: 571 Posts: 1

2017-11-02 8:47 AM cw1bear

Goat Path Time Trial

Started by Manatee Express
Views: 593 Posts: 1