Champion
Alabama
Subject: 2nd Amendment

2018-03-28 3:08 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: 2nd Amendment

Yeah, if you think the 2nd amendment no longer applies, go ahead and repeal it......at which time you will find out EXACTLY why it was there. 

The very idea that I would ever give my guns up to the Govt. is beyond hysterical.  LMAOOOOOOOO   Wait until you see what the really radical gun guys do. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

2018-03-29 7:24 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro

Here's the thing that is the most comical of the Lib's position.  On the one hand, there is much gnashing of teeth by many Libs that President Trump is somehow trying to set up a dictatorship, or set himself up for a longer term, against our laws.  But then they want to get rid of guns......in which possession was granted in the Constitution expressly for protection against any sitting govt. moving toward tyranny.  How in the world do they justify their positions? (I know the answer to that LOL )

You want to know why I never worry about our Govt. moving toward a dictatorship or tyranny......because I know the kind of people who keep guns in this country....and it'll never happen without a fight that the Govt. can't win.

2018-03-29 7:35 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
2018-04-26 9:04 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Written by my 17 year old last night for a school assignment on " gun control views"......in case any of you anti-gun folks think you're making headway with our kids because you saw a few of them making noise after Parkland:

The second amendment and gun rights as a whole is a huge topic in present day politics. Now more than ever, both liberals, conservatives, and everyone in between are voicing their opinions on the matter in big ways. While the gun debate has been a big topic in politics for years, the Parkland School Shooting sparked a national debate that doesn’t seem to be letting up anytime soon. With civilian safety at stake, the constitutionality of the matter, and the ability to protect oneself against a corrupt government, I’m here to tell you why all guns should stay available to whomever wants one.

The first argument that anti-gun protesters and supporters make is usually, “it’s safer for civilians”. But, is it? In recent years especially, people who are wanting to kill mass numbers of people have found ways to do it- with and without guns. Numerous terrorist attacks have occurred that in no way involve guns. For example, just days ago Alek Minassian plowed into a group of people in Toronto- killing 10 people and leaving many injured. If we wanted to use only examples from America, then take the October 31st attack that occurred in New York City- it left eight people dead and 12 more injured. From March 2nd to March 21st of this year, Mark Conditt terrorized the city of Austin with his series of package bombs, leaving two dead and six injured. Let’s not forget to mention the rise in stabbing attacks this year either. On February 20th, 2018, six people were stabbed in North London, their death rate from knife attacks has continued to rise since then. London’s murder rate is now higher than New York City’s (which is important to point out considering guns are illegal in England aside from hunting rifles and shotguns). Now to remove myself from the topic of non-gun related attacks, let me point out a shooting that was ended because of a good guy with a gun (which is the majority of people who have guns). On March 20th, 2018, just days after the Parkland School Shooting, a seventeen year old walked into the school and killed a sixteen year old girl, injuring a 14 year old boy. Within 60 seconds of the first shot being fired, the school resource officer responded, shooting and killing the original shooter. Sadly, civilian safety is always at stake, gun reform will do nothing to slow down people who want to kill.

A big and lasting argument for gun rights activists is the fact that gun reform is unconstitutional- and it is. Aside from convicted felons, mentally incompetent persons, and firearm free areas, there is no way to keep a person from buying, owning, and using a gun- it is simply put, against the constitution. The only people that the second amendment can actually be infringed upon is if they are proved to be unfit to own and operate a gun.

Last but certainly not least, the second amendment was created for the people. Specifically for people to protect themselves against the United States government if it ever turns to tyranny or corruption. If nothing else, people should push for gun rights so as to see their freedom can never, and will never, be imposed on. Here are some examples of what can happen after a government takes away your guns. In 1929, the Soviet Union installed gun control; from that point on till 1953, 10 million citizens were rounded up and killed. In 1911 Turkey established gun control; from 1915 to 1917 the government committed genocide to over 1.5 million Christian Armenians. Perhaps the most famous of these examples- in 1938, Adolf Hitler established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and other minorities were rounded up and exterminated. China, Guatemala, Uganda, and Cambodia are among other countries of the 20th century that committed mass extermination of citizens after imposing gun control in their countries. All in all, over 56 million people were killed in the 20th century as a result of not being able to protect themselves.

Aldous Huxley once said, “That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach”. Gun right activists are trying to insure that America does not become another statistic, and that we do not fall into the group that has learned nothing.

Civilian safety, the constitution, and protection against tyranny will continue to be major arguments in a debate that isn’t going to end anytime soon.  For me and my family, we will always keep guns.

2018-04-26 10:46 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Niiiiice!

2018-04-26 10:55 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Very good essay! Did you get a grade on it yet? You should send to Laura Ingram and she if she will have him on her show. He could read the essay as an op-ed from the kids not walking out of class.
2018-04-26 11:00 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio Very good essay! Did you get a grade on it yet? You should send to Laura Ingram and she if she will have him on her show. He could read the essay as an op-ed from the kids not walking out of class.

That was written by my 17 year old DAUGHTER.

2018-04-26 11:17 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by Rogillio Very good essay! Did you get a grade on it yet? You should send to Laura Ingram and she if she will have him on her show. He could read the essay as an op-ed from the kids not walking out of class.

That was written by my 17 year old DAUGHTER.

Even better!
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » 2nd Amendment Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Corporate america and the 1st amendment

Started by Oysterboy
Views: 1008 Posts: 11

2017-07-11 8:17 AM Rogillio