Other Resources The Political Joe » So, are The Donald and the Mrs. Watching TV Tonight? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2018-04-01 3:03 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: So, are The Donald and the Mrs. Watching TV Tonight?

Wife, twin 18 year old girls, mother-in-law (she won't leave), female 12 year old dog......son (he won't come home).  I can't have nothing.

2018-04-01 3:48 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Wife, twin 18 year old girls, mother-in-law (she won't leave), emale 12 year old dog......son (he won't come home).  I can't have nothing.

That’s funny I don’t care who you are.

Fav MIL joke:

Definition of mixed emotions: When your mother in law drives off a cliff....in your new Lamborghini.
2018-04-01 4:21 PM

User image

Pro

Eh....she's one hell of a gal.  85 years old, still drives, still goes to all my son's track and xc meets.....ran the last 100 yards of a triathlon my son won when she was 83.  Her and my father-in-law moved here from San Francisco when my twins were born, and they became a fixture in their lives.  We lost "PaPa" 8 years ago and she's been with us ever since.....we owe her that at a minimum....actually we could never repay her for her time and love for our kids.  Hell, her mom lived to be 97......she may outlive me.

I don't run anything around here......I probably never did, they just let me have my delusions.  hahaha

2018-04-01 4:55 PM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Two dogs, two cats my wife and me, and the only other male is one of the cats and he's kinda an a**hole. So yeah, I feel ya Lefty, you just sorta keep your head down and try not to attract too much attention.

Dawg, my across the backyard neighbor has bees. I have about a 15 foot holly tree in my backyard that must have half his colony in it, shouldn't he give me some of the honey?
2018-04-01 8:39 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Oysterboy

Two dogs, two cats my wife and me, and the only other male is one of the cats and he's kinda an a**hole. So yeah, I feel ya Lefty, you just sorta keep your head down and try not to attract too much attention.

Dawg, my across the backyard neighbor has bees. I have about a 15 foot holly tree in my backyard that must have half his colony in it, shouldn't he give me some of the honey?

Seems a reasonable request to me. Most everything I've read discusses ways to keep the neighbors happy. They all mention dropping off at least a pint with each immediate neighbor(shared fence) at harvest time. Just to keep everyone content, because eventually someone is going to get a crapton of bees in their yard when a hive swarms!
2018-04-01 8:45 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Elite
Originally posted by mdg2003

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

CD - you DO realize that everything you just posted is conjecture, right?  "Probably", and "I'm willing to bet", has not worked out too good for y'all so far......but we're having fun with it.   LMAO  

Have a beer or something.....he's going to be President for 7 more years.....you're gonna get old worrying about this stuff.

Invest in the stock market......you'll feel better.  You coulda made 20% on your money over the last year if you weren't so worried about who he had sex with.  You ain't gonna make that on your old Guns and Roses records.  HAHAHAHA!!!

Yes, because we all have lawyers paint up non-disclosure agreements worth 6 figures when we had completely innocent relationships.
Riiiiight.
Many of his most ardent supporters aren't that gullible.....racist and sexist? Maybe. But gullible? Nah.

The Right will support pedophiles before they support Democrats. Tis a crazy world.

Stormy is a minor?

(insert Foghorn Leghorn accent) "I say, I say, we honorable Alabamans will nevuh stand fuh libruhls in the United States' Senate! Judge Roy Moore is an honorable man...in fact, just the othuh day mah daughter was at the shopping mall. He helped huh pick out several outfits! He is so honorable he even asked fuh puhmission to take huh to huh freshman dance!

Fact: Trump supported a known pedophile, Judge Roy Moore, for Senate.

Keep telling yourselves the end justifies the means.

• ..and btw, my cable package does not have MSNBC, Fox News, CNN. So, no, haven't seen Rachel Maddow in a while. That said, from clips I've seen on line, she's 10000x more polite and objective than Hannity.
  • ..and the only thing I am missing from Faux News is incredibly hawt anchorettes in tight mini-skirts.

• Happy Easter!

Roy Moore is relevant to the Stormy issue, how?

Find me a story updating the criminal prosecution of Roy Moore for pedophilia. Or is he already doing time for those offenses you're so sure exist. Prove your point Adz, don't just click off another bullet point that's incorrect and irrelevant to the current discussion. Again, this is a prime example of political douchbaggery that got Trump elected. This is why Donald Trump is your President now and for the next 6 years.
    Hannity and Rachel? Same animal, different political parties. Rachel is just as nasty as hannity when it comes to politics. Maybe not as whiney, but definitely just as nasty. Why tell us you don't have cable so you haven't seen Rachel, yet you say you watch her on youtube?
    Your final statement is pretty offensive. Calling Fox women anchorettes? Why do feel the need to diminish these brilliant women and the hard work they've put in to get where they are? Scared of intelligent women? Again, this is the kind of stuff that has brought Americans together behind Trump. He's your President right now because you're scared of intelligent beautiful women. I hope to heck you don't have the opportunity to raise women. You'll likely be demeaning towards them and their accomplishments.

Hmm, let's see....where to start. So much material, so little time...and don't worry, I forgive your personal attack...pretty low, but it's Easter. Turn the other cheek and all.
    Scores of witnesses literally saw this guy (moore) trolling for minors. He was dating a 14 year old (amongst other sub-18 year old girls as a man in his early 30s). He wasn't allowed into his local YMCA because of his creepy pursuit of young girls. It was a well-known fact. Perhaps you are fine with that, great. He's probably free to baby-sit for ya, but I wouldn't advise it.

As for Maddow and Hannity, I don't regularly watch them because I don't have the fancy cable. Too much garbage for too much money. When it's relevant, I'll watch a clip of them on-line. Maddow makes sense, uses facts, and doesn't shout over people. Hannity is rude, Maddow's not.

If you believe the term anchorette is offensive, that's on you. I disagree. Faux News trots out eye candy better than any of the networks, always has. It's one of the main reasons they do quite well in the ratings, don't kid yourself.
  • ..and scared of beautiful, intelligent women??? ...and that's why Donald Trump is president??? BWAHAHAHA! You crack me up. I've never dated (or married) a woman whose i.q. isn't above 130, or whose SAT scores weren't extremely high. And btw, how the heck did my preferences for selecting girlfriends or a wife affect the presidential race???

• btw, watch out! I am raising a wonderful young lady as we speak. She's amazing. Very much like her mom. Very intelligent, strong, assertive...a natural born leader.

I hope ya'll had a fantastic Easter!

2018-04-01 9:09 PM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I knew we were gonna catch a fish on that one.

Damn.....now I gotta ask my wife what she got on her SAT 40 years ago. LOL

Edited by Left Brain 2018-04-01 9:10 PM
    2018-04-02 7:58 AM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

(BTrollin%22.jpg)

Attachments
    ----------------
    BTrollin%22.jpg (48KB - 7 downloads)
    2018-04-02 8:00 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/03/denying-genetics-isnt-...

Interesting article on genetics and intelligence.....and liberalism.

I have always held that all people are not equal. We are all different and we all have different gifts and different shortcomings. I was always a back-of-the-pack athlete but math always came easy for me. I have two kids that are on opposite ends of the IQ bell curve. My wife is wicked smart and, don't let my wife see this but, I suspect my son got his brilliance primarily from her genes. She is of German decent and I think, as a 'race' or ethnicity, plays a big part of her intelligence.

Then too, there is a difference in intelligence and savvy/wisdom.
    2018-04-02 8:54 AM

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by Rogillio

I have always held that all people are not equal. We are all different and we all have different gifts and different shortcomings. I was always a back-of-the-pack athlete but math always came easy for me. I have two kids that are on opposite ends of the IQ bell curve. My wife is wicked smart and, don't let my wife see this but, I suspect my son got his brilliance primarily from her genes. She is of German decent and I think, as a 'race' or ethnicity, plays a big part of her intelligence.

Cool article Rogillio. I agree with you that people are not "born equal" when it comes to intelligence. That said, there are so many different types of "intelligence." Book smarts, street smarts, compassionate smarts, etc. Also, it will forever be debatable just how much these various forms of intelligence are formed genetically, and how much are impacted both positively and negatively by environmental factors, the "nurture" if you will. Remember, the nurture component in humans is much more important than it is in other animals because it takes so long for us to become self-sustainable.

The take-home conclusion on race and intelligence in my opinion should be a cautionary one. While some groups will, on average, appear further to the right on the intelligence bell curve, there are members of every race and both sexes that appear on the far right side of the bell curve. Having a pre-conceived notion of one's intelligence based on race or sex is not a smart move.

2018-04-02 9:01 AM

User image

Elite

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I knew we were gonna catch a fish on that one.

Damn.....now I gotta ask my wife what she got on her SAT 40 years ago. LOL

Oh yes, good on you! mdg got me. Trolled me good!
    Who knew that insulting a father's ability to raise his child would elicit a response?
    Well played. Be proud of yourselves!

2018-04-02 9:10 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

Cool article Rogillio. I agree with you that people are not "born equal" when it comes to intelligence. That said, there are so many different types of "intelligence." Book smarts, street smarts, compassionate smarts, etc. Also, it will forever be debatable just how much these various forms of intelligence are formed genetically, and how much are impacted both positively and negatively by environmental factors, the "nurture" if you will. Remember, the nurture component in humans is much more important than it is in other animals because it takes so long for us to become self-sustainable.

The take-home conclusion on race and intelligence in my opinion should be a cautionary one. While some groups will, on average, appear further to the right on the intelligence bell curve, there are members of every race and both sexes that appear on the far right side of the bell curve. Having a pre-conceived notion of one's intelligence based on race or sex is not a smart move.

I agree it has to be addressed cautiously. I think it is human nature to have preconceived ideas about groups of people. Prejudice is simply a state of mind, never hurt anyone and we all are prejudice based on our life's experiences. It is when we act on these prejudices that we discriminate.

I was never offended by the movie title "White Men Can't Jump" because, in general it is true.....just looks at the racial make up of NBA teams. Why is that? I think it is BOTH genetics and environment. I cut thru a subdivision on drive home from work that is probably 50% black homes. I almost always see the black kids out shooting hoop in their driveway....as young as about 5 years old. If you grow up playing BB since you were old enough to dribble a ball, you are going to be good. But I also think black people are generally genetically athletically gifted more so (proportionally) than whites or Asians.

Edited by Rogillio 2018-04-02 9:13 AM
    2018-04-02 9:28 AM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

CD - you DO realize that everything you just posted is conjecture, right?  "Probably", and "I'm willing to bet", has not worked out too good for y'all so far......but we're having fun with it.   LMAO  

Have a beer or something.....he's going to be President for 7 more years.....you're gonna get old worrying about this stuff.

Invest in the stock market......you'll feel better.  You coulda made 20% on your money over the last year if you weren't so worried about who he had sex with.  You ain't gonna make that on your old Guns and Roses records.  HAHAHAHA!!!

Yes, because we all have lawyers paint up non-disclosure agreements worth 6 figures when we had completely innocent relationships.
    Riiiiight.
    Many of his most ardent supporters aren't that gullible.....racist and sexist? Maybe. But gullible? Nah.

The Right will support pedophiles before they support Democrats. Tis a crazy world.

Stormy is a minor?

(insert Foghorn Leghorn accent) "I say, I say, we honorable Alabamans will nevuh stand fuh libruhls in the United States' Senate! Judge Roy Moore is an honorable man...in fact, just the othuh day mah daughter was at the shopping mall. He helped huh pick out several outfits! He is so honorable he even asked fuh puhmission to take huh to huh freshman dance!

• ..and btw, my cable package does not have MSNBC, Fox News, CNN. So, no, haven't seen Rachel Maddow in a while. That said, from clips I've seen on line, she's 10000x more polite and objective than Hannity.
  • ..and the only thing I am missing from Faux News is incredibly hawt anchorettes in tight mini-skirts.

• Happy Easter!

Find me a story updating the criminal prosecution of Roy Moore for pedophilia. Or is he already doing time for those offenses you're so sure exist. Prove your point Adz, don't just click off another bullet point that's incorrect and irrelevant to the current discussion. Again, this is a prime example of political douchbaggery that got Trump elected. This is why Donald Trump is your President now and for the next 6 years.
    Hannity and Rachel? Same animal, different political parties. Rachel is just as nasty as hannity when it comes to politics. Maybe not as whiney, but definitely just as nasty. Why tell us you don't have cable so you haven't seen Rachel, yet you say you watch her on youtube?
    Your final statement is pretty offensive. Calling Fox women anchorettes? Why do feel the need to diminish these brilliant women and the hard work they've put in to get where they are? Scared of intelligent women? Again, this is the kind of stuff that has brought Americans together behind Trump. He's your President right now because you're scared of intelligent beautiful women. I hope to heck you don't have the opportunity to raise women. You'll likely be demeaning towards them and their accomplishments.

Hmm, let's see....where to start. So much material, so little time...and don't worry, I forgive your personal attack...pretty low, but it's Easter. Turn the other cheek and all.
    Scores of witnesses literally saw this guy (moore) trolling for minors. He was dating a 14 year old (amongst other sub-18 year old girls as a man in his early 30s). He wasn't allowed into his local YMCA because of his creepy pursuit of young girls. It was a well-known fact. Perhaps you are fine with that, great. He's probably free to baby-sit for ya, but I wouldn't advise it.

As for Maddow and Hannity, I don't regularly watch them because I don't have the fancy cable. Too much garbage for too much money. When it's relevant, I'll watch a clip of them on-line. Maddow makes sense, uses facts, and doesn't shout over people. Hannity is rude, Maddow's not.

If you believe the term anchorette is offensive, that's on you. I disagree. Faux News trots out eye candy better than any of the networks, always has. It's one of the main reasons they do quite well in the ratings, don't kid yourself.
  • ..and scared of beautiful, intelligent women??? ...and that's why Donald Trump is president??? BWAHAHAHA! You crack me up. I've never dated (or married) a woman whose i.q. isn't above 130, or whose SAT scores weren't extremely high. And btw, how the heck did my preferences for selecting girlfriends or a wife affect the presidential race???

• btw, watch out! I am raising a wonderful young lady as we speak. She's amazing. Very much like her mom. Very intelligent, strong, assertive...a natural born leader.

Yeah, I worded that all wrong. What I meant was; The left has consistently diminished the success of Republican women by applying demeaning labels. Anchorette is demeaning. Go call Rachel Maddow an anchorette. Ten bucks has her kicking your a** and you tapping out of the rear naked choke hold. You see and call Fox women eye candy in tight skirts, again, labels that are meant to diminish their mental attributes by suggesting they got the job based on looks. Big no no. The left invented the "republican war on women." Yet they attack republican women with impunity. That is why Trump is your president.
    The democrats have successfully diminished the successful black republicans using similar slimy techniques; the old Uncle Tom treatment is a fave. They didn't just stop there, they've used this to minimize the success of anyone that speaks against them. This is why Trump is your President.
    Trump saw the frustration of the average American that votes republican. The left and the DNC has repeatedly stereotyped and lumped us into one basket. Hillary tied the bow on that basket by labeling it. Deplorables. I'm not a bad person, racist, homophobe, xenophobe; yet I've been labeled, stereotyped and called backwards for my beliefs and what's important to me. Hell, you mentioned Easter in your response like it means something to me. It doesn't. I'm not religious and I rarely go to church, yet I'm packed right in there with the evangelicals. Assumptions, labels and stereotypes to the point that people went out in droves and voted for a candidate that gives most of us gas. Trump scares me, but I love how he throws the BS flag each and every time. Still not getting it, the DNC labels this as trolling. He not trolling, he's calling BS when he sees it and we are living every second of it.

Edited by mdg2003 2018-04-02 9:30 AM
    2018-04-02 11:17 AM

User image

Expert
    Floriduh
    Although I don't share a lot of those sentiments, I understand much of what you are saying Dawg. And after 8 years of Obama and a deluge of attacks on him from the right (yes, it comes from all sides now), you and a lot who think similarly were willing to vote for someone, as you so elegantly state, "gives you gas". The thing I think missing from your argument, is that it likely that HRC was amongst a handful of Democrats that Trump could have beaten in 2016. Maybe would not have made the difference in TX, and I'm not sure in FL either, but in WI, MI and PA, her lacklustre candidacy give the whole shooting match to DJT. Further, the fact that DJT just continues to pander to his base is not growing his constituency but making everyone hunker down with their own tribe. Something has to change this, I'm looking to the next Democratic candidate to do so as I see the GOP as Trump's party now. For better or worse.
    2018-04-02 11:55 AM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

Although I don't share a lot of those sentiments, I understand much of what you are saying Dawg. And after 8 years of Obama and a deluge of attacks on him from the right (yes, it comes from all sides now), you and a lot who think similarly were willing to vote for someone, as you so elegantly state, "gives you gas". The thing I think missing from your argument, is that it likely that HRC was amongst a handful of Democrats that Trump could have beaten in 2016. Maybe would not have made the difference in TX, and I'm not sure in FL either, but in WI, MI and PA, her lacklustre candidacy give the whole shooting match to DJT. Further, the fact that DJT just continues to pander to his base is not growing his constituency but making everyone hunker down with their own tribe. Something has to change this, I'm looking to the next Democratic candidate to do so as I see the GOP as Trump's party now. For better or worse.

Darn it! I have to agree with you Oyst! Had the dems run anyone except Hillary (or self avowed socialist Bernie) Trump probably would not have one. The Clinton coronation and sense of entitlement of Clinton drove people to the other side. I never understood how Hillary lived in Arkansas all her life then lived in DC for 8 years.....but then got elected Senator from NY. And then, when she lost to Obama, she still got the top slot of Sec of State as if intentionally building her resume to be POTUS. Had the DNC run Pocahontas or a moderate democrat they'd of beaten Trump in a landslide. I'm a far right republican and I was not happy with Trump as the GOP candidate. I would have preferred Newt. I think Newt is the Thomas Jefferson of our time. Clinton and Bernie were the worst candidates the DNC has put up in decades.

Once Trump was locked in as the GOP candidate, with Clinton on the other side, there was no choice for me.....same reason why I voted for Roy Moore despite the sins of his youth some 40 years ago.

So if the DNC had put up a moderate democrat without so much baggage would I have voted for him/her? No a frickin' chance! LOL But I think most independents would as well as many moderate republicans.
    2018-04-02 1:25 PM

User image

Elite

• ..same reason why I voted for Roy Moore despite the sins of his youth some 40 years ago.

• "Sins of his youth?" He was dating a 14 year old and local businesses had to be on the lookout for this guy...when he was in his 30s.

Sorry, there was a choice. What's done is done though.

2018-04-02 1:40 PM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

• ..same reason why I voted for Roy Moore despite the sins of his youth some 40 years ago.

• "Sins of his youth?" He was dating a 14 year old and local businesses had to be on the lookout for this guy...when he was in his 30s.

Sorry, there was a choice. What's done is done though.

Well, when you are 71 you too might consider your early 30s as being your 'youth'. Heck, I'm 55 and already consider my 30s as my youth. I certainly hope no one digs up things I did 40 years ago......but I guess the statue of limitation on those crimes is over. Not so much with sexual accusations. They live forever! You just need to keep them to yourself until you can maximize the amount of damage you can do with your allegations! Just as Bill Cosby....and that Hollywood guy, Weinstein.

ETA

So by "no choice" I mean the consequences of losing the Senate was far more important than 'punishing' Moore or 'sending a message'. See thread about Kennedy and the SCOTUS. If reps lose the Senate it could effect this country for the next 30 years. My thinking was let Moore serve the 2 or 3 years (or whatever it is) till the regular election and then work to defeat him in the primaries with a better person.

Edited by Rogillio 2018-04-02 1:47 PM
    2018-04-02 1:45 PM

User image

Elite

Riiiiight.

Stormy is a minor?

• Happy Easter!

Yeah, I worded that all wrong. What I meant was; The left has consistently diminished the success of Republican women by applying demeaning labels. Anchorette is demeaning. Go call Rachel Maddow an anchorette. Ten bucks has her kicking your a** and you tapping out of the rear naked choke hold. You see and call Fox women eye candy in tight skirts, again, labels that are meant to diminish their mental attributes by suggesting they got the job based on looks. Big no no. The left invented the "republican war on women." Yet they attack republican women with impunity. That is why Trump is your president.
    The democrats have successfully diminished the successful black republicans using similar slimy techniques; the old Uncle Tom treatment is a fave. They didn't just stop there, they've used this to minimize the success of anyone that speaks against them. This is why Trump is your President.
    Trump saw the frustration of the average American that votes republican. The left and the DNC has repeatedly stereotyped and lumped us into one basket. Hillary tied the bow on that basket by labeling it. Deplorables. I'm not a bad person, racist, homophobe, xenophobe; yet I've been labeled, stereotyped and called backwards for my beliefs and what's important to me. Hell, you mentioned Easter in your response like it means something to me. It doesn't. I'm not religious and I rarely go to church, yet I'm packed right in there with the evangelicals. Assumptions, labels and stereotypes to the point that people went out in droves and voted for a candidate that gives most of us gas. Trump scares me, but I love how he throws the BS flag each and every time. Still not getting it, the DNC labels this as trolling. He not trolling, he's calling BS when he sees it and we are living every second of it.

"Yeah, I worded that all wrong."
    Which part of insulting my parenting abilities was it? Which part of your personal attack was justified? Because I used the term anchorette? My my someone's sensitive. It's television news. If you don't think networks put out nice-looking anchor studs and anchorettes you are kidding yourself. It's not demeaning and it's nothing new. Faux just does a better job of it than other networks..
    It's not a Left or a Right thing, I call 'em like I see 'em. I guess the "Republican War on Women" has nothing to do with the GOP not supporting an equal rights amendment or the GOP wanting the government to decide what a woman does with her own body, right?

Trump is president for a multitude of reasons, first and foremost Hillary's inability to connect with voters.
    There's a reason he lost the popular vote as well. (newsflash, it wasn't "millions of illegals voting for Hillary." like the salesman would have you believe), it's the fact there are more Dems than Repubs, and the blue states are in general, more solidly blue. Trump carried the important purples because Dems didn't show up for HRC. Trump has more charisma.

Other than that, in general, I say Happy Easter to folks on Easter. I don't care if you don't celebrate it. I like easter egg hunts. I am pro-Easter Bunny.

btw, how's that trade war with China working out for us? All this winning!!!!! So much winning!

2018-04-02 1:57 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Champion
    Alabama

btw, how's that trade war with China working out for us? All this winning!!!!! So much winning!

It's kinda like going to the dentist to have a cavity filled because the tooth is sore. The dentist starts drilling....you feel the shrill vibration going thru your head, you smell the burn or enamel as the high speed drill grinds a hole in your tooth and you clench your fists as the drill hits a nerve that is not quite numb. You are squirming in the chair.....and the someone asks "So, how's this dentist thing working out for ya?"

"The gap between Chinese goods imported to the United States and American goods exported to China rose to $375.2 billion last year, up from $347 billion the prior year, data released Tuesday morning by the Commerce Department showed."

$375 BILLION dollars of our nation's wealth went to China last year! It's time to go to the dentist and get this fixed once and for all!
    2018-04-02 2:02 PM

User image

Expert
    Floriduh

Darn it! I have to agree with you Oyst! Had the dems run anyone except Hillary (or self avowed socialist Bernie) Trump probably would not have one. The Clinton coronation and sense of entitlement of Clinton drove people to the other side. I never understood how Hillary lived in Arkansas all her life then lived in DC for 8 years.....but then got elected Senator from NY. And then, when she lost to Obama, she still got the top slot of Sec of State as if intentionally building her resume to be POTUS. Had the DNC run Pocahontas or a moderate democrat they'd of beaten Trump in a landslide. I'm a far right republican and I was not happy with Trump as the GOP candidate. I would have preferred Newt. I think Newt is the Thomas Jefferson of our time. Clinton and Bernie were the worst candidates the DNC has put up in decades.

Once Trump was locked in as the GOP candidate, with Clinton on the other side, there was no choice for me.....same reason why I voted for Roy Moore despite the sins of his youth some 40 years ago.

So if the DNC had put up a moderate democrat without so much baggage would I have voted for him/her? No a frickin' chance! LOL But I think most independents would as well as many moderate republicans.

I really am anxious to see who comes out of the Democratic primary mill. I am hoping for a thoughtful centrist and I think this is entirely plausible as Trump has completely ceded much of the middle of the road to others. I think that we will likely see something from the Warren/Sanders wing but I do not think we will see the huge thumb on the scale that HRC got from Wasserman-Schultze in 2016 and so I am looking forward to a full airing of ideas and potential solutions. One thing for sure, there will be no shortage of people who will throw their hat in the ring in 2020. Would also be nice to see Trump have a primary challenger to present more conventional GOP ideas (no, tariffs are NOT a mainstream GOP idea - and neither is that d@mn wall), but I'm less sure that will happen.
    2018-04-02 2:04 PM

User image

Expert
    Floriduh

It's kinda like going to the dentist to have a cavity filled because the tooth is sore. The dentist starts drilling....you feel the shrill vibration going thru your head, you smell the burn or enamel as the high speed drill grinds a hole in your tooth and you clench your fists as the drill hits a nerve that is not quite numb. You are squirming in the chair.....and the someone asks "So, how's this dentist thing working out for ya?"

"The gap between Chinese goods imported to the United States and American goods exported to China rose to $375.2 billion last year, up from $347 billion the prior year, data released Tuesday morning by the Commerce Department showed."

$375 BILLION dollars of our nation's wealth went to China last year! It's time to go to the dentist and get this fixed once and for all!

Look around your house and figure out what you have that was made in the USA. My bet, not much.

2018-04-02 2:11 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
    Tejas

Riiiiight.

Stormy is a minor?

"Yeah, I worded that all wrong."
    Which part of insulting my parenting abilities was it? Which part of your personal attack was justified? Because I used the term anchorette? My my someone's sensitive. It's television news. If you don't think networks put out nice-looking anchor studs and anchorettes you are kidding yourself. It's not demeaning and it's nothing new. Faux just does a better job of it than other networks..
    It's not a Left or a Right thing, I call 'em like I see 'em. I guess the "Republican War on Women" has nothing to do with the GOP not supporting an equal rights amendment or the GOP wanting the government to decide what a woman does with her own body, right?

Trump is president for a multitude of reasons, first and foremost Hillary's inability to connect with voters.
    There's a reason he lost the popular vote as well. (newsflash, it wasn't "millions of illegals voting for Hillary." like the salesman would have you believe), it's the fact there are more Dems than Repubs, and the blue states are in general, more solidly blue. Trump carried the important purples because Dems didn't show up for HRC. Trump has more charisma.

Other than that, in general, I say Happy Easter to folks on Easter. I don't care if you don't celebrate it. I like easter egg hunts. I am pro-Easter Bunny.

Guess I wasn't clear again. I wasn't addressing any perceived personal attack. I was addressing your lack of respect for women that hold different view points than you.
    2018-04-02 2:26 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

Heh, looks like we're both accusing each other of voting for sh*tty candidates that were foisted upon us! I'm thinking Bernie could have beaten Trump. I believe he had Hillary beat until the DNC sandbagged him. The GOP tried to do the same to Trump. They out spent all the other candidates to beat them down and just couldn't out spend Trump. Back to Hillary. She had it in the bag until she came out with the deplorables comment and then sealed the deal by releasing the Howard Stern tape. Watching Hillary stand on the stage and try to look disgusted rang hollow, given her history of tolerating womanizing. I was seriously considering not voting until that moment of that particular debate. I think a lot of others felt the same way.

It will be interesting to see how the GOP stacks 2020. Bush is making speeches and don't think the GOP doesn't still want him in office. I disagree with your assessment that the GOP is Trump's party. They've done everything they can to prevent him from succeeding with his plans.
    2018-04-02 2:29 PM

User image

Champion
    Alabama

Look around your house and figure out what you have that was made in the USA. My bet, not much.

Beg to differ. I look around my living room and I see a solid oak entertainment center made by a patriotic American. I see two coffee tables, a granddaughter clock and desk all made by this same American craftsmen. The couch was made in NC. The wood flooring in the foyer and the dinning room was again made by that same Great American from twin oak trees that came down on my property. Unfortunately the TV was made in Asia as the last US made TV, be Zenith, went out of business in 1995. 5 Fords and a Corvette in the yard....all American brands albeit much manufactured elsewhere.

Attachments
    ----------------
    Woodwork.pdf (3288KB - 10 downloads)
    2018-04-02 4:59 PM

User image

Veteran
    St. Louis

Originally posted by Oysterboy Although I don't share a lot of those sentiments, I understand much of what you are saying Dawg. And after 8 years of Obama and a deluge of attacks on him from the right (yes, it comes from all sides now), you and a lot who think similarly were willing to vote for someone, as you so elegantly state, "gives you gas". The thing I think missing from your argument, is that it likely that HRC was amongst a handful of Democrats that Trump could have beaten in 2016. Maybe would not have made the difference in TX, and I'm not sure in FL either, but in WI, MI and PA, her lacklustre candidacy give the whole shooting match to DJT. Further, the fact that DJT just continues to pander to his base is not growing his constituency but making everyone hunker down with their own tribe. Something has to change this, I'm looking to the next Democratic candidate to do so as I see the GOP as Trump's party now. For better or worse.
    Darn it! I have to agree with you Oyst! Had the dems run anyone except Hillary (or self avowed socialist Bernie) Trump probably would not have one. The Clinton coronation and sense of entitlement of Clinton drove people to the other side. I never understood how Hillary lived in Arkansas all her life then lived in DC for 8 years.....but then got elected Senator from NY. And then, when she lost to Obama, she still got the top slot of Sec of State as if intentionally building her resume to be POTUS. Had the DNC run Pocahontas or a moderate democrat they'd of beaten Trump in a landslide. I'm a far right republican and I was not happy with Trump as the GOP candidate. I would have preferred Newt. I think Newt is the Thomas Jefferson of our time. Clinton and Bernie were the worst candidates the DNC has put up in decades. Once Trump was locked in as the GOP candidate, with Clinton on the other side, there was no choice for me.....same reason why I voted for Roy Moore despite the sins of his youth some 40 years ago. So if the DNC had put up a moderate democrat without so much baggage would I have voted for him/her? No a frickin' chance! LOL But I think most independents would as well as many moderate republicans.
    I really am anxious to see who comes out of the Democratic primary mill. I am hoping for a thoughtful centrist and I think this is entirely plausible as Trump has completely ceded much of the middle of the road to others. I think that we will likely see something from the Warren/Sanders wing but I do not think we will see the huge thumb on the scale that HRC got from Wasserman-Schultze in 2016 and so I am looking forward to a full airing of ideas and potential solutions. One thing for sure, there will be no shortage of people who will throw their hat in the ring in 2020. Would also be nice to see Trump have a primary challenger to present more conventional GOP ideas (no, tariffs are NOT a mainstream GOP idea - and neither is that d@mn wall), but I'm less sure that will happen.

I feel like Sen. Flake has been trying to set himself up for a run at Trump in the primaries.  

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » So, are The Donald and the Mrs. Watching TV Tonight? Rss Feed  

of 5

RELATED POSTS

Donald Trump, keeper of promises

Started by Rogillio
    Views: 530 Posts: 4

2017-12-07 1:23 PM tuwood

btw Rog, I am so sorry Pages: 1 2

Started by spudone
    Views: 1398 Posts: 30

2017-12-04 4:41 PM Bob Loblaw