General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BeginnerTriathlete Data Privacy - GDPR Compliance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-05-21 7:37 AM

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: BeginnerTriathlete Data Privacy - GDPR Compliance
We've updated our Terms and Privacy to spell out our compliance with the new Internet data privacy law enacted in the European Union. Since we have users in the EU, we need to comply with these regulations. (Besides which, they are ethical and good, so we would want to do that anyway.)

Obviously there are part of our site that don't work if you don't want to share data. For example, you can't use the training log if you don't want to enter data about your workouts. However, you can enter data but not make it public. And we spell out that we store that data for you, and you can ask for it to be deleted by deleting your account here.

There are easy ways to obscure this information, if this is a concern to you:

1) Don't use your real name in your account settings. Adding your name is optional here at BeginnerTriathlete. You can exist quite happily using only a screen name.

2) If you choose to add your real name to your account, but you don't want your Training Log to appear in search results, you'll need to make your Training Log private, or at least only visible to registered users.

I've attached a screenshot showing how to access the Training Log privacy settings.

You can read our updated Terms and Conditions (https://beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=103). I've read a number of resources trying to figure out if I need to send an email to every user informing you of the updated Terms and Privacy Policy, and I don't believe I need to clog your inbox with one more email of that nature, so I'm electing not to do that, and rather to post about it here and in our next newsletter issue.

(d844fe13-d710-4af3-ba96-b42cd1654ca0.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
d844fe13-d710-4af3-ba96-b42cd1654ca0.jpg (2689KB - 1 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » BeginnerTriathlete Data Privacy - GDPR Compliance Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Could this HR data be accurate?

Started by drew_ab
Views: 781 Posts: 10

2017-06-22 10:41 PM dtoce

Can I get new keys made for a yakima rack?

Started by greenmtnman
Views: 9028 Posts: 8

2017-08-06 10:44 PM AttilaHun