Other Resources The Political Joe » DNC Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-03-14 10:03 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: DNC
I hate to give advice to the democrats but they won't listen anyway. Trying to be as objective as I can, here is what I think the DNC needs to do to regain power.

1. Tell Hillary to STFU. She lost and it's time for the DNC to move on and put a new face to the democrat party. The Clinton brand is soiled and when she is in the news bemoaning her loss it just make the democrat party look bad.

2. Get rid of Pelosi and Waters. Both of these old women constantly make fools of themselves. I cannot imagine any millennials want far left, barely intelligible, old woman as leaders of the party.

3. Come up with a new platform that is tolerant. The idea that you cannot be a pro-life democrats is bad for the party.

4. Come up with new proposals and legislation to help the working class.

5. Quit trying to vilify wealth. Rich or not, most Americans aspire to be wealthy!

6. Stop pandering to the least common denominator on every issue

7. Support the wall in exchange for amnesty

2018-03-14 11:20 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: RE: DNC
Rog, this advice is best left for 2020 as the presidential candidate will need to establish the tone and direction of the national party. As there is no clear leader, and no need for a unified message until 2020 much of your advice you outline is really moot at this point. What is key is that they put up some good candidates who run on issues tailored for their districts. This is what Conor Lamb did, and to an extent, Doug Jones as well. Neither of these guys is really in sync with the national leadership and that is OK.

What I do agree with you on is HRC. She lost an election she should have won, she can be grating and nearly as divisive as DJT. She needs to fade to black.

As for Pelosi, I also agree that is is time for her to step down as leader. She's had her time in the sun and there are some very well spoken, articulate younger DNC members (true in the GOP as well) that I think would do a great job in a leadership role. Time to let them spread their wings.

As far as getting rid of Pelosi and Waters, they are elected reps and it is their constituencies that decide that. But, they do not need to be in leadership roles (not sure Maxine Waters is). The GOP does a pretty good job of keeping their nutty fringe guys off the front page, the DNC could take a lesson from them in this regard.

Finally, I think they need to cool the impeachment talk. If Muller finds a smoking gun then fine, but we haven't see it yet. And impeaching Clinton did Newt et al very little good, again, democrats they can learn important lessons from the GOP. This will be especially important because after the midterms they are a cinch to have a seat at the table again, thanks to DJT.
2018-03-14 11:31 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member

Totally agree on HRC. She needs to stop. She's out there talking about how the rural areas lost her the election because they're low income and uneducated, and she's unintentionally firing up Trump's base even more. Just let it go already, it's done.

I've been over Pelosi since forever, so I'm down with that too. She's the worst. (I'm not a Democrat though, I just play one in this forum because y'all are so far right. Lol.)

I think that Lamb is an example of the type of person the party needs to embrace. He's moderate. He doesn't love abortion, and he's for sensible gun rights. He's willing to take an intelligent stand, rather than following a straight party line. Honestly, I'd love to see more moderates from both parties. Wouldn't we all, honestly? I'm sick of all these crazies on both sides. 

2018-03-15 7:42 AM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Champion
Alabama
"Clinton suggested white women voted for Trump because of "ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, your boss, your son, whoever, believes you should.""

Wow, tells you what Clinton thinks about women.
2018-03-15 8:31 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio "Clinton suggested white women voted for Trump because of "ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, your boss, your son, whoever, believes you should."" Wow, tells you what Clinton thinks about women.

I must be doing something wrong......the women in my life don't listen to me no matter what I'm saying.

2018-03-15 8:34 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Rogillio "Clinton suggested white women voted for Trump because of "ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, your boss, your son, whoever, believes you should."" Wow, tells you what Clinton thinks about women.

I must be doing something wrong......the women in my life don't listen to me no matter what I'm saying.

IKR?!

OTOH, my wife will often start a conversation with, "You haven't heard a word I've said have you?!" I this is an odd way to start a conversation.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » DNC Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

DNC can sweep the mid-terms

Started by Rogillio
Views: 366 Posts: 2

2017-12-15 1:06 PM dmiller5

DNC

Started by Rogillio
Views: 847 Posts: 8

2017-07-26 4:27 PM Rogillio