General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Exercise Induced Compartment Syndrome Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2018-11-30 9:31 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Exercise Induced Compartment Syndrome
Orthopedist suspects this is the condition causing the pain I have when running. Its gotten to the point where I cannot run a mile without having to stop due to pain. The onset of pain is like clockwork, to the point where I started tracking on my watch. Some further tests to be done (MRI), but, frankly I've never heard of this before and the Orthopedist and Dr. Google both say surgery is really the only option to cure.

Anyone have experience with it or know someone who has? Interested in how they recovered from it.

Edited by hessma 2018-11-30 9:33 AM

2018-12-02 9:48 AM
in reply to: hessma

User image

Subject: RE: Exercise Induced Compartment Syndrome

MRI will rule out other stuff but only the Stryker test will definitively diagnose CS.  Following my test failure, I had surgery in Jan 2007 to release anteriorlateral compartments in both legs.  I walked up the stairs to my house after surgery, was walking 3 miles by the time the stitches came out, and running within 4 weeks.  Today the surgery is usually arthroscopic and quick.  I have a few minor lingering issues but overall had a successful recovery (4x ironman since then, 0 times ironman before the surgery).

2018-12-04 1:53 PM
in reply to: gailg

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Exercise Induced Compartment Syndrome
Originally posted by gailg

MRI will rule out other stuff but only the Stryker test will definitively diagnose CS.  Following my test failure, I had surgery in Jan 2007 to release anteriorlateral compartments in both legs.  I walked up the stairs to my house after surgery, was walking 3 miles by the time the stitches came out, and running within 4 weeks.  Today the surgery is usually arthroscopic and quick.  I have a few minor lingering issues but overall had a successful recovery (4x ironman since then, 0 times ironman before the surgery).

Good to hear from someone who has had the surgery done. Thanks for the feedback!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Exercise Induced Compartment Syndrome Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome

Started by Jsplend
Views: 320 Posts: 1

2018-08-18 10:40 PM Jsplend

Exercises for Tri

Started by nathan_strahl@yahoo.
Views: 575 Posts: 4

2018-07-19 1:37 PM TriJayhawkRyan

Post-Exercise Nutrition

Started by Oggi
Views: 1012 Posts: 5