General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin or wahoo Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-08-14 3:24 PM

Subject: Garmin or wahoo
This will be my first half Iron Man that I am doing and I use my Apple Watch to track everything. For the bike portion I want to have a bike computer to look down at, what’s better a wahoo or Garmin?

2018-08-14 4:24 PM
in reply to: Rtmatlin

User image

Veteran
Wilmington, NC
Subject: RE: Garmin or wahoo
Can't comment on Garmin as I had Suunto and went to Wahoo Elemt...lets just say I am in love with my Wahoo...I have the HR, cadence, and speed package on my bike...absolutely no issues so far (been a few months now)
2018-08-14 10:09 PM
in reply to: Rtmatlin

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina

Choose whatever is familiar to you and will likely not cause you problems and gives you the information that you have used in training to determine your pacing.

If you are going to pace by heart-rate, then you need to know that.  Nothing else.  Ditto for power.  Pacing by time is generally a bad idea, but if that's your thing, then you just need time.

Don't overwhelm yourself with data during the race.  Focus on the one thing that you are going to use for pacing.  Practice using that one thing during training.  Use it, and nothing else, during racing. 

(If that one thing is rate of perceived effort, then you can ditch the computer stuff.)

2018-08-14 11:08 PM
in reply to: tiggere

I was leaning toward the Wahoo
2018-08-14 11:10 PM
in reply to: Experior

Some good points.

TY
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin or wahoo Rss Feed