General Discussion Race Reports! » City of Gainesville Summer Biathlon Series #6 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

City of Gainesville Summer Biathlon Series #6 - Biathlon (swim/run)

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Gainesville, Florida
United States
City of Gainesville Parks and Recreation
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 48m 13s
Overall Rank = /70
Age Group = 26-35
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Wake up, eat a waffle, drive to the park...
Event warmup:

Major leg warmup, because my right leg is really tight...
Swim
  • 17m
  • 875 yards
  • 01m 56s / 100 yards
Comments:

THe swim was second (dont have a way to select that in this thing)...so I literally drank pool water to recover from the run (am kinda grossed out thinking about that!)...the people who I was competing against were crazy good in the swim, I passed two older people, but got passed by three girls who were super fast! The first 2 lanes, I was just recovering from the run, going so so slow...then started getting back to normal...
What would you do differently?:

Practice swimming after running...
Transition 1
  • 01m 18s
Comments:

Had to take a few breaths cause I was tired from the run...got shoes and socks off, breathe...put on swim cap and goggles...breathe...run to the pool, jump in, and I'm off...

This time is an estimate, we got no split times at all...it was a very small race...

nothing...
Run
  • 30m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

There were no drink stations at all, I think they should have had at least one...I was very thirsty by the time I finished...I did feel like I stretched out well, and my right leg didn't hurt that much, which was great...happy about the run cause I completed it, I was VERY apprehensive about the run cause my runs had been going so horrible lately! The last mile or so of the run, I kept saying to myself "you didn't fall, you didn't walk"...because I was really proud that I didn't!

drink more beforehand...
Post race
Warm down:

stretch my bad leg...didn't have to do too much because the swim was second, which was a great warmdown:)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my body!

Event comments:

Tiny race, great for what I needed it for (a pick me up)...there were practically no volunteers, nobody cheering you on, no photographer...but it wasn't meant to be...it was just what I needed,a nd I'll probably do the whole series (there are 6 of them) next year because of that...

I don't know my rank yet cause they didn't update it on the website, will update when they do...

Last updated: 2006-09-17 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:17:00 | 875 yards | 01m 56s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/70
Performance: Average
Suit: TYR top and TYR shorts
Course: 16 laps of a 50 m pool. Get through one lane, switch over to the next lane...
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 78F / 26C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time:  01:18
Overall:
Removing cap, goggles and wetsuit:
Getting into shoes:
Running
00:30:00 | 03.11 miles | 09m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/70
Performance: Good
Course: run up to 23rd, over to 9th, down to 8th, back to 14th...a rectangle...pretty flat...
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-09-17 8:53 AM

User image

Veteran
Florida
Subject: City of Gainesville Summer Biathlon Series #6
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » City of Gainesville Summer Biathlon Series #6 Rss Feed