General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoe tread wear Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-07-21 12:31 PM

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Subject: Shoe tread wear
I have a huge issue with wearing through the outer edges of my running shoes. I'm on my 3rd dedicated pair of running shoes, and they've all been similar. Please understand that this is my personal experience only and there is no intent to malign these companies, I'm just trying to find my own best fit. (kinda sad that I feel that has to be said):

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 15. 1st pair, best of the 3 in terms of edge wear, but suffered with shin splints the entire time.

New Balance 1340v2. 2nd pair. Went to the NB store and went thru their whole "fit" process. Also added the insoles they suggested. Absolute worst for edge wear, took insoles out after a while because they were pushing my feet farther out. I am well up into the foam on the outside edge, while the inside edge looks new. Very comfortable until the wear got bad.

Hoka One One Stinson 3. Current pair, epic Goodwill find. Outer edge is wearing slower, but it is wearing. Epic comfort level.

I guess the question is whether or not there are shoes out there for an oversupinating fat guy. I have true flat feet, and I do run with a heel strike. Thanks for you time.

2018-07-21 4:54 PM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

User image

, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Shoe tread wear
I have heel strike and different from you I have a very high arch. My shoe wear pattern is always the same, but some shoes certainly wear out faster than others. I keep wearing them without worry for about 400 miles. I then start rotating new pairs in.

Wouldn't it be great if the shoe companies stopped changing our shoes?

Cheers,

Steve
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoe tread wear Rss Feed