Other Resources The Political Joe » Justice Roberts' Rebuke Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-11-26 10:16 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Subject: Justice Roberts' Rebuke
https://www.registerguard.com/opinion/20181126/thiessen-chief-justic...

"For someone trying to demonstrate that the judiciary is not political, getting into a political fight with the president sure is a funny way to do it."

Last week, when the story came out about Roberts saying the judiciary was not political, I remember telling someone that when judges make political statements or comment on politics, they become political themselves! The article above seems to agree. People, writers, opinionists, commentators and politicians have always criticized and praised the judiciary. The judiciary usually stay above the political fray and does not engage in politics....with the exception of RBG who trashed Trump before he got elected.

My opinion of Roberts dropped when he re-wrote Obamacare to declare the penalty for not getting insurance was actually a tax even though the ACA specially called it a penalty. I've always had insurance so was not really affected by the ACA other than my premiums when up but the individual mandate always galled me. The government ought not be compelling anyone to buy something they don't want and then penalizing them if they don't buy it. Roberts sided with the libs on the court on this and called the penalty a tax....and he came down a few notches in my book. Last week, he came down a few more notches.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Justice Roberts' Rebuke Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Obstruction of Justice

Started by Rogillio
Views: 275 Posts: 10

2018-05-03 11:33 AM Rogillio

Obstruction of Justice

Started by Rogillio
Views: 180 Posts: 1

2018-02-08 10:14 AM Rogillio

Obstruction of justice