General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi and advice on IM tattoo Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-09-14 3:10 PM

Subject: Hi and advice on IM tattoo
My name is Bob. Completed IM Wisconsin on Sunday at 70 years young. Really neat to hear Mike Reilly call you an Ironman.
Question: I am considering getting a Mdot on ny calf. Would you be so kind as to recommend a parlor or artist in the Minneapolis-St.Paul area that would do a good job? Thanks

2018-09-14 8:59 PM
in reply to: Erickre60

Subject: RE: Hi and advice on IM tattoo
Can't recommend a tatto parlor in MPLS but I want to congratulate you on your incredible achievement! A lady at my gym is in the 70-74 age group and qualifies for Kona every year. You going?

Again, big congratulations!
2018-09-14 9:06 PM

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina

Congrats!

I would recommend that rather than web recommendations, you take a look for yourself.  Most good tattoo artists (and a lot of bad ones) have portfolios online.  Look at them and judge for yourself what they can do.  If you want the bog-standard M-dot corporate logo, then anybody who can do clean lines and even fill can do a god job.  If you are looking for something different then you will also want to look at their style and see whether you like it.

Once you find somebody i your area whose work you think you like, pay them a visit.  If it feels wrong walk away and try somewhere else.  You want to feel comfortable with whomever is sticking a needle in you.

Best of luck to you.

2018-09-19 4:53 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I can't help you with the tattoo artist recommendations but wanted to say congrats. I had the pleasure of volunteering at the aid station on Capitol Square and enjoyed seeing the determination on the faces of the athletes. I agree that hearing Mike Reilly call your name is an amazing experience. Enjoy your accomplishment. I hope you find an amazing artist. 

If you are on Facebook there is a group called "Ironman Tats" that always has pictures of incredible designs.

2018-09-19 9:07 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

absolutely amazing and inspiring, no idea about tattoo artist, but a heartfelt congrats
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi and advice on IM tattoo Rss Feed