Other Resources The Political Joe » The problem with free money..... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-10-04 8:39 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: The problem with free money.....
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/3/17934194/amazon-minimum-wage-rais...

Amazon raised it's minimum wage to $15. In my opinion, they should have given everyone a $6 raise. If you were already making $15 an hour, suddenly you are back to entry level pay. Article above says they are cutting incentive pay and bonuses. And therein lies the problem. Corporations are in the business to make money. Period. They are not in business to provides job to people, they exists to make money for the people who one the company, i.e. the shareholders.

My guess is they reason they did this is because of record low unemployment is making it harder to attract new employees. I think that is a good sign for the economy....Trumpenomics if you will. ;-)

In the final analysis businesses need to make a profit and will do whatever they need to do to keep up their profit margin. Raise minimum wage at a hamburger joint and replace enough tellers with automated machines to offset the added cost.

To those people working at minimum wage jobs in NYC and barely making ends meet, I have a suggestion. Move! There are places in the country where minimum wage jobs provide a decent living. Suggestion two, learn a skill. Bagging groceries or flipping hamburgers is not a skill.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » The problem with free money..... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

This is right on the money.........

Started by Left Brain
Views: 253 Posts: 3

2018-09-06 8:39 AM briderdt

Anyone know where I can buy counterfeit money?

Started by mdg2003
Views: 406 Posts: 4

2018-06-04 9:42 AM mdg2003

Gun free

Started by Rogillio
Views: 400 Posts: 9

2018-03-06 3:22 PM Oysterboy