General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Performance Bike Shops... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-08-20 10:22 AM

User image

DC
Subject: Performance Bike Shops...
Eh, have experienced disconnects between Performance corporate policy and individual store "policies." (Northern Virginia.) Feel bad because I recently recommended their bikes to a friend. His bike came in less than perfect and store policy was, "too bad." Corporate on the other, made it right.

Anyone else have this experience? I ask b/c otherwise, Performance has really great products/deals.

2018-08-20 11:04 AM
in reply to: Porfirio

User image

Master
Falls Church, Virginia
Subject: RE: Performance Bike Shops...
I'm in NoVa, and I agree with you. I go to Performance if I want to buy some single servings of fuels to test, and I bought my pedals there b/c it was for a good price. But I've had poor experiences both with trying to get my bike serviced there, and also just trying to learn more about bikes in general. Nobody wants to help!
2018-08-20 11:07 AM
in reply to: Atlantia

User image

DC
Originally posted by Atlantia

I'm in NoVa, and I agree with you. I go to Performance if I want to buy some single servings of fuels to test, and I bought my pedals there b/c it was for a good price. But I've had poor experiences both with trying to get my bike serviced there, and also just trying to learn more about bikes in general. Nobody wants to help!

I knew it wasn't just me! Thanks for sharing.
2018-08-20 12:16 PM

User image

Veteran
The bike tech at my local Performance recognizes my bike when I bring it in for tune. I don't seem to have any issues, but if I wanted have any serious work done (cabling, installation of RTC levers, etc.) I may consider taking it somewhere else. I do pop in once in a awhile like a previous poster and will check out new nutrition and stuff. Sometimes something on sale may also catch my eye.
2018-08-20 1:02 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Had a bad experience with Performance in the Atlanta area earlier this year - they missed a ton of things during my bike's tune-up (I paid for the top tier one, even). Won't ever go back.

2018-08-20 2:17 PM

User image

I've had good experience with my performance shop, bought my tri-bike and Cycleops trainer there. However, I definitely have experienced a different quality of service with many different national chains whether that is bike shops or candle stores.

2018-08-20 2:58 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

DC
Originally posted by lisac957

Had a bad experience with Performance in the Atlanta area earlier this year - they missed a ton of things during my bike's tune-up (I paid for the top tier one, even). Won't ever go back.

So interesting. How can a big corporation be so badly managed store to store.ANY bike shop ought to be kissing our butts for the amount of money we pay.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Performance Bike Shops... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike Advice..good bike/good deal?

Started by mikeymac
Views: 1202 Posts: 5

2017-11-28 8:38 PM pistuo

How much bike upgrade with new bike?

Started by robertChiefsFan
Views: 989 Posts: 12

2017-08-25 8:39 AM yazmaster

Converting Cervelo P3 to Road bike