General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-08-18 10:40 PM

Subject: Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
I had a pressure test to measure the 4 compartments of my left lower leg. At rest the anterior, lateral and deep posterior were in the 30s and after exertion they were in the 40s. The doctor recommended a fasciaotomy.
I was an avid runner , running 25 miles a week for over 15 years.
About 4 years ago as I was running I developed a foot slap on my left leg. I also would feel pressure on my left leg.
I consulted with 2 surgeons. The first surgeon wanted to release all 4 compartments and decompress the fibular nerve. The 2nd surgeon wanted to release the 3 compartments with elevated pressure but he was not going to address the nerve issue.
I chose the 2nd surgeon. Before surgery I honestly had no idea what nerve decompression was.
I’m 8 weeks post op. I no longer feel the heavy pressure but I still have the foot slap when running.
My question is - Should I have had the nerve decompression? I have a feeling I’m going to need another surgery for the decompression. It seems like I’m getting a little nerve irritation going from below my knee to my foot when active.
Before surgery I had an EMG which came back fine. But the EMG was done at rest.
For those that had the surgery any advice on nerve decompression
Joe
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome Rss Feed