Other Resources 2019 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society--Always Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
Show Per page

of 48

2019-12-11 8:28 AM
in reply to: nicole14e

User image

DeLand, Florida
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society--Always Open

Way to get back at it Nicole!  BTW the dizziness at boot camp I was never able to get over.  In shape, out of shape, didn't matter.  Maybe its just me...

Still off my ankle - I caused some kind of injury while dragging my corpse through my 23 mile run a couple weekends back, took a few days off, then ran 5 and it hurt again.  I've now been off almost a week (except speed walking a few miles at Riles' race) and its almost better.  I just want to get back to running, less than a month until the Dopey Challenge.  This weekend is speed work but then the following weekend is the killer - 5, 6, 12, 26 over 4 days.  I need a good ankle for all that business!!

2019-12-14 5:43 AM
in reply to: firebert

User image

Master
brummie land

Hey all, after a turbulent few days (not loving that election result!) i am back with beer! Enjoyed this one last night from a local brewery:

From sunrise to sunset our busy farm-based brewery never rests in producing the perfect pint! Pure Gold was the first beer to flow through our brewhouse and quickly became a local favourite, meaning that our head brewer Flo was mashing in before the farmyard cockerel had a chance to crow. To keep itself useful the cockerel decided to announce when it was time for a beer at the end of the day instead. His clear call can be heard around the beautiful rolling acres of the farm as the last brew is finished. From sunrise to sunset, from the first pour to the last drop, a pint of Pure Gold makes all our efforts worthwhile and if we ever forget what it’s all for, or when it’s just time for a beer we have Sol the cockerel there to remind us.

Hope all of you still exercising are doing ok? @firebert sort that ankle out soon, the pats need a new running back or ten or a wr, or te....anything!!!!!

2019-12-14 10:07 AM
in reply to: sappho96

User image

DeLand, Florida

Originally posted by sappho96

Hope all of you still exercising are doing ok? @firebert sort that ankle out soon, the pats need a new running back or ten or a wr, or te....anything!!!!!

Ugh....we need a lot of things on offense!  I hate to say it, mostly because their fans HATE us so much, but it looks like Baltimore's year.  Jackson is unstoppable and the D is (as always) top shelf.

Ankle - ran 4 miles yesterday, with extra walking to ease the ankle back in.  It twinged a few times but didn't seem bad, but then last night and now today it's miserable.  I'm going to switch to cycling to keep off of it, and I'm going to tape it up.  And do loads of PT exercises and stretches.  Typical tendon healing timeframe is at least as long as I have from now until the Dopey so we're going to have to hope for great things from the above....

Its weird it feels like a sprain, but I never had that ankle roll/'oh ' moment.  Then again it's medial (inside of the ankle) which it seems is more common as an overuse injury than an actual sprain....

New Thread
Other Resources 2019 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinker's Appreciation Society--Always Open Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 48

RELATED POSTS

Gray Guys/Gals Masters Mentor Group - OPEN Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by k9car363
Views: 2368 Posts: 97

2019-10-10 3:30 PM BlueBoy26

sdalcher Beginning Tri Group - Open

Started by sdalcher
Views: 312 Posts: 4

2018-04-04 7:28 PM leatherneckpa