BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 107

2019-09-17 9:15 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk What's with all the crazy rain? It's been beautiful in the northeast (not trying to rub it in - just comparison) Great job AM Great CALL Kirsten - sounded miserable! It's only Tuesday but it feels like Friday which is very disappointing. If I get a vote, I like black

Everyone gets a vote.  Your vote makes it a tie ;-)

Well, if everyone gets a vote...i vote/d blue! 

2019-09-17 9:31 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Anyone else register for an Ironman this week? Just me? 

2019-09-17 9:36 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by lisac957

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

2019-09-17 9:43 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by amd723

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

Wisconsin, my first Ironman love. It will be the 10-year anniversary of my first IM, and at the same finish line. Gives me goosebumps already.

2019-09-17 10:06 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

Wisconsin, my first Ironman love. It will be the 10-year anniversary of my first IM, and at the same finish line. Gives me goosebumps already.

That makes it extra exhilarating and exciting, even more motivation and determination!

2019-09-17 10:07 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Racing Manatees!!!

September 14-15
Ann-Marie - Harvest half marathon

Is anyone else racing?

Back in Florida from an absolutely terrific time in western north carolina! I am very pleased with my race as i did much better than i thought i would due to lack of real run training the last 6ish weeks and no hill training. Went so well I managed 1st in my AG

ETA: please ignore the bad grammar and any spelling issues- it's been a long day !

Super manatee!!  Great job, Hands!

2019-09-17 10:10 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

Congratulations!

2019-09-17 10:13 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I'm going to be in Asheville for work on Friday morning. It may be in the 40s Friday morning!  OK, 49 but still... 

(Actually, I'm going to be in Sylva on Thursday and Morganton on Friday and we are staying in Asheville overnight.)

2019-09-18 8:05 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by melbo55

Racing Manatees!!!

September 14-15

Is anyone else racing?

Back in Florida from an absolutely terrific time in western north carolina! I am very pleased with my race as i did much better than i thought i would due to lack of real run training the last 6ish weeks and no hill training. Went so well I managed 1st in my AG

ETA: please ignore the bad grammar and any spelling issues- it's been a long day !

That is such a nice race! Congratulations for kicking butt and taking names!

2019-09-18 8:08 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I'm going to be in Asheville for work on Friday morning. It may be in the 40s Friday morning!  OK, 49 but still... 

(Actually, I'm going to be in Sylva on Thursday and Morganton on Friday and we are staying in Asheville overnight.)

You will be circling all around me ! Enjoy the cool temps. I know I will!

2019-09-18 8:09 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

That is great.

2019-09-18 8:11 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by ceilidh

Racing Manatees!!!

September 14-15

Is anyone else racing?

Thanks all, i love this race -especially when i'm done!

2019-09-18 8:15 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Sylva is such a cute town. If you want a funky, vegetarian only menu with good beer, try Soul Infusion.   

2019-09-18 8:15 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Master
Orlando

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

That is great.

x2!

2019-09-18 8:17 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Sylva is such a cute town. If you want a funky, vegetarian only menu with good beer, try Soul Infusion.   

I get to eat where the state van stops.  ;-) I love Sylva but I miss the bakery that was there!

2019-09-18 8:23 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

I get to eat where the state van stops.  ;-) I love Sylva but I miss the bakery that was there!

Why did i get a mental image of a prison van when reading this?!  Hope the van doesn't only stop at McD's!

2019-09-18 8:43 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Why did i get a mental image of a prison van when reading this?!  Hope the van doesn't only stop at McD's!

Well, it *is* the mythical "white van" that everyone posts about in NextDoor!

No, it does not stop at McD's.  Sometimes Sheetz though. Actually, NC Cooperative Extension has a big local foods focus so we try to stop at those kind of places, or at least not chain food.

2019-09-18 1:02 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

That is great.

x2!

X3 - I want to chat with you Lisa about the Wisconsin course. But since my motto is #nofullsin2020 it's on the 2021 list.

and SINCE we've decided no fulls next year, I've decided I want to do more FUN things like getting back into mountain biking (I'm going somewhere with this I swear). So today, I went and ordered a new MTB. I'm kind of ill over spending that kind of money but when you think about it, I'm replacing a 2007 - so I tend to get my money's worth out of them.

What did I get you ask? Juliana Rubion - same thing as the Santa Cruz Bronson with smaller grips, different saddle and smaller grips (I'm told).

What am I replacing you ask? My pride and joy 2007 Titus Moto Lite. I bought the frame and the fork and hand picked everything on it. Not sure I have a good pic - must go look.

But here's the new one.................

(download.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
download.jpg (79KB - 2 downloads)
2019-09-18 1:09 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

That is great.

x2!

X3 - I want to chat with you Lisa about the Wisconsin course. But since my motto is #nofullsin2020 it's on the 2021 list. and SINCE we've decided no fulls next year, I've decided I want to do more FUN things like getting back into mountain biking (I'm going somewhere with this I swear). So today, I went and ordered a new MTB. I'm kind of ill over spending that kind of money but when you think about it, I'm replacing a 2007 - so I tend to get my money's worth out of them. What did I get you ask? Juliana Rubion - same thing as the Santa Cruz Bronson with smaller grips, different saddle and smaller grips (I'm told). What am I replacing you ask? My pride and joy 2007 Titus Moto Lite. I bought the frame and the fork and hand picked everything on it. Not sure I have a good pic - must go look. But here's the new one.................

Woo hoo! Congrats on the new bike!

2019-09-18 8:46 PM
in reply to: #5253173

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina
Been a bit since I've checked in. Sorry!

Been overwhelmed with Hurricane Dorian/Abaco relief. We have many friends in Marsh Harbour, and our Zinky is an Abaco Potcake dog, so we were very worried about friend's safety. The devastation is just horrific.

My 8th graders are a rough bunch, and my DH is a bit 'over' my IM training at this point. Doesn't help that he has a pinched nerve & has been in excrutiating pain since Sept 12th. Here's hoping he wakes up on the mend tomorrow.

Another 11 days of 'big training' & time to finally taper. They changed the run course again today for LOU, and is now THREE loops. Ugh! Good news is it goes right past the Aloft, so it'll be easy spectating for my family.
2019-09-19 6:15 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by glfprncs

Been a bit since I've checked in. Sorry!

Been overwhelmed with Hurricane Dorian/Abaco relief. We have many friends in Marsh Harbour, and our Zinky is an Abaco Potcake dog, so we were very worried about friend's safety. The devastation is just horrific.

My 8th graders are a rough bunch, and my DH is a bit 'over' my IM training at this point. Doesn't help that he has a pinched nerve & has been in excrutiating pain since Sept 12th. Here's hoping he wakes up on the mend tomorrow.

Another 11 days of 'big training' & time to finally taper. They changed the run course again today for LOU, and is now THREE loops. Ugh! Good news is it goes right past the Aloft, so it'll be easy spectating for my family.

you got this! (you tired of hearing that yet? LOL)

2019-09-19 6:38 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

oh heck no, not me!

Which race?

That is great.

x2!

X3 - I want to chat with you Lisa about the Wisconsin course. But since my motto is #nofullsin2020 it's on the 2021 list. and SINCE we've decided no fulls next year, I've decided I want to do more FUN things like getting back into mountain biking (I'm going somewhere with this I swear). So today, I went and ordered a new MTB. I'm kind of ill over spending that kind of money but when you think about it, I'm replacing a 2007 - so I tend to get my money's worth out of them. What did I get you ask? Juliana Rubion - same thing as the Santa Cruz Bronson with smaller grips, different saddle and smaller grips (I'm told). What am I replacing you ask? My pride and joy 2007 Titus Moto Lite. I bought the frame and the fork and hand picked everything on it. Not sure I have a good pic - must go look. But here's the new one.................

Nice!

2019-09-19 6:40 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by glfprncs Been a bit since I've checked in. Sorry! Been overwhelmed with Hurricane Dorian/Abaco relief. We have many friends in Marsh Harbour, and our Zinky is an Abaco Potcake dog, so we were very worried about friend's safety. The devastation is just horrific. My 8th graders are a rough bunch, and my DH is a bit 'over' my IM training at this point. Doesn't help that he has a pinched nerve & has been in excrutiating pain since Sept 12th. Here's hoping he wakes up on the mend tomorrow. Another 11 days of 'big training' & time to finally taper. They changed the run course again today for LOU, and is now THREE loops. Ugh! Good news is it goes right past the Aloft, so it'll be easy spectating for my family.

The poor Bahamas- I can't believe the devastation! I hope your friend is ok.

Why'd the change the course again? 

2019-09-19 7:06 AM

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina

Racing Manatees!!!

September 14-15

Is anyone else racing?

Thanks all, i love this race -especially when i'm done!

Wow, congrats on taking first!
2019-09-19 8:32 AM
in reply to: awm007

User image

Pennsylvania

Randee - congrats on the new ride, I love the color!  May you have many, many miles of fun together!

Nancy - sorry your life has been hectic lately, I hope your husband's pain improves and that your friends are safe and able to have food, water, and shelter.  Sorry to hear about the run course change, 3 loops doesn't sound particularly fun but as you said, at least your family will benefit!  Take care.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatees - 2019 Edition - Practice Maximum Enthusiasm - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 107