General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Introduction Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-04-02 10:14 AM

Subject: Introduction
Hi All,

I am new the forum and relatively new to Triathlons. I have done two sprints in the past but am looking to get into it more this year and start upping my distance. I am looking forward to exploring everything this site has to offer.

2018-04-02 3:03 PM
in reply to: emattei

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Introduction
Welcome!

Please ask any questions in our Triathlon Talk forum, and you'll be sure to get some good answers. We have great training plans and articles, too.
2018-04-12 10:00 AM

Mainly here to bump some recent posts above the spam posts we got hit with.

But, in any case....welcome. It's a solid group of people and a place you can find advice to fit any level of interest.
From noobs/weekend warriors/completer/bucketlisters like me to really serious folks and even some pro-types. And everything in between.

And all are welcome.
2018-04-16 5:53 AM

User image

Hi, I am new here, but I am extremely excited.
2018-04-16 6:12 PM

Hi,

I had the crazy idea of trying a sprint triathlon this August as part of my journey to heal myself emotionally and physically after losing my mom to cancer last year. I am very overweight and was told I had "very poor cardiovascular fitness" around this time last year, but I am already making what I consider tremendous progress.

I am a nerd, so in addition to the physical work, I love learning everything I can about the sport (including about levels of the sport that are likely far beyond where I will ever reach). I am burning through "You Are an Ironman," for example, and can't wait to get started on Total Immersion and Born to Run. I'm also binge watching Triathlon Taren videos, among others. Bless that guy, I don't think I'll ever get to the end of them.

I'm so excited to get back in the water after many years of being a landlubber by association with my husband, who doesn't swim. I grew up around pools and the ocean, and was always in water. My dad like to say I'm an amphibian. I never learned to move QUICKLY through the water, though. Not yet.

Good luck all. Happy training,

Marie
2018-04-17 9:29 AM
in reply to: BlueMantis

User image

hi

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Introduction Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Introduction

Started by Parkland