Snohomish, Washington
United States
BuDu Racing
Total Time = 1h 34m 5s
Overall Rank = 72/108
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 12/8
Pre-race routine:

So....the morning started with RAIN in North Bend. But, I was prepared. Tarp, rubber bath mat, XL new ziploc bag to keep my shoes, helmet and bike shoes dry....yes, if you are prepared it won't rain! That's my new motto..
Got up around 5:30...toast and pbj...then of course my GREEN TEA LATTE. :) The gal saw me coming and already had it made. She was very jealous that I was doing a TRI. ;0. It rained until I got to 405 then got "nice" relatively speaking....just a bit cold.
Got to the park about 7AM for an 8AM start. Small park called Flowing Lake in Snohomish. As I drove into the park i thought...oh no there were a lot of hills that I just drove on.....funny how I notice that!

Event warmup:

NONE...should have swam, but really didn't feel like warming up.
Swim
  • 11m 15s
  • 437 yards
  • 02m 34s / 100 yards
Comments:

I could tell I didn't warm up in the swim I wasn't as comfortable as I have been in the past (not counting Lake Samm), my HR was a bit high....but I hung in there and actually drafted (I think) off of a gal in front of me. I stayed on her feet for a while. Not that I was trying...just happened that way. I had attempted practicing this last week and I failed miserably, so it was fun to try again today. it was nice not to have to site a lot. Anyway, my swim was pretty good. There was a long walk from the swim finish to T1.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

T1 I was SLOW! B4 the race started the RD said to keep warm on the bike, last yr someone got hypothermia......so I took time at T1 to put on my jacket....very hard on a wet bod! :) Plus gotta have my gloves....need to work on not needing those. and then we had to run with the bike UPHILL to get on....my theighs were feeling it plus I was worried about falling in my bike shoes.....

nothing really....needed the jacket cause I am a whimp.
Bike
  • 56m 52s
  • 13.8 miles
  • 14.56 mile/hr
Comments:

There were several hard hills and then a killer after a hairpin turn.....would have been nice if a volunteer would have said..DOWNSHIFT.....uggs. Janelle lost her chain her and I was following a girl that almost lost...she lost speed, was clipped and headed towards the shoulder of the road ...but she saved it....i congratuated her. ....who hoo...nice save!!! The roads had gravel and were quite curvy, so we had to be very aware. Plus there was some traffic. But I survived.

Pre ride the course!
Transition 2
  • 01m 39s
Comments:

T2 went a bit better but I was still a bit slow cause I took off my jacket and was indecisive about my H20.....grabbed a GU and I was off.

make decisions faster...seemed to fumble a bit on the race number and jacket
Run
  • 19m 57s
  • 2.5 miles
  • 07m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

NOW, it was bad enough that the bike was hilly....but my GOSH>>>>did the run have to be UPHILL->DOWNHILL->UPHILL?? I swear there were no FLATs on that run....and we got to do two loops! Thank Godness it was only 2.5 miles.
I guess I got my hill training for running this week. WHEW! So I guess some of that 1700 ft may have been on the run!

I did get better on lap two...it wasn't as bad as the first. i think I was just in shock of all the hills...plus it was nerve racking to go down hill on the wet pavement and leaves. I just didn't want to fall....

Make sure to know the run course.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hills! But I still did good.

Event comments:

They should note on the event flyer that it is not flat! But I guess I know for next year!!

I should have signed up for Athena Div.
The first place Athena was 1:34:02 and I was 1:34:05 ! Oh well....

Went off to Kirkland to check in for my Bike leg of the Kirkland Tri tomorrow!

Last updated: 2006-09-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:11:15 | 437 yards | 02m 34s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/8
Overall: 0/108
Performance: Average
Suit: FULL
Course: Tri
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Below average
Cap removal: Below average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:56:52 | 13.8 miles | 14.56 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:39
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:19:57 | 02.5 miles | 07m 59s  min/mile
Performance:
Per the race results I did 7.98 minute miles.... YEA RIGHT! NO WAY was I at an 8 minute mile. I think the run was only 2 miles...that sounds more reasonable. I have been doing speed work on wed. nights and the fastest I ever ran was 9 minute miles.
Course: UPHILL->DOWNHILL->UPHILL->DOWNHILL
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes