General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Giant Defy Advanced 2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-07-11 7:39 AM

Subject: Giant Defy Advanced 2
I am in the military and stationed in Guam. There is one bike dealer on the island and they carry Giant bikes at very competitive prices. I’ve decided on the Giant Advanced Pro 2. The problem is that they have no more left in a large frame. The manager even called Giant to see if another dealer had one to send. The 2019 bikes won’t be available until October/November time frame.

1) Any info on where I could get one in large earlier?
2) Thoughts on Giant Advanced 2 with added aeros as a first triathlon bike?

Any help is much appreciated!

2018-07-11 7:30 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Ventura, California
Subject: RE: Giant Defy Advanced 2

Looks like a great bike for the money. 

A good bike for Triathlon (or anything else) is one that fits your body. If your just getting started in Triathlon and doing shorter races up to Olympic I would not even worry about the aero bars, not saying you can't play with them. But it is far more important to get the bike dialed into your perfect fitment, then tweak and adjust for aero bars later. Although I just realized that bike has tubeless tires, you might want to research that before you buy. 

Also I just checked, you can go online and order a (satin green/black) large Giant Defy Adv. II right off the website, in stock. Although probably not at the price your getting through the bike shop.

Here is a fit calculator you can use to help determine the proper bike fit for a variety of road bike styles:

Competitive Cyclist Fit Guide

Giant Defy II Web Order Page

Edited by rjcalhoun 2018-07-11 7:40 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Giant Defy Advanced 2 Rss Feed