General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How to know when your top Low Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-05-16 12:49 AM

User image

New user
Lesmurdie, Perth
Subject: How to know when your top Low
How do you know if you Body Fat Percentage is too low? Also in order to get that low do you have to drastically cut Calories

2018-05-16 1:44 AM
in reply to: Oggi

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: How to know when your top Low
Typically you would see signs of physical stress such as impaired immunity, being more vulnerable to injuries, delayed recovery from training, and the like. Probably this would be due to a combo of overtraining, life stress, and under-nutrition, or possibly (which has happened to me) after an illness like a bad case of the flu or food poisoning that seriously disrupts your nutrition for more than a week or so. It can also happen to people who are traveling hard and fast and not taking the time to eat properly. My guess is you would also have some symptoms of under fueling or overtraining like irritability, poor sleep, and food cravings.

Then there's what a former coach used to call the "dog test". If you can see the ribs, the dog's too thin. If you can't feel the ribs, the dog's too fat. Ditto for people. Simple enough.
2018-05-16 2:37 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

New user
Lesmurdie, Perth
Thanks, but you can see this Ribs of pretty much all the Professional Triathletes?
2018-05-16 3:56 AM
in reply to: Oggi

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Not sure as I haven't undressed one lately. (In my dreams....) At least I don't think you can see them through the tri-suit. Pro triathletes are generally a bit better nourished looking (and...er...more attractive to me) than pro runner types. I will check out my Raelert Brothers pinups and let you know LOL!
2018-05-17 11:56 PM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
And the answer is no..... possibly the bottom rib as that bends outward a bit on some people, but, for my N=2 sample of the Raelert brothers (pro triathletes from Germany--pinup in front of my trainer), you cannot see their other ribs. Nor on me. I pass the dog test, and I'm sure they do too.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » How to know when your top Low Rss Feed